Spyder Garage

Default Spyder F3 Detachable Backrests

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    The mounting / release system on these is pretty cool, I definitely want the backrests on mine when I take long trips...

Current Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2015 Spyder F3-S with Heated Handle Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Fog Lights, 12V port, Akrapovic Exhaust, Driver and Passenger Backrests

Previous Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2012 Spyder RS-S with Can-Am Comfort Seat, Comfort Grips, Rigid Saddle Bags, HID lights, Fog Lghts, 12V Accessory port, Trunk Liner, Hindle exhaust, Flash2Pass, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Side Grilles, Missing Air Dam, Air Management System, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Default Comfort & Security

Comfort & support for my poor old achy back plus security for my passenger. The quick release system is very cool in my opinion.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wonder if you could strap a bag to the passenger back rest (in the seat) and not have it raise up while riding.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Wondering the same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I wonder if you could strap a bag to the passenger back rest (in the seat) and not have it raise up while riding.

I have a Saddleman tail bag (very large) that I strap on to the rider backrest on my v-rod and it sits there very nicely. I can envision using the same set-up on the F3. Put the cross country saddlebags on it, and I'll have more than enough storage for me when I travel. Maybe this comes from my childhood as an Air Force brat - learned how to pack light with what you truly need and to pack it well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by reissooz View Post
    I have a Saddleman tail bag (very large) that I strap on to the rider backrest on my v-rod and it sits there very nicely. I can envision using the same set-up on the F3. Put the cross country saddlebags on it, and I'll have more than enough storage for me when I travel. Maybe this comes from my childhood as an Air Force brat - learned how to pack light with what you truly need and to pack it well.
    I haven't learned that trick yet. That's why I have a trailer!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default The trick is...

Figuring out what you absolutely, truly, withoutadoubt, have to have with you/how much you need it...I tend to underestimate