Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

As a member of our Spyder family, I'm very happy that you're OK. As a member of our armed forces, I'm very grateful for your service.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

Thank god you are okay. Its a good thing you seen it coming.

Spyder Garage

Default Wow!

Glad to see you are ok with only a bump/bruise condition.

riders have to be operating in the same mode as 2 wheelers and really drive defensively. That includes watching the back side as well. I know I have seen 4 wheelers coming up fast behind me and wonder if they have control. In your case it appears the operator didn't have the control. All we can do is make ourselves more visible, that's right MORE visible . I have added LEDs to the rear that really do "show the way" and when at the stop sign or light, tapping the brake really does show the distracted operator that there IS something in front of them waiting to proceed. I'm not indicating in any way that you were doing anything wrong, but we do have to look out for ourselves! ing about safety is one of the most important things we all can do to ensure our safety.

Hoping for a speedy recovery to your bumps and bruises and ryde safe my friend, ryde safe!!!

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

very sorry for what happened but thank you for letting everyone know why you should wear full gear, head to toe

Spyder Garage

Chief
    Glad you are ok.
    Caution:When you argue with an idiot,You have to lower your standards and then you get beat by their experience

Very Active Member bronzeflex42's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Whoa!!

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredCPO View Post
    First things first...I'm okay. Battered and bruised. Incredibly sore, but alive. Posted this on the Can AM Spyder FB page as well. If anyone wonders whether the Spyder is truly safer than a two wheel bike, I am living proof. Walked away from this yesterday. Released from the hospital after 8 hours with no broken bones or internal injuries. My 2014 RTS is totaled but I am alive this morning. Not sure how. I was at a dead stop waiting for someone to turn left through stopped traffic when I was rear ended by a Tahoe doing about 40 mph. Other driver got distracted by something and didn't see the traffic stopped in front of her. Her Tahoe bent the Spyder's frame and trunk completely around, into my back and it pinned me to the windshield and steering hand grips. After the initial shock I was able to pull myself out of the Spyder and walk away. Police and EMTs were stunned I was even able to stand after this. Bottom line is I'm okay. The Spyder design is the reason I am alive to write this. I saw her coming in my side mirror and stood up, wedging my thighs on the hand grips, as I braced for the impact. Sore and bruised, but alive. I'll be getting back on a Spyder once the insurance claim is done and body is healed from this.
    You are blessed. Thank GOD!! You are ok and i don't think you would have walked away on a two wheeler.

Spyder Garage

i think a 2 wheeler would have gone airborne.

Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

As others have said, very happy you came through this relatively uninjured. Hope you recover quickly and completely.

Gary
    States visited by Bike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How are you feeling today??
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I'm glad for the outcome. Heal up quick.

Spyder Garage

Default YIKES

Did your life flash before your eyes before impact? Mine did when I opened that picture.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default WOW

Wow, that is crazy scary!! Glad your ok. I wish people would pay attention when they drive. UGG!!

Spyder Garage

Chief
    Add my, glad you are okay to all the others. Mil training does tends to help in emergencys.
    Oldmanzues
    USAF SMSGT ret
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default GLAD YOUR O K !!!

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredCPO View Post
    First things first...I'm okay. Battered and bruised. Incredibly sore, but alive. Posted this on the Can AM Spyder FB page as well. If anyone wonders whether the Spyder is truly safer than a two wheel bike, I am living proof. Walked away from this yesterday. Released from the hospital after 8 hours with no broken bones or internal injuries. My 2014 RTS is totaled but I am alive this morning. Not sure how. I was at a dead stop waiting for someone to turn left through stopped traffic when I was rear ended by a Tahoe doing about 40 mph. Other driver got distracted by something and didn't see the traffic stopped in front of her. Her Tahoe bent the Spyder's frame and trunk completely around, into my back and it pinned me to the windshield and steering hand grips. After the initial shock I was able to pull myself out of the Spyder and walk away. Police and EMTs were stunned I was even able to stand after this. Bottom line is I'm okay. The Spyder design is the reason I am alive to write this. I saw her coming in my side mirror and stood up, wedging my thighs on the hand grips, as I braced for the impact. Sore and bruised, but alive. I'll be getting back on a Spyder once the insurance claim is done and body is healed from this.
    First off I am Glad you are alright, To me the Spyder is the ULTIMATE in Safety, I posted this at the beginning of this year, but I will again because I am so glad I own a spyder and am glad you do to , I was running around 70 MPH when I hit a large pothole , if I had been on a 2 wheeler I dont thing I would be Typing this , It cut the tire and I was able to hold the bike till it stopped, and rode it back home, 5 miles away , again So Glad your safe!!!!

Midnightbreeze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default I'm dumbstruck

that was one real smash.. so glad you are ok

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

That's crazy glad you are ok.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NautiBrit View Post
    As a member of our Spyder family, I'm very happy that you're OK. As a member of our armed forces, I'm very grateful for your service.
    Appreciate that. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you made it through ok Chief! If the woman who hit you was on the goddamed cell phone she should get jail time.
    2012 Spyder RS SM5 - Steel Black Metallic "The Murder"
    Southern Cruisers Riding Club - Chapter 072 - Northern Illinois
    Two Brothers M2 Pipe; TB Juice Box; Hartco Custom Saddle; Rivco Driver Floorboards; Rivco Heel Toe Shifter; ESI Highway Pegs & Brackets; ESI 4.5" Easy Riser Handlebar Risers; BajaRon Sway Bar; Cycle Sounds Series 3 200 Watt Sound System; 14" Touring Windshield; Custom Dynamics Mirror Extensions; Kuryakyn ISO Grips; Kuryakyn Throttle Boss; Kuryakyn End Weights; Frunk Liner.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwall View Post
    Glad to hear you made it through ok Chief! If the woman who hit you was on the goddamed cell phone she should get jail time.
    the smack up is done, i really hope you will be ok but i would want the individual responsible to pay. Jail time as a minimum,
    people call it an accident i never believe in an accident. It was either stupid or deliberate. Busy with cell phone, texting, masturbating, cigarette, child in the back or playing with the radio. Does the driver not know that all of these excuses can cause an accident. If it were not any of those excuses then perhaps it was deliberate, regardless someone could have died. I really hope the person who was behind the wheel of the tahoe goes to jail, that is the best way to keep her off the road.
    I have had people veer into me or try crossing the road & have come close, 1 time i actually had to kick someone's door when
    i was on my yamaha when they crossed over 2 lanes when they didn't know he didn't know he had a side mirror.
    STUPID KILLS.

Spyder Garage

Glad your ok. And your GUARDIAN ANGEL was hovering over you at the time..

Spyder Garage

Holly Crap

So happy to hear your OK for the most part and the spyder is definitely safer but think someone else was looking out for you also .

The bike can be replaced

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Spyder Garage

What are we going to do with u "odd number Chiefs"!!! Just glad u r OK Shipmate!
    RMCS(SS) ret