Thread: Avon Grips

Spyder Garage

Default Avon Grips

I was talking to an Avon Grip vendor during Thunder Beach, last weekend and called the company on Monday. They do have two metric grips but none to fit the Spyder. The Rep. told me they have been getting a lot of requests for grips that fit the Spyder and are developing grips now to get into the Spyder market. He said they should be out by next spring with both air cushion and gel filled. I tried both at the stand and after being broken in they are very comfortable. Both the stock and after market grips I have now hurt my hands after just a few miles in traffic and these should help my BDOHAF (Broken Down Old Hands And Fingers).
    Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PCBeachBum View Post
    I was talking to an Avon Grip vendor during Thunder Beach, last weekend and called the company on Monday. They do have two metric grips but none to fit the Spyder. The Rep. told me they have been getting a lot of requests for grips that fit the Spyder and are developing grips now to get into the Spyder market. He said they should be out by next spring with both air cushion and gel filled. I tried both at the stand and after being broken in they are very comfortable. Both the stock and after market grips I have now hurt my hands after just a few miles in traffic and these should help my BDOHAF (Broken Down Old Hands And Fingers).
    There is a product called Grip Puppies/Grip Buddies out there. A former SL vendor. They were around $20. They are foam and make the handgrips feel a little more full. I don't like them in winter as I do not feel the heat from the grips transfers through as well. You are in an area where you don't have to worry about that. Ooops! I see you have an RS--so no heated grips anyway.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Have you thought about or tried Grip Puppies? They're pretty cheep and the foam feels really nice. Plus, if you have heated grips, the heat goes thru with very little loss due to heat soak....
    Grandpa Pete
    Peter & Kim Pontinen
    2020 RTL Dark Marsala

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default GRIP PUPPIES

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa Pete View Post
    Have you thought about or tried Grip Puppies? They're pretty cheep and the foam feels really nice. Plus, if you have heated grips, the heat goes thru with very little loss due to heat soak....
    I have used Grip Puppies for many years, on many bikes, and love them. They do a great job of dampening vibration, and let the heated grips do their jobs.
    CapNCrunch
    : =)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    There is a product called Grip Puppies/Grip Buddies out there. A former SL vendor. They were around $20. They are foam and make the handgrips feel a little more full. I don't like them in winter as I do not feel the heat from the grips transfers through as well. You are in an area where you don't have to worry about that. Ooops! I see you have an RS--so no heated grips anyway.
    Thanks for the information about the Grip Puppies/Grip Buddies. I do have heated grips when the temps hit the mid to high 90's here in the summer and the Spyder is either in the enclosed trailer with vents open or out in the sun. Grabbing the grips can be if not wearing my summer riding gloves and will let them cool off with the ramp down and side doors open. After my first experience with the heat in the trailer, I now open one of the side doors in the morning to let more air in. I do have tools and tie down straps in there and in a Block Watch Neighborhood, its not worth an arrest or worse to mess with someone's property, when we see each other at the range.
    Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.