Thread: UFit

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default UFit

In all our excitement about the new 2015 line-up and the F3 model in particular, I haven't heard much discussion about the U-Fit feature. It sounds like the way Harley dealers can customize a bike for a rider. I like that idea - choose the foot control and peg/footboard positions, chose the handlebars, choose the seat, backrest, etc.

But has anyone else wondered about the affect on the dealer network? Many have commented about the perceived shortcomings of some of the dealers. Now there will be something else to ask them to help a buyer with. What kind of training will they get that will help them recommend which options to best fit a rider? Or will the buyer just be on their own, reading the BRP descriptions and taking a chance and risking their money to see what works?

I hope the dealers will get training and that the already good dealers will give this service as much attention as they do to everything else now. I don't mean to borrow trouble here, but this could turn out to be a place for less-than-excellent dealers to fall down.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

it is really a good idea to make a bike yours, since i put lamonts highway pegs on my bike i enjoy riding it so much more. problem for some people is the price of buying it one way and than having to change things around to make you comfortable. when i bought my 13 and 14 i had to order it with the regular seat and order the comfort seat extra. it should come from the factory with all that you ordered
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Not sure if this is as complex as the diagrams and write up make it sound. I put in my personal input to the software and it told me what handlebar position and what foot peg position to use for optimum comfort. Setting those shouldn't be rocket science. Still it will be one more thing that the bad dealers won't pay any attention to and will be one more reason to choose your dealer carefully
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    it is really a good idea to make a bike yours, since i put lamonts highway pegs on my bike i enjoy riding it so much more. problem for some people is the price of buying it one way and than having to change things around to make you comfortable. when i bought my 13 and 14 i had to order it with the regular seat and order the comfort seat extra. it should come from the factory with all that you ordered
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Default What I can tell

From the looks of the peg relocating kits they appear to be linkage tie rods for the brake pedal (all models) and shifter (SM6) . These rods come in plus one and plus two inch lengths over stock length to move the pegs forward and minus one and minus two inch lengths to move the pegs rearward. The brake-only kit for the SE6 is $29.99 and the kit for both brake & shifter for SM6 is $49.99. The handlbars are available in three versions other than the stock bars. One has more pull back for a shorter reach to the bars while another has less pull back for a longer reach to the hand controls. A third handlebar is more of a lower and flatter drag bar for a more leaned forwards reach to the bars. For myself at age 61 and having back and joint issues I'd need my feet forward but not too far while keeping my back posture as near straight up & down as possible with no slouching. For my 6 foot one inch height the BRP website app recommended a plus two inch peg kit and the less pulled back handlebar. I can imagine that I'll have to try an F3 on for size.