Spyder Garage

Default I need more heat on my wife's 2011 RT

With the weather getting cooler and my wife liking to stay warm she is asking me to put MORE heat out the left side foot area like the heat out of the right side area, which she loves. I know this sounds totally backwards from what most people want on the forum, but hey..I need to try to keep her happy. MORE HEAT is what she wants.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Try the Baker AirWings

Quote Originally Posted by 0992 View Post
    With the weather getting cooler and my wife liking to stay warm she is asking me to put MORE heat out the left side foot area like the heat out of the right side area, which she loves. I know this sounds totally backwards from what most people want on the forum, but hey..I need to try to keep her happy. MORE HEAT is what she wants.
    Thought I'd never see this post--- my wife rides her 11 RT April Thru Oct as a commuter and has had the Air Wings on the last two years. They do block some of the cool wind that streams around the bike, and can be adjusted to allow more air flow in the summer. Not a difficult install, and the one metal bracket helps secure the side panels. I carry a little kwik ratchet (harbor freight) that makes access to check the oil a snap.

I also just found a replacement grommet for the side panel that was wore out. The wife wanted to ride this morning, and I didn't have access to the dealer, so the nearby AutoZone "Help" section had a Toyota PCV grommet #42058 that fit and is a bit beefier to snug the panel before she headed out.
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

Wow, I know my wife would trade your's for hers. She has heat out the left, right and under the seat.

My sugestion is an insulated boot and I like to wear ski pants over my jeans. Keeps me nice and toasty.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Try this..!!

if all else fails...electric sox..the liners and the gloves work well...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Whoops - Grommet was at OReillys

Quote Originally Posted by AeroPilot View Post
    Thought I'd never see this post--- my wife rides her 11 RT April Thru Oct as a commuter and has had the Air Wings on the last two years. They do block some of the cool wind that streams around the bike, and can be adjusted to allow more air flow in the summer. Not a difficult install, and the one metal bracket helps secure the side panels. I carry a little kwik ratchet (harbor freight) that makes access to check the oil a snap.

I also just found a replacement grommet for the side panel that was wore out. The wife wanted to ride this morning, and I didn't have access to the dealer, so the nearby AutoZone "Help" section had a Toyota PCV grommet #42058 that fit and is a bit beefier to snug the panel before she headed out.
    Checked at both and the grommets were at the Oreillys store...
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just can't believe that i'm reading this...

This certainly is a new wrinkle, on the 2013 heat issue...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

thanks to global warming ... the 13's will be highly sought after very soon