Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SAR41 View Post
    I was considering a purchase from there also because of the price. But like others I would much rather deal with a local dealer. So I went into the local dealer with the offer from Texas and I offered him 1000 over the Texas price and I would write him a check today. Him and another guy went into the office and came out about 10 minutes later and I now have a 2014 RT Limited sitting in my shop from the local dealer. It's worth the extra 1000 to me to work with a local dealer. Much over that and i would have been flying to Texas and riding one back.
    Congrats on having some great dealers to work with. I tried the same thing with my 3 local dealers and they showed me no love. As it has been stated so many times, I prefer to keep my money local also, but if they don't want to be competitive, I can't give them my business. I will let you know how my purchase goes when mine is delivered on friday.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

They have 2014 RTL's listed for $24K out the door. If I only knew then what I know now
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Spyder Garage

Default This is my local dealer

Not the closest by about 5 miles, but this is where I bought my 2012 RTS and was satisfied with my purchase and have had all my service done there. I highly recommend them to anybody anywhere.
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Spyder Garage

It's like buying anything with a large price tag. If you shop around you'll usually find someone willing to deal. As far as trade in, we got blue book for the wife's 2010 RTS against a 2014 RTS. And we got the RTS for a lot less than what was listed for the those in the link. Could the local dealers compare? I don't know. Ours was kind of an emergency situation.
    Last edited by bruiser; 09-30-2014 at 12:18 PM.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mtdoragary View Post
    For THAT price, I would have gone there!
    I believe that is actually the going price for a base rt with the current discount. Problem is locating one
    2014 rt-s black,bump skid,baja ron swaybar and shock spring adjusters,rivco highway mounts &pegs and trunk flag holders 2014 900 ace renegade

Spyder Garage

Power Yamaha in Sublimity, OR has at least two... I believe Pro Caliber in Vancouver, WA has a couple as well, but they want a bit more for them...
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Spoke to Texas dealer over the weekend called local dealer they came in a few bucks higher I added my travel costs to the TeX price and we are doing the deal. So another one in ct. Now to start the customization.....roll out the neon LEDs and striping brushes

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

yup they all will be blowing them out getting ready for 2015 model

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JIM EVANS View Post
    Spoke to Texas dealer over the weekend called local dealer they came in a few bucks higher I added my travel costs to the TeX price and we are doing the deal. So another one in ct. Now to start the customization.....roll out the neon LEDs and striping brushes

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JIM EVANS View Post
    Just post some pics when you get it home!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

They have the RT Limiteds for 23500.00 now. I bought two a couple weeks ago and payed 24500.00ea. I'll know next time to wait till oct!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default WOW

I can't be mad but that is a huge difference... My dealer in TN actually got my price close on a new 2013 RTS SE5 with all the fixings this time last year. I seen Louis powersports on EBAy then and they were selling the 2013 for 22,500. I really wanted to purchase local for the same reasons others mentioned ( maintenance mainly) so they did 23K, but I'm excited about eventually upgrading to a newer bike when my 3 year BRP warranty expires. At that cost it really concerns me what kind of trade in value I will be looking at.

Spyder Garage

Default Pricing

In Ohio prices seem to be moving as well...we are picking up a 2014 RT-Limited in Black Currant on Friday from PowerSports 360 in Huron. $23,700 plus tax and it comes with a four year warranty. They were even fair on the trade-in too. Can't wait for Friday!

Spyder Garage

Default In case you're looking for a 2014 RT...

I think buying local is much better, unless you only have to go a several hundred miles. In my case to get that kind of deal, I would have to spend well over $15oo on just the airline ticket.
    Enjoy the riding & be safe.
    2014 RT L Lightin' LeeRoy
    1980 CM 400A
    1982 CM 450A
    [/SIGPIC]Lightnin' LeeRoy

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HAVE IT SHIPPED

Quote Originally Posted by lightnin leeRoy View Post
    I think buying local is much better, unless you only have to go a several hundred miles. In my case to get that kind of deal, I would have to spend well over $15oo on just the airline ticket.
    Enjoy the riding & be safe.
    ......Shipping from Texas ( Greenwood ) to Vermont ( 1750 miles ) was quoted at $ 477.00 , It would have to be less for you ...........just sayin ......Mike

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well, I can say that this dealer did what they promised. I bought my spyder friday (9/26). They assembled it and got it road worth by monday afternoon. It was picked up by the shipper (G-Man Transport) on tuesday, and delivered to my house today at 9:55am. It was quite dusty (even in the enclosed trailer), but it was still beautiful. They included a tank of gas and a 60 day temp. tag. I had a friend come over to help me look it over for scratches and blemishes and we couldn't find any. I quickly geared up and we went on a 83 mile ride. About half were twisty country roads, and half was 4 lane hwy. I went through a range of emotions. From, "what have I done, this feels nothing like a motorcycle", to "hey, this thing takes curves pretty nicely". Overall, I must say I am pretty pleased to say the least, and very pleased with the dealer and shipper. Not sure who gives the shipping quotes on ebay, but the guy that the dealer suggested was great. It was $850 to ship to my door. The way I figured, if I had driven down to get it on my ford lightning, and an enclosed trailer, it would have cost me over $600 in gas alone. Anyway, guess I am saying, thanks for the feedback about the Texas dealer, and I will be sure to show the spyder to the local dealers that didn't want to work with me.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

and thanks for the pics!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Well, I can say that this dealer did what they promised.
    Thanks for the status update. They seem like the real deal. Nice touch with the addition of a temp tag coming from out of state.
    Enjoy!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Blacklightning, I'll bet that the waiting for it's arrival, was mighty tough...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black