Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Nice try, but I don't think your assumptions will hold water. I have been a systems analyst, though we wouldn't know about how the Spyder systems work without having the algorithms to see, or commentary from the system developers.

In a system you have 2 costs: storage and processing. When storage costs more than processing, you recalculate whenever you need to. When processing is more expensive you use storage and retrieve as needed. Your speculation about the system recalculating mileage each time you turn on your Spyder heavily uses both storage and processing - keeping lots of mileage numbers and adding them up every time you turn on the key. It's also overly complex, when all the system really has to do is store three numbers: the last odometer reading, and the Trip A and Trip B totals. (Even though the odometer doesn't display tenths of miles, the system has to keep track of it to know when to incrementally increase the display.) No processing is needed except to retrieve those three pieces of data and put them in the appropriate area of the display.

As to prioritization of the ongoing addition of miles to the trip counters and odometer, I doubt that is necessary. The same input (not sure of this, but maybe number of rotations of the rear tire) go into a trigger to advance the three data fields. and a simple "add .1 mile" isn't that complex of a process. In fact, the same .1 mile increment probably goes into the odometer total, but it doesn't display an increase until it occurs 10 times.
    it probably stores wheel revolution counts. That would be the most granular data available. It is trivial to calculate miles or kilometers from that. What could account for the differences between the reported measurements could be rounding of the result verses truncating the results into whole numbers. I might suggest re-measuring the variance after a non-stop Ryde of 100 miles.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

Does it really matter? Or are some of us simply a bit anal-retentive?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kep-up View Post
    Does it really matter? Or are some of us simply a bit anal-retentive?
    I am not a little bit anal.

NO NOT A BIT!

I am a whole lot anal. 💀💩
    Sorry
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Wow¿ dont know got me wondering, my trip meters seem to match my odometer & my respective tank milage, oddly enough I've racked up 8181miles in only 142days of ownership! Casual riding ,only one big trip 925m round trip, the rest is me just going out for daily ride. Hope there is no error!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Now od is @ 11494 had recall service done today fuse box water seal (warranty) and chat with tech mentioned good point about we dont relies how much "slippage" happens when you hit a bump or pothole & it adds up quick. Especially if its on same street as your house! Air pressures can change the diameter of the tire enough to add extra kick to the math. Can't be to precise and comfort of rubber tires.
    Relax like a biker and be glad your machine is working , enjoy the air[emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default FWIW (not much)

About 1972 Suzuki was found culpable of making their odometers "read fast". I do not recall for sure but I think the speedo was fast also. As already noted, this shortens the warranty period. Suzuki received a fine.
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.