Spyder Garage

Default Tri Axis Handlebar help

I just had the the Tri Axis Handlebars installed by my dealer. He did not give me any instructions. Now I am not very smart, but are you not supposed to be able to raise them also.

Thanks for any assistance

Rick
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    Squared Away Lasar alignment, TricLED Headlights, Foglights,Safety Bundle with Turn Module, BajaRon Sway Bar,Squared Away Mirror Wedges, Stebel Air Horn, Dash Turn Indicators, TricLED USA Flag
    2018 F3L , Intense Red

Spyder Garage

Yes. It's the bottom bolt in the center housing. It has a rubber cover on it.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Default Use your T handle allen wrench that came with your tri-axis

The dealer should have given you a T handle allen tool for adjustment of the tri axis handlebars.

Use it with the lower bolt (center of your tri axis lower portion under the rubber flap).

I adjusted mine a few times and now it's set. No more adjustments needed. No more neck and/or upper back pain.

Good luck with yours!
    Last edited by Jim&Teresa; 10-09-2014 at 04:51 PM.
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Guess they forgot something when I twist that bolt. it remains lose. I can raise the handlebars up. Another trip to the dealer tommorrow, I guess.

Thanks for the info.
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    Squared Away Lasar alignment, TricLED Headlights, Foglights,Safety Bundle with Turn Module, BajaRon Sway Bar,Squared Away Mirror Wedges, Stebel Air Horn, Dash Turn Indicators, TricLED USA Flag
    2018 F3L , Intense Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rtotten View Post
    Guess they forgot something when I twist that bolt. it remains lose. I can raise the handlebars up. Another trip to the dealer tommorrow, I guess.

Thanks for the info.
    It will raise or lower the handle bars as you turn it
    They rotate up or down
    The bolt will never tighten down unless you bottom it out
    But once you set it, it will not move
    Now 2014 RT Limited Cognac
    Was 2008 GS SM5

Don Garbarino

Cup Holder
    GPS locking holder
    Mud flap
    Modified KNOTT grill
    Phone holder and charger
    Trailer hitch
    Dual air horn
    Auxiliary fuse box with relays
    Heated clothing controller
    volt/oil pressure gauge
    Sequential signals in mirror
    Tri Axis Handle bars
    Baja Ron anti sway bar/heim links
    shorty antenna
    And many more

Spyder Garage

Yes, I understand that, but I should not be able to raise them 2-3 inches, should I? They are loose, except when in the lowest position.
    Last edited by rtotten; 10-10-2014 at 10:30 AM.
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    2018 F3L , Intense Red

Spyder Garage

They should never be loose. Sounds like the dealer messed up the install. Sorry to say its not the first case of this we have seen. Why can they not just follow instructions? Its not rocket science.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

glad you got them -- we have had ours on back order(had to pay for them) since June and they are still not in -- BRP is not being much help in solving the problem

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on back order since June..Just picked up a set off amazon and had them 2 days later..

Spyder Garage

Was going to say the same thing. They are NOT on national back order. Several places have them in stock including the BRP accessories site. Your dealer has fed you enough BS. Time to move on.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Red face Found the problem

I know this thread is a year old, but I found it when trying to solve the problem with MY handlebars. Tri Axis installed on Spyder RT-S at dealer before taking possession, and at lowest point aren't too bad for lil' old me, but way to low for 6'4" hubby. And when we tried to raise them, nothing happened. Same problem as above, turning the low center bolt just made the handlebars 'loose', and could then could flop up and down by several inches. The problem was locking nuts that weren't locked during installation. If anyone else has this issue, remove the lower rubber cover (4 Torx screws). While holding the handlebars up as high as they will go (might be helpful to have a 2nd person) use wrenches to tighten those locking nuts all the way up. You'll know you did it right when A) the bolt is now much tighter to turn, and B) the handlebars go up and down.
    Hope this helps someone else, we almost drove 6 hours to get it fixed until dealer figured out what happened and walked us through the fix.
    The handlebars now work great!

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat61 View Post
    I know this thread is a year old, but I found it when trying to solve the problem with MY handlebars. Tri Axis installed on Spyder RT-S at dealer before taking possession, and at lowest point aren't too bad for lil' old me, but way to low for 6'4" hubby. And when we tried to raise them, nothing happened. Same problem as above, turning the low center bolt just made the handlebars 'loose', and could then could flop up and down by several inches. The problem was locking nuts that weren't locked during installation. If anyone else has this issue, remove the lower rubber cover (4 Torx screws). While holding the handlebars up as high as they will go (might be helpful to have a 2nd person) use wrenches to tighten those locking nuts all the way up. You'll know you did it right when A) the bolt is now much tighter to turn, and B) the handlebars go up and down.
    Hope this helps someone else, we almost drove 6 hours to get it fixed until dealer figured out what happened and walked us through the fix.
    The handlebars now work great!

That's a great shot! Thanks for posting.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S