Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F3 Accesories

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Accesories

I've went through the build process a couple of times for the F3 and WOW! The accessories are outrageous! I would like a lot of items from the touring package. $500 floorboards, $500 fog lights, $400 windshield, etc. it's going to price out at 26-27,000. Just seems ridiculous!
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRx View Post
    I've went through the build process a couple of times for the F3 and WOW! The accessories are outrageous! I would like a lot of items from the touring package. $500 floorboards, $500 fog lights, $400 windshield, etc. it's going to price out at 26-27,000. Just seems ridiculous!
    A common issue when it comes to farkling. Since the F3 is new this year, it may be a wait for other aftermarket items to be available for the F3. Floorboards and fog lights above are ballpark. The BRP floorboards for other models were $995. Our friends at Seal did real good with their $500 ballpark models. Windshield a bit high--but in the ballpark. I paid almost $400 for plain, tall, windshield on my 2008 GS--then went to fairings at $1500 apiece.

Bottom line--farkles are always expensive--but--they will make the F3 "yours."

Lets not even go into resale value--but--your going to keep your F3 for a few years anyway--right?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default LOW BUDGET

and here we all thought the F3 would be a LOW BUDGET INTRO-VERSION for newbees..... SURPRISE SURPRISE....

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    and here we all thought the F3 would be a LOW BUDGET INTRO-VERSION for newbees..... SURPRISE SURPRISE....
    I Honestly never thought that...

Spyder Garage

I priced out my new F3 as well, here in Alberta Canada with all the options it came in at 28400 dollars . I payed 32grand for my 2011 rt limited. I will still order a new F3 because I can lol and because I just have to have it. We also have a 2013 sts which my wife loves so now I will be able to keep up with her on the F3. Yes toys are expensive and the aftermarket parts sometimes even more so. It's the price we pay to enjoy life. I don't smoke drink or gamble so may as well help the Canadian economy right.
    Love the 3 wheels way of life

2011 RT Limited

Mods

Custom vinyl wrap
    Two brothers exhaust
    custom glo riders
    carbon fiber dash kit(orange)
    2013 15 inch wheels powder coated orange
    all factory castings powder coated orange
    Elka's
    Baha Ron sway bar(will be powder coated orange next winter)
    Spyder pops (every thing he has for the rt)
    Lamonts hiway pegs

Spyder Garage

Default Package deals vs. Add-ons

Just for comparison the Touring Escape package for the F3 is $4500 and includes thirteen key accessories ranging in price from$49.99 to $1299.99. Adding those accessories up individually costs $7129.88. At least to me, the package deal makes sense cost-wise.

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer..!!

but they are right. The first run models are dependant on the factory for accessories till the market decides it is worth getting in on the action. Sadly they are often overpriced as well...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    Maybe next year with the RS minus
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by den1953 View Post
    Just for comparison the Touring Escape package for the F3 is $4500 and includes thirteen key accessories ranging in price from$49.99 to $1299.99. Adding those accessories up individually costs $7129.88. At least to me, the package deal makes sense cost-wise.
    That's good to know. I did not see a price for the touring package or where you could add it but that seems like the way to go.
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by den1953 View Post
    That's good to know. I did not see a price for the touring package or where you could add it but that seems like the way to go.

I hadn't found the "package" price, but it's good to see there's a discount for the group of accessories.

I wonder if you want non-stock handle-bars if they will sell the unit with them or add on the full price of the bars. I mean, the stock bars would stay with the dealer.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

I think some folks must be new to the world of making a bike you're own. Pretty much every bike I've owned winds up being between 30K on the low side and 50K on the high side. You don't have to buy anything if you don't want to and the aftermarket will fill in some of the blanks. I don't like the prices either but I have a better idea than most what it takes to bring a product to market and it's never as cheap as you think it's going to be and if there is no profit there will not be a product for long. I build as I can afford what I want/need.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I think some folks must be new to the world of making a bike you're own. Pretty much every bike I've owned winds up being between 30K on the low side and 50K on the high side. You don't have to buy anything if you don't want to and the aftermarket will fill in some of the blanks. I don't like the prices either but I have a better idea than most what it takes to bring a product to market and it's never as cheap as you think it's going to be and if there is no profit there will not be a product for long. I build as I can afford what I want/need.
    Well said😎

Spyder Garage

Can you confirm that you will be able to purchase a touring escape package? I would love to be able to order the bike like you want it from the factory. Just wondering how it will work. Wonder if it will come from the factory like that or how it will work. Everybody wants a good deal. I am familiar with making something my own. I do that with every bike, atv, jeep, truck I buy. Bottom line is the f3 is going to be awesome and I can't wait to ride it!

Spyder Garage

Can you confirm that you will be able to purchase a touring escape package? I would love to be able to order the bike like you want it from the factory. Just wondering how it will work. Wonder if it will come from the factory like that or how it will work. Everybody wants a good deal. I am familiar with making something my own. I do that with every bike, atv, jeep, truck I buy. Bottom line is the f3 is going to be awesome and I can't wait to ride it!
    I can't but your dealer should be able to. I wasn't in on those meetings.

Spyder Garage

I was checking out the BRP site earlier, and Im sure it said Available February. Which is still 2 months before we even see an F3 in
    New Zealand.
    Already did my build on the site and just need to let my dealer know if Im going to go ahead with it.

F3 SE6 Black metallic
    Cannonball Seat
    Both Back Rests
    Blue Ridge Screen
    Around 23k in USA I will probably end up paying 10k more than that here in New Zealand
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Spyder Garage

I can't but your dealer should be able to. I wasn't in on those meetings.
    Ok. Thank you. Can't wait for "part 2" of your report. Thanks for filling us in with the info you gathered!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mike,P View Post
    I Honestly never thought that...
    I didn't either. It's actually priced lower than I expected.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Going to harp on this one last time. I understand R&D and what goes into it, but a license plater HOLDER has been done and no R&D is required, but charge 95.00 for SPYDER to be printed on it is ridiculous . The catalog is filled with price gouging examples of accessories that are 2 and 3 times the price of equally matched Harley Davidson, which I thought was high.
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The pricing of spyder add ons makes the pricing of Harley as well as all other manufacturer add ons look very inexpensive!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GunDoctor View Post
    Going to harp on this one last time. I understand R&D and what goes into it, but a license plater HOLDER has been done and no R&D is required, but charge 95.00 for SPYDER to be printed on it is ridiculous . The catalog is filled with price gouging examples of accessories that are 2 and 3 times the price of equally matched Harley Davidson, which I thought was high.

While R&D can be expensive, I'm going to disagree especially with plastic and metallic items.
    These days the entire vehicle is designed in a CAD program, they can test for interference with other items without ever having to build anything, they can change materials and colors without having to build them to see what it will look like. Rapid prototyping let's them build variations out of plastic without having to go into the detail and without using the final materials and labor to see if it works in the real world.

there is very little reason for a company the size of BRP to be charging so much other than greed. And this is coming from someone who has worked on electrical engineering projects that went to market, today's designers don't have the redesign and re-prototype cycles they did years ago... Assuming they use the tools at their disposal

Current Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2015 Spyder F3-S with Heated Handle Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Fog Lights, 12V port, Akrapovic Exhaust, Driver and Passenger Backrests

Previous Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2012 Spyder RS-S with Can-Am Comfort Seat, Comfort Grips, Rigid Saddle Bags, HID lights, Fog Lghts, 12V Accessory port, Trunk Liner, Hindle exhaust, Flash2Pass, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Side Grilles, Missing Air Dam, Air Management System, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

I can get a heavy duty metal license plate frame with my riding club logo on it. Nicely chromed too. Cost is $25.00.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Lots of questions on the various version packages for the F3. It's my understanding that these " packages" don't exist, just suggested items to buy to make a different version.

Spyder Garage

Lots of questions on the various version packages for the F3. It's my understanding that these " packages" don't exist, just suggested items to buy to make a different version.
    I have seen the actual dealer list with these packages and dealer cost on these packages. They do exist.

Spyder Garage

And there you have it...

Spyder Garage

Cool Don't Worry About Accessaries Right Now

I ordered the Blue Ridge Windshield, driver floor boards, driver back rest, and touring bags when I placed my original order for my F3S. I took possession of my Spyder F3S on Jan. 21 complete with the windshield. I am still waiting for BRP to ship the remaining items. Each week, they keep pushing back the ship date, not just for mine, but for everyone. I have a trip to the Keys scheduled for 2/22 and a 4000+ mile trip westward on 5/17. It's looking like with out a miracle, I will not have any of these items on the 2/22 trip and there is a very good chance that I won't have all of them for my big adventure. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I'm more like furious and frustrated. My dealer is going above and beyond to try to get them, but he can't get what they haven't produced.