Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default :/

Wow - I'm confused !!!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spidergirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The minute we find out, we will be booking. I am sooooo excited this is being put on again. For me it is all about the people I meet.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    I am not on Spyderquest committee, but I have been to Spyderfest.

In 2013 they had group rides, plus what I mentioned below.

2014 Spyderfest if people wanted to going riding on their own they could, they also had a place for the vendors,( which was inside) so we could get our spyders worked on ( or farkled).

Plus BRP was there, they had a tracker trailer?? and they sold clothing and accessories, and they had demo rides of the 14RT's, they had a very large movie screen, saw a movie, and a light show( spyders with lights) , light show, prizes for the people, Food, plus we stopped @ Pitbulls to visit and buy things. They also had 1 or 2 host hotels. 1 of the hotels they had farewell party. ( Friday night)

Mogang or Lamont, or Lenny I don't want to be stepping on your shoes. Deanna
    I agree with Deanna (even though she types so tiny)!!!! There is no reason BRP should NOT be there. It's just "down the road" for them - not half way across the country. There is no event in the Northeast or Central Atlantic region that BRP attends, as far as I know. Spyderquest would be perfect for them. Their presence would also attract other venders. There are also no other vender attended event in the NE or Central Atlantic that I know of.

But, that said, if you are going to attract BRP and additional venders, then you MUST open the event up for more than 200 registrants. I understand about the rides filling up. When the rides are full, they are full. That's a safety and manpower issue - no problem. But folks should still be able to come and enjoy other events, meet other Spyder owners, and shop with the venders.

Another thing that the committee might want to consider are workshops - sponsored and conducted by venders and local dealers. That will also attract additional owners for the venders. While some people go on rides, others will want to attend the workshops.

That's my 2 cents worth of advice. (Well, it may be more like 6 cents worth. Sorry.)
    Last edited by robmorg; 10-07-2014 at 07:28 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spidergirl View Post
    The minute we find out, we will be booking. I am sooooo excited this is being put on again. For me it is all about the people I meet.

Thanks so much ! We worked really hard and it's nice to hear that people had fun and want to come back.

Spyder Garage

Just to clear up a little confusion here. There was no limit on the number of people that could register, in fact we had 261 people. The on limit was up until when you could register, this was because of the lead time to get the T-Shirts made. You could come and go to the vendors that were there even if you were not registered. We are not stopping any vendor or manufacture from coming. We would like more to come. Again it's an economic decision on the vendors part.

2016 F3 Limited Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Default Location?

Hiii,
    Newer Spyder rider here, is that Lake George up in New York? Specific location, please?

Thanks
    Vossr
    Sage Monkey
    MSgt, USAF ret

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Vossr View Post
    Hiii,
    Newer Spyder rider here, is that Lake George up in New York? Specific location, please?

Thanks
    Lake George, New York. North of Albany along route 87.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Hiii,

Thanks
    .......Do you need the Lat. and Long. or just the GPS co-ordinates or what................Lake George NY is pretty specific ..............your welcome , Mike

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

We just spent 2 days at Lake George last month on our New England trip. That is an awesome place!! Count us in!!

Spyder Garage

I'd be happy to volunteer to help. I live in NH but I'm great at organizing, could help contact vendors, etc...

We will definitely be back next year - this time with our Spyder and Indian Scout. We have decided to keep our Spyder one more season then make a change to another Spyder, Harley Trike, slingshot, ...or ?

We had a great time even without our Spyder - great people and a lot of fun.

Nicole & Jake
    2013 RS-S Neutron Green/Black, Shark RSR2 helmet, Shark Evoline 3 helmet, Sena SMH20, Corbin Seat, Wheelchair Rack, TricLED fender lights, TricLed Underglow kit (green), Trunk Liner, STL Handlebars, Web Boards Driver Floorboards, backrest, BRP Saddlebags, ISCI Handbrake

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Nicole!
    You might want to "Officially" PM rnet about this...
    And since organizing our Group is akin to herding cats at night in a driving rain; thanks! We NEED you!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Hiii,

Thanks
    Welcome! See you are new to forum and from TX... so may not be familiar with the area. It is in NY and a great riding locale. Also home to Americade should you be familiar.
    2012 RT-SE5

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hiii,

Thanks
    This will help you find it!
    http://www.mapquest.com/us/ny/lake-george

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Vossr;886413]Hiii,

Thanks[/QUOTin Lake George is in New York. Map quest Lake George New York. It is near Lake Placid( they have the Olympic ski /and bob sled center. They had the 1980 Olympics there. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    I agree with Deanna (even though she types so tiny)!!!! There is no reason BRP should NOT be there. It's just "down the road" for them - not half way across the country. There is no event in the Northeast or Central Atlantic region that BRP attends, as far as I know. Spyderquest would be perfect for them. Their presence would also attract other venders. There are also no other vender attended event in the NE or Central Atlantic that I know of.

But, that said, if you are going to attract BRP and additional venders, then you MUST open the event up for more than 200 registrants. I understand about the rides filling up. When the rides are full, they are full. That's a safety and manpower issue - no problem. But folks should still be able to come and enjoy other events, meet other Spyder owners, and shop with the venders.

Another thing that the committee might want to consider are workshops - sponsored and conducted by venders and local dealers. That will also attract additional owners for the venders. While some people go on rides, others will want to attend the workshops.

That's my 2 cents worth of advice. (Well, it may be more like 6 cents worth. Sorry.)
    as I was typing the above I was using Font # 2. Sent pm . Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kawakii View Post
    I'd be happy to volunteer to help. I live in NH but I'm great at organizing, could help contact vendors, etc...

We will definitely be back next year - this time with our Spyder and Indian Scout. We have decided to keep our Spyder one more season then make a change to another Spyder, Harley Trike, slingshot, ...or ?

We had a great time even without our Spyder - great people and a lot of fun.

Nicole & Jake
    actually nicole, I will be doing the vendor/sponsor detail again this year for the third year in a row. pm me, please. I need all the help I can get!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nope... I'm NOT going to say it...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Nope... I'm NOT going to say it...
    i left you the opening-----!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...And I deferred.

I couldn't say that about you, anyway!

Spyder Garage

Headed to Lake George this am. Some will know what this is all about.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Let us know what you learn; Good Luck!!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Yes, I'm actually on spyderlovers lol!! Bruiser normally keeps me informed on the "goings on", but I was just checking to see if the dates had been determined yet for Spyderquest. We are planning to attend again in 2015 and want to make sure we have our reservations confirmed.

Yo - anyone on the committee have any info to share?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruisersbaby View Post
    Yes, I'm actually on spyderlovers lol!! Bruiser normally keeps me informed on the "goings on", but I was just checking to see if the dates had been determined yet for Spyderquest. We are planning to attend again in 2015 and want to make sure we have our reservations confirmed.

Yo - anyone on the committee have any info to share?
    Soon, waiting for a few more details. Thanks Ron
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, we'll probably be there. Staying at the Comfort Suites. But damn if I'm buying a new Spyder again.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Default Count Us In!!

We (Val & Dwight) will definitely be back next year. Met lots of folks & made new friends. This was Val's first event & she loved it. Even riding in the rain on Saturday, she was game to go for it. Dinner cruise was great - AWESOME sunset. Food was lousy. I know that the committee is working on that (even they thought it was lousy). Maybe a seafood offering for those of us who are not carnivores? AND..wait for it...maybe theClown Car.gif will be back!! Looking forward to SpyderQuest 2015!!
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic