Spyder Garage

Default Oh no Second time it happened

I have a 2012 RT and for the second time when I started out from a stop and was turning right it felt like it died for a second. Is this a problem with the throttle body?
    2012 RT SE Viper Red
    BRP Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Stainless Grills, IPS, Utopia backrest, Original Grip Buddies, Shorty antenna, Spyderpops radiator block off, cat shield and Bump Skid, Street Magic Magicflex channelz, Chrome Mirror covers, LED turn indicators on Mirrors, LED rear cargo light, Top rear Break Light Seal Style Floor Boards, Day Runner Lights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydercoach View Post
    I have a 2012 RT and for the second time when I started out from a stop and was turning right it felt like it died for a second. Is this a problem with the throttle body?
    Nanny?
    2 happy happy spyders

Spyder Garage

I had the same thing happen with the 13 I had. It seemed to hesitate when turning sharply and getting back on the throttle. It was the nanny.

Spyder Garage

Default Depends..!

if your getting on it coming out of a turn the nanny (computer) will retard the ignition timing (sputters seem like it dies) to keep you safe. If you come into a turn to fast and make a sharp turn the nanny will put on the brakes for you. Again to keep you safe. If this is not the case and you are slowly ryding around there may be another issue but need more information. Could be vaccum line fuel filter bad gas etc...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    if your getting on it coming out of a turn the nanny (computer) will retard the ignition timing (sputters seem like it dies) to keep you safe. If you come into a turn to fast and make a sharp turn the nanny will put on the brakes for you. Again to keep you safe. If this is not the case and you are slowly ryding around there may be another issue but need more information. Could be vaccum line fuel filter bad gas etc...
    Thanks, Both times I was kind of getting on it Hope its Nanny Have never had the slightest problem and just love my SPYDER
    2012 RT SE Viper Red
    BRP Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Stainless Grills, IPS, Utopia backrest, Original Grip Buddies, Shorty antenna, Spyderpops radiator block off, cat shield and Bump Skid, Street Magic Magicflex channelz, Chrome Mirror covers, LED turn indicators on Mirrors, LED rear cargo light, Top rear Break Light Seal Style Floor Boards, Day Runner Lights