Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default WATERPROOF Glove Suggestions

I would like suggestions for WATERPROOF gloves that anyone is using and are convinced that they are WATERPROOF. I purchased some water resistant gloves and was riding on the highway and I would say they worked reasonably well. We then were riding through Yellowstone in a pretty good rain at about 40 mph for almost 2 hrs, temps in the lower 40s and my hands got wet and cold. Suggestions would be appreciated. I'm looking for myself a Christmas present. Thanks, John

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hate to admit this...
    I just continue to wear my normal gloves, and add one of those cheap sets of poly outer-gloves over the top of them...
    Cheap, effective, and they dry quickly for storage.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Thinks out loud
    Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Then you better write to thee North Pole

Actually Santa does ryde a Spyder though, so he likely stays in touch here too. ;-)

I wear a long gauntlet style of gloves that are also insulated with thinsulate.

Was caught in the rain last evening on my way home, and the only thing wet was my ego.

You can often spray a product like the ones 3M make, or a Scotch Guard, to help make your regular gear very water resistant. But water proof, you may like to search for some breathable material like Gortex fibre. There are several reputable makers out there today. I usually go into an outdoor outfitter or hunting supply store like Cabellas. Just to shop around. Seeing the new...
    Bike shops too. ;-) we have our own glove makers up here so, can't really refer a brand name that you can find.
    Ah, try any of your nearest sporting good retailers who carry UnderArmour products too.

Chas

Spyder Garage

Default for truly waterpoof gloves - try 3mm to 5mm SCUBA gloves

I used to SCUBA a lot and for my drysuit I have some replaceable neoprene gloves that were about 5mm in thickness. stretchable, and truly waterproof fingers and wrist seal.

Something like this...
    http://www.scuba.com/US/scuba-gear-2...FSRp7AodJlsAjw
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default The name says it!

Look up Seal Skins gloves you won't be disappointed.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default If not too cold out

You could also use water or snow ski gloves too. ;-)
    Gives you a dual purpose pair.

Just as long as they do not interfere with your regular hand functionality of controls.

Chas

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

For cold and wet try Head snowmobile gloves available at Costco. I love mine
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I did similar after my "dousing" in a 3 hour Noahs Flood type of rainstorm. We were very happy to find a coffee hut with a wood fire going in the lounge. We took almost two hours to drink a couple cups of hot chocolate.

We bought snowmobile waterproof gloves from our Can Am dealer when we got back from that trip.

Nothing is worse than getting soaked through to the skin. Fortunately, the First Gear textiles were working well.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I found some fisherman's gloves (neoprene) at Wal-mart that worked well. The snowmobile suggestion was a good one too, if you are like me it will come down to the best thing available in your area.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lyonsden View Post
    I would like suggestions for WATERPROOF gloves that anyone is using and are convinced that they are WATERPROOF. I purchased some water resistant gloves and was riding on the highway and I would say they worked reasonably well. We then were riding through Yellowstone in a pretty good rain at about 40 mph for almost 2 hrs, temps in the lower 40s and my hands got wet and cold. Suggestions would be appreciated. I'm looking for myself a Christmas present. Thanks, John
    http://www.compacc.com/p/sliders-col...ce=Emailvision

Spyder Garage

The only thing that I find that works are to put on some black latex/neopene gloves over your gloves. The palms don't last very long though.

Spyder Garage

I use these here in New Zealand, Im sold on them, everything they claim to be works for me.

http://www.rain-off.com/Buy_Products.php
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wear glove covers, which are totally waterproof but reasonably thin vinyl.. That way I can wear them over summer glove, mid weather gloves or winter gloves as the occasion arise and protect all the gloves, be comfortable and be waterproof.. My dealer turned me on to these.. I love them.. they come in orange and black

Spyder Garage

I use the Rev'it X-Trafit gloves. These motorcycle gloves are truly waterproof and do not have an inner liner that pulls out with damp hands. The only down side is the cost.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default gloves

Some times living up north has it's advantages. I use an insulated WATER PROOF glove made by ICEARMOUR, They are used for ice fishing. They claim you can put glove into ice cold water and hands stay dry. I use them all the time in cool to way below freezing temps heavy rain etc. Hands stay dry and warm I purchased mine at FLEETFARM here in Minnesota.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    I found some fisherman's gloves (neoprene) at Wal-mart that worked well. The snowmobile suggestion was a good one too, if you are like me it will come down to the best thing available in your area.
    The ice-fishing gloves from Wal-Mart fit over my summer-weight gloves. It's an inexpensive way to go until you find just the right "proper" gloves.

Spyder Garage

we wear whatever gloves we are riding in (temp dependent, of course). Then have Aerostich' lobster over-gloves for heavy rain. Dry, warm, comfy. Been doing this for years. Happy campers!
    08 RS/SM5 (Hers) (sold)
    15 RT-S (Mine)
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Spyder Garage

http://www.aerostich.com/clothing/gl...n-glove-covers
    I use these, they fit over any weight glove and work very well. Plus they look geeky cool also, mine are bright orange
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

try checking Olympia gloves. Water/wind proof and reasonably priced

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Snowmobiling in Vegas
    That I got to see

Spyder Garage

Default Rain-off Gloves

I use Rain-Off gloves as it means I can just put them over my summer or winter motorbike gloves. They actually keep your hands warmer as well, often use my summer gloves with these in winter as that gives me better feel than just having my winter gloves on. Having tried out many different options over the years and these the most affective + I've not had any issue with the feel of controls unlike a couple of other makes of over gloves I've had in the past. I use the 2 finger ones but they have one finger ones as well - that sounds wrong but you'll get the idea:-)

New Zealand product but there are stockists in Australia, US and UK.

http://www.rain-off.com/shopping/pgm-more_information.php?id=2&=SID

I'm guessing the prices are in New Zealand dollars on their site.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    http://www.aerostich.com/clothing/gl...n-glove-covers
    I use these, they fit over any weight glove and work very well. Plus they look geeky cool also, mine are bright orange

+1. Have had these for years, along with frog toggs for over the boots. I have literally ridden through hurricanes and a major nor'easter and stayed mostly dry.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I use regular medical inspection gloves... CHEAP & COMPLETELY WATERPROOF.. disposable too.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone for lots of great suggestions. Now if I can just decide which ones to try. Thanks again!