Thread: 1330 ST??

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 1330 ST??

O.K., here's the deal. My wife had test drove a 2014 RT and loved the 1330 engine/tranny combo but liked the ST's outline better. After not seeing what she wanted on what the 2015 line, she asked me if it would be possible to take a 1330 RT and change the rear end for one from an ST. I realize that the frames are different, but can you change (modify) the tupperware? Or something else (besides waiting for 2016/17).

Any thoughts or wild ideas??

Gary

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The ST front end is also much smaller and the seat height is about 1-1/2" lower the RT and ST do share the same frame maybe she should wait and check out the new F3? good luck on your shopping adventure

Spyder Garage

Short answer ..............................NO

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Short answer ..............................NO

Cruzr Joe
    not what I want to hear.....Grrrrrrr....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chuck gross View Post
    The ST front end is also much smaller and the seat height is about 1-1/2" lower the RT and ST do share the same frame maybe she should wait and check out the new F3? good luck on your shopping adventure
    Think you misunderstood original post... Don't like F3....Could rear end of 2014 RT, with 1330 engine, be modified to resemble rear end of ST?

Spyder Garage

Default Well..!!

anything is possible but not cost effective. It would be very tricky with a lot of custom modification to get that combo done. Maybe next year they will add the 1330 ACE engine to the ST and your problem will be solved...but thats a year and a shot in the dark... how about a used ST to tide you over..??
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    anything is possible but not cost effective. It would be very tricky with a lot of custom modification to get that combo done. Maybe next year they will add the 1330 ACE engine to the ST and your problem will be solved...but thats a year and a shot in the dark... how about a used ST to tide you over..??
    x 2. Mods such as proposed, could make you end up with a machine that does not work very well. Also not cost effective. A used ST might be the way to go if you can't tough it out. I would still suggest a look see and a test ride on an F3--you might be pleasantly surprised.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

With all due respect,gentlemen, IMHO, my two John Deere lawn tractors have better lines than the F3?

Spyder Garage

Points and counterpoints are what make the world go around.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red