Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default the best sounding exhaust ???

I know there is alot of talk on here about aftermarket pipes but i would
    like to take a poll on it.
    well anyway i have a 2013 rs and love it BUT i would like to change the sound to
    something not so hush hush. I am 56 years young and still like the sound of power.
    we all no that it is all in what you like yourself but what is the best sounding system out there
    that is not LOUD but has that good deep tone to it. something you are not sick of at the
    end of the day.

Spyder Garage

Default best sounding exhaust?

mine. Yoshimura rs3. sounds very bad-a$$. probably a little louder than most people would like. my 08 has no cat so it's full blast.
    i would look at the hmf. looks good ,great sound, great price too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by coz; 10-01-2014 at 05:24 PM.
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

Dual Two Bros has a nice deep rumble.

You can tone down the loudness by adding silencer cones.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

HMF or try using the Cat Delete with your Stock Muffler

http://hmfracing.com/shop/pipes/can-am/spyder-rs/2013
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Spyder Garage

I researched a lot before I bought my two brothers single. I have the p1x silencer tip and it is perfect for me. Nice throaty sound but no drone.. I'm 44 and get a headache from the loud stuff after 30 mins or so of riding.

Spyder Garage

So many exhaust choices out there , heard the HMF pipe and I bought one. I still have my cat on and it's got a very nice rumble and I'm sure with the cat off gonna be little louder.

Also got the all black pipe with the euro black cap and a K&N air filter shipped for under $300

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Spyder Garage

I have a 2013 RS and I bought an HMF and love it! It has a nice deep tone that sounds great at idle or full throttle. The best part is it's not a super loud pipe and it is by far the best bang for the buck. I have about 4000 miles on mine (including Ohio winter riding) and it still looks like the day I bought it.

Spyder Garage

I have a hmf on my 13rs. Sounds nice easy installation. No matter what u put on with the cat it will cut the noise down

Spyder Garage

Also remember what ever one you pick in most cases is more then half the weight or more then the stock. That stock muffler Is really heavy

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Spyder Garage

Default Depends..!

I have the hindle and love it. You can go to you tube and listen to the many out there. The more compition the more likely you will have to add fuel control. I have JT's air cleaner with a K&N and no controler. Happy hunting...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default muffler

I have the mbrp murderer slip on ......holy crap! !!!!!! This thing is loud I'm afraid to leave my garage in the morning ...waiting for my neighbor to shoot me lol

Spyder Garage

Default Dual Exhaust Custom

I have a custom dual exhaust made in Texas, that Flamingobabe had on her 09 GS that was given to me. I love the sound and it will blow your hat off if stand behind it.

Spyder Garage

...over the years I've put on enough aftermarket exhausts to probably pay for a bike or two. I recently bought a highly modified '10 RS with about every mod known to man, except it had the stock pipe. I struggled )with what to put on the bike. Prior to the change, I had a very loud intake sound (K&N), but I could hear no exhaust note. I ended up putting on the 2-Brothers Black carbon fiber dual exhaust, mainly because I wanted it to be loud. Loud was an understatement! I loved the sound, but even with a helmet and ear plugs, it was borderline too loud, so I ordered a pair of p1x power cones. I kept them on for about 25 miles and although they did tone it down quite a bit, the whole set-up lost that "edge", especially at idle. I took them off and after adding a set of Can-Am bags, it really deflected enough sound. Now it sounds like a cross between a big-block Chevy and a Top Fuel Dragster. I've done a couple of sound bites, but they don't come off anywhere near sounding like they do in person. I'm expecting a lot of the youtube clips are the same. Exhausts are probably one of the more "subjective" things in cycling. Get what appeals to you, and hopefully you'll get the right one the first time around...

Spyder Garage

Two Brothers works nicely on RSS 2011
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default VooDoo dual exhaust

I just installed the titled exhaust about a month ago and love it.! It brings the 998 to life IMO. I have a 2014 RSS and the fitment is great and have had no issues. The only minor problem I have is the black coating is burning off near the header, no biggie for me but, just FYI. Also, much cheaper than anything else I've seen out there. I paid $500ish. I wanted a sound in between a Harley and a crotch rocket if thats possible, and thats what I got. Hope this helps.

Spyder Garage

In my sig. I've got the P1X silencer tip in mine also................................still a bit on the loud side for my tastes.

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post
    In my sig. I've got the P1X silencer tip in mine also................................still a bit on the loud side for my tastes.
    Any issues with that p1x melting on the edges?

Spyder Garage

Default Exhausts

I've had my share of aftermarket exhausts, went through the Hindle then to the Voodoo Shorty, by far the loudest exhaust on the market for the Spyder, Two Brothers is a joke running next to the Voodoo, the HMF is very cheap and sounds great, I guess it all depends on what you're looking for in a pipe, these bikes are very hard on mufflets, especially the ones that are riveted together, that was the main reason I went with the Voodoo Shorty, now I'm on my second Spyder and skipped the loud exhaust and walked into a demo Akrapovic Sport exhaust, sounds great with the CAT delete and I can still hear my stereo, good luck with whatever you choose, there are so many exhausts out there it's crazy, IMO the Yosh pipe is probably the best built, followed by the Voodoo in either the sport pipe or the shorty, then the HMF and a distant last the Two Brothers, never had a good experience with them on my race bikes, they seem to be built very cheap and you'll be repacking it constantly

Jeff M.
    2017 F3-Limited
    2009 GS , Iridium Plugs Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Any issues with that p1x melting on the edges?
    Not on the outside.......................haven't pulled it out of the can since I installed it, so I'm not sue what it looks like inside. Should check it, and the packing inside too.

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

I have the two brothers dual carbons and I love them. They are too loud for my taste, but I bought the P1 and the P1X tips and it makes it just about perfect. I prefer the P1 tips to the P1X, but if I am going on a long ride, I will put the P1X tips in so the missus still has some of her hearing left when we get to our destination.

J

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

getting some good feedback, that's what i am looking for the tried
    and tested. don't want loud but good strong tone. but also have the look.

thanks

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

When I had my 2010 RS-S I installed the Two Brothers dual exhaust.I think it looks great with the two mufflers stacked on the one side of the Spyder.Is it loud yes.When I rode in groups no one wanted to be behind me and these were Harley guys with loud ass exhausts

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Spyder Garage

spyder1attitude muffler on RS 2012
    http://www.spyder1attitude.com/Spyder-RS.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Default MINE

MINE, of course....
    i'd be nutz to say otherwise.....
    SAM_0852.jpg
    all have a different tone... from 'quiet' OEM, to
    OMG LOUD with the CHERRY BOMB in side....
    SAM_0537.jpg SAM_0901.jpg
    the one i now have on, is an OEM that has been 'gutted' 'shortened 9in." and the CAT removed... just right for me....
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Default your pipes are cool Dan, but

you can't buy them anywhere.
    it was fun while it lasted.