Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyderpops Bump Skid for 2014 RTSE6

I am really impressed with the Spyderpops' Bumpskid for our RTSE6! First, it was packaged so well that it took almost 10 minutes to get into it. When we finally got into the unit I was immediately impressed at how thick and substantial it was. With my bike up in the air, I was easily able to follow the very clear and simple instructions. When I pulled the OEM skid plate off I couldn't believe how flimsy and small it was. (see picture) Last month we had a close call around Rome, NY with a heavy duty tie down I couldn't avoid in the road. I am sure if I had had this skid plate, the bike would have been much better protected. In my opinion, the Baja Ron sway bar and Spyderpops heavy duty bump/skid should be the first two things a new spyder owner should get for their ryde. Many thanks to Spyderpops for offering such an excellent upgrade.
    20141009_174613.jpg20141009_183432.jpg20141009_183508.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    I am really impressed with the Spyderpops' Bumpskid for our RTSE6! First, it was packaged so well that it took almost 10 minutes to get into it. When we finally got into the unit I was immediately impressed at how thick and substantial it was. With my bike up in the air, I was easily able to follow the very clear and simple instructions. When I pulled the OEM skid plate off I couldn't believe how flimsy and small it was. (see picture) Last month we had a close call around Rome, NY with a heavy duty tie down I couldn't avoid in the road. I am sure if I had had this skid plate, the bike would have been much better protected. In my opinion, the Baja Ron sway bar and Spyderpops heavy duty bump/skid should be the first two things a new spyder owner should get for their ryde. Many thanks to Spyderpops for offering such an excellent upgrade.
    Great products and good people. Had one installed on RT-S in front and the Rooster tail preventer on hitch. Also added Bump Skid on RT-622 trailer to keep from scratching up the rear bottom. All work fine as advertised.
    All was installed by Harvey and Crew at Owners Event in Durango Colorado in less than 30 minutes.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I showed this to The Missus...

...And it's back on "The List"
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

In Stock Bob, Waiting for an appearance.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Yes, I absolutely agree...the original bumpskid is very small and light weight in comparison.
    I too now have a bumpskid for the RT-622.

Spyder Garage

We added ours shortly after getting the bike. When I went to install I was surprised to find that I already had a few scratches on the underside. Happy for the extra protection. It also made for a nice place to add lighting both above and below. I routed a few channels on the bottom side to recess the leds and give them a little protection. I ran a strip above the skid plate between it and the body.

CJ JAX
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Rooster tail preventer

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Great products and good people. Had one installed on RT-S in front and the Rooster tail preventer on hitch. Also added Bump Skid on RT-622 trailer to keep from scratching up the rear bottom. All work fine as advertised.
    All was installed by Harvey and Crew at Owners Event in Durango Colorado in less than 30 minutes.

Jack
    What is a rooster tail preventer??? Who make it??? Picture???

Thanks, larryd

Spyder Garage

Default I agree!!

After reading a lot here first, that was the very FIRST thing I installed on my new 2014 LTD. Very impressed with the thickness and the easy install. All the holes lined up perfect. THANKS SPYDERPOPS.

2014 RT Limited, #0085 Silver Platinum Satin with Black Seat
    Spyderpops Bump Skid Plate, Belt Guard, IPS, SS Knott Grilles,
    Show Chrome Luggage Rack, Passenger Arm Rest, 3 pc Lid Net Set,
    Smart Mount Driver Backrest, Windshield Dash Pouch System,
    TRICLED Blinkers and Brake Lights.
    Too Many Toys and Not Enough Time!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post

They were the first 2 things I did to my Spyder.
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    What is a rooster tail preventer??? Who make it??? Picture???

Thanks, larryd
    Fills in the space between the hitch and fender to prevent water from "rooster tailing" up onto the Spyder or passenger. It works!

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default WHO MAKES IT???

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Fills in the space between the hitch and fender to prevent water from "rooster tailing" up onto the Spyder or passenger. It works!

Jack

WHO IS THE MANUFACTURE OR THE SOURCE FOR THIS "ROOSTER TAILING" GUARD/FLAP???

Spyder Garage

WHO IS THE MANUFACTURE OR THE SOURCE FOR THIS "ROOSTER TAILING" GUARD/FLAP???

Spyderpops, on the home page or you can go to www.spyderpops.com

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

explain how that prevents the rooster tail by installing the skid plate??

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    explain how that prevents the rooster tail by installing the skid plate??
    It doesn't. They are two entirely different items.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Spyderpops, on the home page or you can go to www.spyderpops.com

Cruzr Joe
    I looked on spyderpops site and don't see them listed...I'll give him a call...

"trikermurtha" We are NOT talking about the bump skids...We are talking about rear flaps that go between the hitch and the fender...

THANK YOU "Cruzr Joe"

Spyder Garage

I looked on spyderpops site and don't see them listed...I'll give him a call...

"trikermurtha" We are NOT talking about the bump skids...We are talking about rear flaps that go between the hitch and the fender...

THANK YOU "Cruzr Joe"
    My pleasure, his # is 501 627-4008

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

NOw that I understand.. Guess the topic got off subject and missed it half way down..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    NOw that I understand.. Guess the topic got off subject and missed it half way down..
    That tends to happen a lot around here......you get used to it!

Spyder Garage

That is one sweet Spyder lift you have. I would never go inside.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Thanks! We lifted a friends 2010 RTS the other day and replaced a sway bar link in 5 minutes. He had never seen the complete bottom of his bike before.