Thread: SENA Questions

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default SENA Questions

A couple of questions;

1. I read somewhere (can't find thread) that you should turn off the speakers to avoid an echo sound? I haven't found a way to do that.

2. The customer help service for SENA?

J. D.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

OK dumb question.... Which speakers, the ones on the bike? if so, just turn the volume down
    or check with SENA at www.senabluetooth.com

Quote Originally Posted by TexasSpyder View Post
    A couple of questions;

1. I read somewhere (can't find thread) that you should turn off the speakers to avoid an echo sound? I haven't found a way to do that.

2. The customer help service for SENA?

J. D.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    OK dumb question.... Which speakers, the ones on the bike? if so, just turn the volume down
    So the volume on the BRP radio doesn't effect the volume of the SENA unit? Got everything installed today, my package was delivered on Saturday like they said.

J. D.

Spyder Garage

Go into the audio settings on the bike, there is a setting to disable the speakers.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TexasSpyder View Post
    So the volume on the BRP radio doesn't effect the volume of the SENA unit? Got everything installed today, my package was delivered on Saturday like they said.

J. D.
    Yes it does, turn down the volume of the radio and you'll hear nothing from the headset.

The trick as mentioned above is to turn off the "external speakers" under Audio from the preferences menu.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ottawa-rider View Post
    Yes it does, turn down the volume of the radio and you'll hear nothing from the headset.

The trick as mentioned above is to turn off the "external speakers" under Audio from the preferences menu.
    That is not correct until you hold the volume down which mutes all audio. Volume of speakers does not change input volume to the sm-10. But as I said holding volume down on the left grip mutes the radio and thus BT input.

There is a radio setting to turn off the speakers but I just turn the volume of the speakers down so I don't hear the delay in the headset (speaker volume is so low you cannot hear them over the headset.)

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

You can listen to the radio through your Sena Bluetooth headset? I did not know that, guess I should play around with the settings a little more.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    That is not correct until you hold the volume down which mutes all audio. Volume of speakers does not change input volume to the sm-10. But as I said holding volume down on the left grip mutes the radio and thus BT input.

There is a radio setting to turn off the speakers but I just turn the volume of the speakers down so I don't hear the delay in the headset (speaker volume is so low you cannot hear them over the headset.)

Bob
    Muting the radio does not mute all audio there is one exception. That is the GPS connected to the radio. That will come through muted or not.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Supernam View Post
    You can listen to the radio through your Sena Bluetooth headset? I did not know that, guess I should play around with the settings a little more.
    After installing the optional BT Dongle.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

You can also listen to your iPod or MP3 player through Sena head sets. Radio & iPod/MP3 must be paired up. The manual are very confusing. Call Sena @ 866-300-1235, they will have you set up in about 10 minutes. Once paired, you are good to go.

Edit: Yes, you must have the Sena Bluetooth Dongle.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

You need the Bluetooth Dongle for that, a.k.a. the Sena SM10.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

I had my setup installed about 2 weeks ago. I turn the volume down to a point where you can't hear it, but it comes through the Sena without any problems. If you have your Iphone/Ipod or MP3 hooked up through the trunk, it will come through the radio and the Dongle to your headset. Once the Dongle is on, anything that would normally come through the radio is piped to your headset. I had my Dongle installed in the glove box using Velcro. Makes it so much easier to turn on/off or even remove. Don't have to go through the Frunk. Didn't turn on the XM yet. Riding season here in Nebraska is almost over, so I'm saving the trail period for the beginning of riding season early spring. But I use it for all other radio options....really great!!!