Spyder Garage

Default Lazer Align & Rear Tire Replacement

Replaced my rear tire last week, does that mean I should get another lazer aligment? Not clear if the removal and reinstall process could effect alignment?

Spyder Garage

If the rear tire was installed exactly in the same relationship to the front tires then you would not have to. I have had my rear tire off three times, each time when I checked it afterwards the alignment was off, not by much. I readjust mine any time something is done that potentially changes how the rear tire sets in the swingarm. Other folks will tell you it does not need to be done, but remember the ROLO alignment is done based off the rear wheel, so if the rear wheel position changes, so does your alignment.

An easy check would be to find a flat straight piece of road and see if the bike runs straight by itself. Obviously if it does, you need to get it realigned.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Default Tough one..!!

you will more that likely be off some. If done right not much but if you want to make sure have it checked. If your ok most laser folks won't charge you if no adjustment is needed...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Yep, when in doubt find a laser align person that only charges if it needs the alignment i.e. the free check....
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER