Spyder Garage

Default Sat XM Radio for Spyder

I just bought the whole package through BRP and had a dealer install the XM radio, required entertainment harness and a Sena SM10 Dongle so I could listen to the radio via my Sena blue tooth helmets. Parts and installation was over $1200. For those of you thinking of doing this, I might recommend (to late for me) to at least get the SM10 from some place like Amazon. BRP "rips" you off on the price of this. There price is about $250 from BRP and I found it on Amazon for less that $150. The actual radio and entertainment harness may have to come from BRP and these are not cheap....but the SM10 Dongle, looks like you can get it yourself at a much lower cost. Love the package and really enjoy having the radio come through to the head set...but you might be able to save a buck or two by looking around. Thanks to a friend of mine who suggested having the Dongle mounted in the glove box, it makes turning that on and off really nice and convenient.

Spyder Garage

I put my XM Onyx radio in the rear trunk plugged into the MP3 port (AUX) for $46.00. Works beautiful.

J. D.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChicoFowler View Post
    I might recommend (to late for me) to at least get the SM10 from some place like Amazon. BRP "rips" you off on the price of this. There price is about $250 from BRP and I found it on Amazon for less that $150. The actual radio and entertainment harness may have to come from BRP and these are not cheap....but the SM10 Dongle, looks like you can get it yourself at a much lower cost. Love the package and really enjoy having the radio come through to the head set...but you might be able to save a buck or two by looking around.
    You are incorrect. Buying off of Amazon or get an even better price and buy from motorcycledave, site sponsor vendor. But you do not get the electrical harness that connects SM10 Dongle to the radio. That is only available in the Dongle kit from BRP or there is a great thread by finlessbob that explains how to build your own if you or a friend has the skills.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default XM radio

Quote Originally Posted by ChicoFowler View Post
    I just bought the whole package through BRP and had a dealer install the XM radio, required entertainment harness and a Sena SM10 Dongle so I could listen to the radio via my Sena blue tooth helmets. Parts and installation was over $1200. For those of you thinking of doing this, I might recommend (to late for me) to at least get the SM10 from some place like Amazon. BRP "rips" you off on the price of this. There price is about $250 from BRP and I found it on Amazon for less that $150. The actual radio and entertainment harness may have to come from BRP and these are not cheap....but the SM10 Dongle, looks like you can get it yourself at a much lower cost. Love the package and really enjoy having the radio come through to the head set...but you might be able to save a buck or two by looking around. Thanks to a friend of mine who suggested having the Dongle mounted in the glove box, it makes turning that on and off really nice and convenient.
    I know you will enjoy listening to the radio for miles and miles without worrying about changing stations.ENJOY. FYI Mine is in the shop. XM radio completely died after changing battery on the bike. No one can figure out why, yet. Should be up and running within a couple of weeks.(I hope)