Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 - In for a penny, in for a pound....

I guess this is my way of saying that I placed an order with Pitbull today for a new F3, and I'm just feeling all giddy. I joined here a few months ago at SpyderAnn's suggestion (I've known both Ann and Joe for several years since Joe and I both have v-rods). I love the RT but I also love everything about cruisers, so until I saw the F3 for the first time, I was waffling on getting an RT. I am so looking forward to meeting people who I've followed here on the forum and learning more about the Spyder, "from the horse's mouth" so to speak.

Spyder Garage

Good for You!!!!!!

Congratulations and Welcome to the forum (as an owner I mean).
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Congrats!
    His - 2013 RSS SM5
    Hers - 2013 RS SE5

Proud Army Veterans!!

Spyder Garage

Congrats,

From what Les the owner of Caswell's out of Mora, MN was telling me yesterday about the F3 you are going to love it. To say he was impressed with it would be an understatement.

His personal ride is a RS as he likes the sport version better than the RT and the ST due to it's handling and quickness.

He told me that the F3 was a blast to drive and the nanny's interference was reduced. Add in the 1330 motor with the lighter weight (compaired to the RT), and the adjustable foot placement as well as different handlebars available to make it fit the driver and he told me that he sees the F3 as his next Spyder.

BRP told him that they would start shipping them by November so he is hoping that that doesn't turn into January.

Congrats again and you just may have Joe converting from his VRod as well once he gets to test ride it.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Congratulations..!!

Ann and Joe can be convincing.. glad the F3 came along when it did...now you can join in all the fun, smiles and rydes...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you join us.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have been wondering about the UFIT system - since it seems the bars and foot pegs can be set independently, I wonder if you couldn't set the foot pegs to the position closest to the rider and the bars the furthest away, which could set it up closer to the RS configuration...That might be something to ask about at a demo ride for those disappointed RS owners who had hoped for an upgrade on their models. I love the RS model (all of the models obviously) but the forward position is just too much for my wrists and shoulders these days. As low as the center of gravity sits on the F3 and with the stiffer frame and good suspension, it might handle corners like it's on rails. Have to wait and see...

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Congrats,

From what Les the owner of Caswell's out of Mora, MN was telling me yesterday about the F3 you are going to love it. To say he was impressed with it would be an understatement.

His personal ride is a RS as he likes the sport version better than the RT and the ST due to it's handling and quickness.

He told me that the F3 was a blast to drive and the nanny's interference was reduced. Add in the 1330 motor with the lighter weight (compaired to the RT), and the adjustable foot placement as well as different handlebars available to make it fit the driver and he told me that he sees the F3 as his next Spyder.

BRP told him that they would start shipping them by November so he is hoping that that doesn't turn into January.

Congrats again and you just may have Joe converting from his VRod as well once he gets to test ride it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by reissooz View Post
    I have been wondering about the UFIT system - since it seems the bars and foot pegs can be set independently, I wonder if you couldn't set the foot pegs to the position closest to the rider and the bars the furthest away, which could set it up closer to the RS configuration...That might be something to ask about at a demo ride for those disappointed RS owners who had hoped for an upgrade on their models. I love the RS model (all of the models obviously) but the forward position is just too much for my wrists and shoulders these days. As low as the center of gravity sits on the F3 and with the stiffer frame and good suspension, it might handle corners like it's on rails. Have to wait and see...
    The foot pegs are adjustable. The handlebars are not. The UFIT has a device on the F3 that you can try different bar positions to decide which bars fit you the best and those are the ones they put on.
    That being said I would think you could purchase the other bar, or bars and change them yourself to your riding style that day.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I look forward to your review & pictures!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Did they give you any ideas as to when the delivery date might be?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

, and

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your impending purchase and on your association with Ann and Joe!!

The handlebars aren't adjustable, per se, but they are replaceable, and they have a set that are more forward. I can't wait to see your pics. Even if you don't have it yet, come to Lamont's BBQ in a couple weeks to meet the rest of us!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default I Don't get it?????

Just a question...why would you buy anything before you rode it? You may decide after you ride it for a half hour that you don't like it. I really thought that I wanted the new Valkyrie until I test rode one. I hated it and decides that the CTX1300 is what I liked. I hope you like the F3.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    Just a question...why would you buy anything before you rode it? You may decide after you ride it for a half hour that you don't like it. I really thought that I wanted the new Valkyrie until I test rode one. I hated it and decides that the CTX1300 is what I liked. I hope you like the F3.
    I ordered mine on 8/26 before I even saw complete pictures, just based on my dealers description. If I don't like it when I test ride it my dealer will simply give me my money back so I have risked nothing to get in line early....
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's an easy one to answer!
    A lot of research,a WHOLE lot of riding experience, and a leap of Faith.
    (For the record; I bought my RT without ever having sat on one, before I left the dealership!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    The foot pegs are adjustable. The handlebars are not. The UFIT has a device on the F3 that you can try different bar positions to decide which bars fit you the best and those are the ones they put on.
    That being said I would think you could purchase the other bar, or bars and change them yourself to your riding style that day.
    On the build your own page, it shows the bike as you build with different accessories including the long reach bar, short reach bar, etc. Since the foot peg position is independent of the handlebar you pick, this is what I was referring to. I ordered my bike with the long reach bar, since I am vertically challenged. I was confused at first on which bar, so I tried the short reach, then realized how it would work. So, I guess I didn't quite say it right, but in essence the bars are adjustable in that respect. I didn't think to check the UFIT link to see if it could be done there.

Had to go back to to the build page - ordered the short reach bars. Now it makes sense....
    Last edited by reissooz; 09-28-2014 at 12:51 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    on your impending purchase and on your association with Ann and Joe!!

The handlebars aren't adjustable, per se, but they are replaceable, and they have a set that are more forward. I can't wait to see your pics. Even if you don't have it yet, come to Lamont's BBQ in a couple weeks to meet the rest of us!
    Patti - I would love to come down and meet you and the other members that make it down there, but I am scheduled to work that morning. I might see if I can get some time off, tho....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    That's an easy one to answer!
    A lot of research,a WHOLE lot of riding experience, and a leap of Faith.
    (For the record; I bought my RT without ever having sat on one, before I left the dealership!)
    Exactly, Bob! I have test-ridden the RT and was very impressed with the overall bike. I've been riding for nearly 30 years and it's all been cruisers, and had several bikes over that time. I understand there is no perfect bike but some come very close, and I believe the F3 is one that does come very close to what I'm looking for in a Spyder. Not much of a farkle person (no GPS, radio, etc.) - mainly because my pipes are very loud so don't listen to radios much. I read maps ahead of time and know my route before I take off, and if I get lost, no biggie. I can check my route with my cell phone. Riding is about getting out and exploring for me. As for the leap of faith, that's what life is all about - makes it one big adventure.

As for delivery date, I'm guessing Feb. - not a worry, since I'll be snow-bound up here in WI in another month or so.
    Last edited by reissooz; 09-28-2014 at 11:37 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

. . . I read maps ahead of time and know my route before I take off, and if I get lost, no biggie. I can check my route with my cell phone. Riding is about getting out and exploring for me. As for the leap of faith, that's what life is all about - makes it one big adventure. . .
    I hear ya! Half the fun of traveling is trying to get lost! But lately, I've been on time and money crunches and have to plan my routes more carefully. Oh to just wander. I call it vagabondage!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I like that term - vagabondage....

Spyder Garage

I am another that has never test rode any before purchase. I did it because I wanted it. A couple times there was a waiting period of 6 to 7 months. In all cases, I have not been disappointed. No has been perfect to fit my ergos due to bad back and hip. I made mods to suit me when I got them. I have never been disappointed with how the ran or the performance thereof. After the first Rotax 998 the other 3 were kind of no brainers. The ACE 1330 was new--but based on others reviews, I had a pretty good idea what was coming.

Purchase before testing could be a problem for some--but I think most have been happy.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I guess this is my way of saying that I placed an order with Pitbull today for a new F3, and I'm just feeling all giddy. I joined here a few months ago at SpyderAnn's suggestion (I've known both Ann and Joe for several years since Joe and I both have v-rods). I love the RT but I also love everything about cruisers, so until I saw the F3 for the first time, I was waffling on getting an RT. I am so looking forward to meeting people who I've followed here on the forum and learning more about the Spyder, "from the horse's mouth" so to speak.
    please post some pictures and ride impressions once you take delivery.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red