Thread: FWIW, the F3

Spyder Garage

Default FWIW, the F3

To those few who do not like the looks, do not like the engine, do not like whatever.

You are well advised to wait and see, wait and ride, the new Spyder. That is all for now.
    Doug Barnes
    James 4:17

all on two wheels. More on four or more. Guess I may need to start multi-coloring for three wheels.

Spyder Garage

Very sage advice. Test rides and customer revues will tell the whole story.

Unfortunately, good stuff comes with a bit of a price. Two or three years ago, I would have been one of the first on board the F3. Who knows now, I have this "old" 2011 in my garage.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default LOOKS

DO NOT like the looks...
    LOVE the engine...
    was really hoping the RS would be offered with the 1330 cc/6 speed...
    yes, i am waiting to see an F3 in the flesh... pictures sometimes don't do justice, so time will tell...
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Cool

Got one comin..

Spyder Garage

Can't wait to test drive!!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default more info and pricing

as I'm certain yall already know about

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/20...deo-87030.html

Spyder Garage

Default Touring Escape Package

I'm wondering how much this package will cost. It should be less than ordering and installing those components individually. I also wonder if you'll be able to get it on the F3-S in the colors. I'm liking the silver & black with red frame.

Spyder Garage

I'm waiting to do a test ride. I like the idea of putting a shield on it and some saddlebags and making it an LT machine, but don't know if that's feasible. One of the reasons is the "cruiser" position for riding is more comfortable to me than the "Goldwing" position I have on my RT, though I've helped that with highway pegs.

As for looks, I've never particularly liked the looks of ANY Spyder, but I DO like riding them.

Anyway, I'll test ride one before I make any decision. I test rode the '14 RT and there wasn't enough to make me change from my '11. We'll see how it is with the F3.

Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by den1953 View Post
    I'm wondering how much this package will cost. It should be less than ordering and installing those components individually. I also wonder if you'll be able to get it on the F3-S in the colors. I'm liking the silver & black with red frame.
    I asked my dealer if he thought there was any discount factoring into the package purchases and he told me NO... if you want to see how much the packages cost go to build a spyder on the brp website.. its right there...
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MidTNDawg View Post
    To those few who do not like the looks, do not like the engine, do not like whatever.

You are well advised to wait and see, wait and ride, the new Spyder. That is all for now.
    FWIW, that is EXACTLY what my dealer told me today. He was at the New England show this week and rode the F3. In a nutshell, he said "You can't really appreciate it until you ride it." Dealer went on to say... That is why BRP is loading up a tractor trailer with 50 F3's and driving it around the country. Dealers are signing up to have "the truck" stop at their store. It will be well publicized and everyone who wants to, will have a chance to take a ride on a new F3.

Dealer also said that BRP told the dealers at the show that the traditional frames were being discontinued over the next few years and all of the models will eventually be based on the F3 format - even the RT. Some future models may not necessarily look like today's F3, but they will all have the 1330 engine, the lightweight tubular frame, F3-like suspension, and some variation of the new UFit feature.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Hi Dawg,

Re: To those few who do not like the looks, do not like the engine, do not like whatever.

You are well advised to wait and see, wait and ride, the new Spyder.

Maybe it is like sex; you can read all you want, you can look at a million pictures, but to know what it really is it you have to do it.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Default As I see it..!!

"you can't judge a book by it's cover"...but then I go by " don't try to fix whats not broke"...have gotten the 2012 RS sm5 right where I want it and.." don't change horses in mid stream". Really need that test ryde before you can cross it off...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...And if you STILL don't like it , after a test-ride...
    "Stick with the girl that you brought to the dance!"
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Did It

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    I asked my dealer if he thought there was any discount factoring into the package purchases and he told me NO... if you want to see how much the packages cost go to build a spyder on the brp website.. its right there...

I went to the BRP site and did the build thing with all of the add on's they listed on the tour package and it comes to almost 28,000. At that cost it is more sensible to get a RT as far as we are concerned. I had hoped that they would get us a package price that was cheaper than piece mealing it together. Adding it up separately comes to almost 8,000. Just my opinion.
    14 RT-S , Stock Large brake pedal White Pearl

Spyder Garage

dealer just told me was something like 7000$ sounds high to me wait n see
    Quote Originally Posted by den1953 View Post
    2014 rt-s black,bump skid,baja ron swaybar and shock spring adjusters,rivco highway mounts &pegs and trunk flag holders 2014 900 ace renegade