Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Ok it's my turn to rant!

So here is sit at week two this time, with no Spyder to ride. The end of August I took my 2013 Rt-S in for an oil change and the 12,000 mile service. I only got the service done because I had a pre-paid maintenance plan. This was the last one. So much to my sorrow I had it done. They took 7 days to get it done. I get it back and it's leaking oil like a seive. So back we go! They have it another week and admitted that they must have pinched a gasket. I get it back. it seems to be ok, and bingo it starts leaking again! I call the dealership and the service manager says "it must be the way you ride it"! I say what? And tell him it did not drip a drop of oil until you guys had it. So I run it up the road to another dealer. This dealer takes one look at it and this is no Bueno. I leave it and two days later they call and say the past dealer not only did not put in new seals they left off a bunch off casters under the Tupperware. So a BRP Dealer is going to cost me about $1200 to fix their screw up. I do plan to go to the dealer to try to get my Money back and notify BRP about this. I will keep you all posted and once I find out how this past dealership is going to handle it I will let you know who they are. But if you are in the San Diego area be very careful who you let work on your Spyder. PM me and will let you know who it is but I will refrain from publicly blasting them pending how they handle this. Whew ok I am done!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you feel any better?
    I'm sorry to hear that you got hookd by the wrong dealer.
    I think that they do more to hurt sales, than anything or anybody else.
    Take the bill back to the first bunch of , and tell them to write you a check.
    Please let us know how this all ends-up; good luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Ouch! Another dealer from Heck! Seven days to do an oil change...now that is some real customer service.

Failure to change or put gaskets in correctly, damaging Tupperware in the process...that shows some real mechanical competency.

Like Bob suggested: try to get your money back, and by all means report them to BRP.

My dealer screwed up on my last valve job-- the mechanic failed to put new gaskets in and the bike started to leak like a sieve. They repaired it no questions asked and the $800 labor for the teardown was on them the second time around.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default no Bueno indeed

Did the mech try to explain how your riding style caused a leak. That's the most boneheaded statement I have ever heard from a "Service" guy.
    good luck n getting a resolution.
    2014 Pearl white RTS

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks Bob

I plan to return to original dealer as well as BRP with the final bill, to see if they will own up to it. I suspect they won't but one can hope. I may picket the deal ship if they don't. Stand on the public sidewalk on Saturday afternoon with a sign that says don't buy here it may cost $1200 in unplanned maintenance! But yes I feel a little better. It would feel better to have my knees in the breeze.

Spyder Garage

A dealer who claims an oil leak is caused by "the way you ride it" must be a Congressman in training, and is working on his lying skills . . .

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Default Yep

Once he said that my riding caused the leak I knew I needed to find another dealer. The current place Escondido Cycle Center has been great. They call every other day and give me an update. They also found another mechanical issue with the potential failure of the clutch and told me about! They are fixing that under warranty.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well; at least we can be a little bit happy, that the new dealer seems to be a winner!
    Be careful about the entire "sign" thing; if they say that you're trespassing, they might be able to call the Cops...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Protest

I would only stand on the public sidewalk and not block the driveway. I think public protest is still lawful in America, so far.

Spyder Garage

The chances of them giving you a dime back is zilch......Was this maintenance plan only with that specific dealer?
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Default Plan

Yes, but regardless this dealer should not be selling or servicing SPyders. I realize I am probably out the money but I may do the small claims route and call everyone at the dearlship that I talked to into court via subpoenas. I saw a car dealer settle quickly when this was done.

Spyder Garage

I guess i should have said willingly-) i sure hope you can recoup something/ good luck!
    Rewaco RF-1 GT

Inline 4 cylinder Ford Zetec with multi-port fuel inject, 140 HP
    0-60mph: 5.8 seconds
    5 speed sync manual with reverse, mechanical dry clutch.
    Front suspension: Trapezoidal fork with center spring
    Rear suspension: Independent with Bilstein gas shock absorbers
    Brake System: Grimeca calipers, linked ventilated discs, with booster
    10.57 gallons

Spyder Garage

Default Claim

Quote Originally Posted by Well Hell View Post
    Yes, but regardless this dealer should not be selling or servicing SPyders. I realize I am probably out the money but I may do the small claims route and call everyone at the dearlship that I talked to into court via subpoenas. I saw a car dealer settle quickly when this was done.
    I am not an attorney but my suggestion is if you do not get satisfaction from the first dealer or BRP, Small Claims Court in CA you can sue up to $10,000.00. Just make sure that you have the second dealer put in writing the problems the fist dealer caused. Make sure you have the name of the person you contacted in regards to reimbursing you. I hope it does not need to come to this.

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

that is a real bummer.....wishing you satisfactory outcome

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a Judge Judy case.

I despise dishonest mechanics and dealers. Good luck with your "case".

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

This has to be the most dealer sensitive product in the world
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Clear case of a dealer that can sell but has no clue about the product it self.

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer..!!

sure hope you get some satisfaction from dealer one...Escondido is good so I hear so they should have you back on the road. Wonder if they could confirm the shoddy work so when you speak to brp you have some back up..hope to see you on our next ryde...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Yeah not riding is killing us. The current place is saying next week . Hope to see all of my San Diego riding buddies soon!

Spyder Garage

wow, a total horror story.
    was this one of those sell everything type dealers ( spyders, atvs, mowers, tons of used bikes, boats, etc )?

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Default Mega Dealer

Yeah they sell all of the major brands except HD and BMW along with all the sea craft and off road things the brands make and of I think I can get generators there too! To bad they don't have a knowledgeable maintenance staff.

Spyder Garage

Yeah they sell all of the major brands except HD and BMW along with all the sea craft and off road things the brands make and of I think I can get generators there too! To bad they don't have a knowledgeable maintenance staff.

sell everything, service nothing !!

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

The small claims court will probably be your ultimate answer. Did it myself many years ago but didn't get settlement until years later when the property was being sold and would not go through until claim was settled. Good luck. I seem to read about way to many dealer problems, of one sort or another. Berhaps our society is just not as caring as days gone by

Dennis

Spyder Garage

Once he said that my riding caused the leak I knew I needed to find another dealer. The current place Escondido Cycle Center has been great. They call every other day and give me an update. They also found another mechanical issue with the potential failure of the clutch and told me about! They are fixing that under warranty.
    That is who built my 2011 RTS and it has been great! So props to them for a great assembly job!
    If I lived closer to them I would use them for my dealer.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default Thumbs up

Yeah Bob based upon how they are handling this they will be my dealer of choice for warranty work!