Spyder Garage

Default Freedom in Lawrenceville

I called yesterday to take my bike up for a shake and left a message. The lady (forgot her name) called back and left a message letting me know that Bo was no longer with them and they also do not have a Spyder tech and hoped I find someone to work on it. Guess the closest now for me is Conyers. Not good.

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear that for you.. Seems like a shake out in Spyder dealers.. they are either becoming very very good or getting out
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

With the addition of the new F3 line, it is going to get a bit more expensive for dealers to stock required product and the appropriate parts inventory to go with it. Add in shop requirements, and it gets to be pretty expensive.

I am guessing that dealers with marginal sales are going to reconsider whether or not to carry the line.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer..!!

don't know where the freedom comes in...were they holding you hostage..?? seems they are getting fewer and further apart...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I called yesterday to take my bike up for a shake and left a message. The lady (forgot her name) called back and left a message letting me know that Bo was no longer with them and they also do not have a Spyder tech and hoped I find someone to work on it. Guess the closest now for me is Conyers. Not good.

As you know the folks in Conyers had quite a shake up and most everyone has turned over.

I am impressed with Missy
    (Missy Schmeder <missy@mmsconyers.com>) their new service manager. She has surrounded herself with some good people including a fully accredited Spyder tech.

The only problem is their service appointment schedule is back logged. I need a new tire installed and it is about a 3 week wait.

On Saturdays they have a first come-first served deal in service and I think I will be on their doorstep with my Starbucks in hand at 9 am waiting in line for the 10 am opening.

Come on down and wait in line with me.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I went to Freedom in Lawrenceville, I didn't like the quality of the work. Then I went to down to Conyers they did a great job, but the tech that worked on my Spyder left, the tech that left Freedom went to Conyers. I just took my Spyder to Performance Powersports in Seneca, SC. on 9/29/14 and they said that they found the problem and ordered the part. I hope I get it soon I have a ride on the 10/18/14.

Below is my rant when mdblege lost his SPYDER DEALER:

Quote Originally Posted by mdblege View Post
    The Spyder dealer in Beaumont, TX is no more. Beaumont Tractor in Beaumont TX as of 28 September will no longer be a Spyder dealer, they dropped there contract, they will still handle the ATV and Side by sides.

So now I need to find a good servicing dealer any recommendations for Team Mancuso or Conroe Power Sports. They are the nearest dealers. I have used Lewis Power Sports, I got my laser alignment done there but they 250 miles away.

Any recommendations are appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    250 miles away is just a good excuse for a ride.

Cruzr Joe
    My rant:
    That's not funny! That can be the doom for the Spyders. If BRP was smart they would help the dealers that are having problems selling and/or servicing the Spyder. The selling end, give them Spyders at a better price, more local advertising. The servicing, BRP knows what repair parts are used most. Help them stock those parts and special tools they need. Service training by BRP training the guys or gals working on there products having the trainers come to the state or region. The BRP products are high tech machines that need trained people to maintain them and the parts to keep them on the road. I hear things like "well I can't ride, waiting for parts or They don't seem to know how to fix it", that can run into weeks and sometimes a month or more. That's IMHO.

Mike

Spyder Garage

Default I agree with your rant... here's mine

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    My rant:
    That's not funny! That can be the doom for the Spyders. If BRP was smart they would help the dealers that are having problems selling and/or servicing the Spyder. The selling end, give them Spyders at a better price, more local advertising. The servicing, BRP knows what repair parts are used most. Help them stock those parts and special tools they need. Service training by BRP training the guys or gals working on there products having the trainers come to the state or region. The BRP products are high tech machines that need trained people to maintain them and the parts to keep them on the road. I hear things like "well I can't ride, waiting for parts or They don't seem to know how to fix it", that can run into weeks and sometimes a month or more. That's IMHO.

Mike

Mike:

On our recent trip (1,800 miles to the coast, the long way round) we had some tire (broken belt) and check engine problems in Carteret County NC. I pulled up Rattigan Roger's updated dealer list and found nothing on the route we planned to travel for over 150 miles. I was surprised there was no dealer in Jacksonville, NC as that is a pretty good-size town.

There was a listing for a dealer in Lumberton, NC about a day's drive away so we called and told the service manager we were on our way. I asked two questions: Do you have tires in stock to fit the Spyder RT and do you have a certified Spyder tech?

We got there in mid afternoon and discovered it is a very large Yamaha dealer with a couple of Spyders in stock. One was a new '12 RT and the other a new '14. The service manager told me that it was the tech's day off but one of the Yammy techs could mount the new tires. As the kid was mounting them I asked about the missing tech and got a wishy-washy response so I'm not certain there is a certified tech.

The kid said he knew how to hook up the BUDS though and check out the problem. After a half hour of playing with the computer it was clear he didn't know what he was doing so I asked him to unplug it and we would be on our way.

The updated list showed me a dealer in Greenwood, SC about another day's ride west. We moteled in Laurinburg and headed for Greenwood the next day. We lost of lot of time as my wife's machine kept going in and out of limp mode but finally pulled into their parking lot to find the building empty. Apparently they went out of business earlier in the year.

Our choice was to chance a venture north to Greenville SC or head on home to Georgia as is wasn't that much farther. Thankfully we made it home.

As all of our Spyders age we are going to need more service assistance and I am prepared to pay a bit more for that kind of service. What I don't want to have is any more spoiled vacations.

Rick
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Mike:

On our recent trip (1,800 miles to the coast, the long way round) we had some tire (broken belt) and check engine problems in Carteret County NC. I pulled up Rattigan Roger's updated dealer list and found nothing on the route we planned to travel for over 150 miles. I was surprised there was no dealer in Jacksonville, NC as that is a pretty good-size town.

There was a listing for a dealer in Lumberton, NC about a day's drive away so we called and told the service manager we were on our way. I asked two questions: Do you have tires in stock to fit the Spyder RT and do you have a certified Spyder tech?

We got there in mid afternoon and discovered it is a very large Yamaha dealer with a couple of Spyders in stock. One was a new '12 RT and the other a new '14. The service manager told me that it was the tech's day off but one of the Yammy techs could mount the new tires. As the kid was mounting them I asked about the missing tech and got a wishy-washy response so I'm not certain there is a certified tech.

The kid said he knew how to hook up the BUDS though and check out the problem. After a half hour of playing with the computer it was clear he didn't know what he was doing so I asked him to unplug it and we would be on our way.

The updated list showed me a dealer in Greenwood, SC about another day's ride west. We moteled in Laurinburg and headed for Greenwood the next day. We lost of lot of time as my wife's machine kept going in and out of limp mode but finally pulled into their parking lot to find the building empty. Apparently they went out of business earlier in the year.

Our choice was to chance a venture north to Greenville SC or head on home to Georgia as is wasn't that much farther. Thankfully we made it home.

As all of our Spyders age we are going to need more service assistance and I am prepared to pay a bit more for that kind of service. What I don't want to have is any more spoiled vacations.

Rick
    I'm sorry to rear about your problems. That's why when I go more than 200 miles from home I trailer it and I have stay within 200 miles of my trailer. Because that all the towing insurance I have. Not the way I wanted to travel. None of the other trikes fit my disabilities. My Spyder has been at the dealer since Monday Sept. 29, 2014 for a bad sensor. The GM dealer I worked for as a mechanic in the 1968 had a big poster at read "A Vehicle is Only as Good as it's Parts and Service" . That's IMHO.

Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinGA View Post
    I went to Freedom in Lawrenceville, I didn't like the quality of the work. Then I went to down to Conyers they did a great job, but the tech that worked on my Spyder left, the tech that left Freedom went to Conyers. I just took my Spyder to Performance Powersports in Seneca, SC. on 9/29/14 and they said that they found the problem and ordered the part. I hope I get it soon I have a ride on the 10/18/14.

Below is my rant when mdblege lost his SPYDER DEALER:

My rant:

Mike
    I agree with all that. I'd also like to see BRP be a little more helpful to their smaller dealers and all the things mentioned would help. But, in my opinion, we customers also play a part. I really feel that we need to be loyal to our local dealers as much as we can. We complain about dealers that don't have certified techs to do our service but then we travel 1000 miles to save $500.00 on a new Spyder. How can we expect our local dealers to provide us with good service when we're spending our money 1,000 - 2,000 miles away. I can buy a Spyder much cheaper at Lewis Powersports in Greenville, Tx than I can locally in San Angelo, Texas, but I won't. I'll spend the extra money to help my local dealer remain a Spyder dealer. I do this so I can have a local dealer to go to but, also, so that Spyder riders passing through or near San Angelo, Texas will have a place to stop if they have trouble. Not saying I may not use Lewis Powersports' price to negotiate but I won't expect to buy one at their price.

I know that some will say that the local dealer should be happy to have the service business even if I buy somewhere else, but we all know that they won't remain Spyder dealers if all they have is service business. Kudos to the super good Can-Am dealers like PitBull in Springfield. They are obviously running their business in outstanding fashion. But it will be a sad day when they are the only Spyder dealer left in the country.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

Default Moutain Motorsports in Conyers

As you know the folks in Conyers had quite a shake up and most everyone has turned over.

(Missy Schmeder <missy@mmsconyers.com>) their new service manager. She has surrounded herself with some good people including a fully accredited Spyder tech.

The only problem is their service appointment schedule is back logged. I need a new tire installed and it is about a 3 week wait.

On Saturdays they have a first come-first served deal in service and I think I will be on their doorstep with my Starbucks in hand at 9 am waiting in line for the 10 am opening.

Midnightbreeze here, I to am impressed with the service I get at conyers, I bought my Spyder from Bloke, but he is gone now , I've been back a few times and the new personel are very nice and knowledgeable, One thing I'd suggest is getting there 1 1/2 hours early, I know its a long wait on Saturday but you'll be glad you did , I always do that and there's only been one time that I was not first in the door on a Saturday, Plus I like the new Spyder tech, He knows what he is doing !!! Midnightbreeze

Spyder Garage

We got ours {2014 rt-s} in gainesville motorsports but will be taking it to cartersville extreme propulsion to get service. So far the have been very helpfull with a seat stitching problem. They are a brp only dealer.

Spyder Garage

I would have, but we are out of town this weekend. Hope you got yours fixed.

Spyder Garage

It seems like the dealers that are ALL IN with the spyders do well. I would think if BRP made these a little bit easier to work on that would be a great help and a little less warranty work would be good. The 1330 is a good start. I know warranty work doesn't pay very well, but they sure charge enough for the rest of the work. JMO.
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons