Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I miss most of that. Maybe I am more selective in what I read.
    2014 RTSS , Cogna/ black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yup! Lower-Left corner...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sddinnh View Post
    with all that's been said and you guys already know my feelings on the subject. If it can't be discussed in a friendly way, I just get out of the conversation or avoid it all together. This is a "brotherhood" and we should all be here to help each other.
    "brotherhood and sisterhood", let's not get something started here!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

After all; we don't want to have to call on "The Sisters"... So the Muslems want to meet Allah.jpg

Spyder Garage

Red face Some

like to stir the pot

feel compelled to defend themselves, or, their point of view

have to have the last word

don't remember there are other outlets for non spyder (political etc) posts

simply don't get it....and never will

But hey.....it is AMERICA

The greatest place on earth.

Have a great day

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear View Post
    like to stir the pot

feel compelled to defend themselves, or, their point of view

have to have the last word

don't remember there are other outlets for non spyder (political etc) posts

simply don't get it....and never will

But hey.....it is AMERICA

The greatest place on earth.

Have a great day

[I hope that didn't offend anyone.]
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Disagree

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I go to several forums that focus on currant events and religious topics and this country is more divided than ever.
    I like to go here to get away from that and focus on all things Spyder. As long as we stay on topic we will be fine.
    I'm sorry, I could not disagree more. I have also been on sites that dwindle to nothing when it is restricted to just tech issues. I enjoy the posts from people like Bob and Mike and many more who keep it light but also add their technical knowledge. If you are down, I think you should let us know so we can pick you up. We might even come over for a ride. Yes, tech is the main purpose but come on guys and gals. Yup..a newbie's 2 1/2 cents (inflation)

Dennis

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dgjason View Post
    I'm sorry, I could not disagree more. I have also been on sites that dwindle to nothing when it is restricted to just tech issues. I enjoy the posts from people like Bob and Mike and many more who keep it light but also add their technical knowledge. If you are down, I think you should let us know so we can pick you up. We might even come over for a ride. Yes, tech is the main purpose but come on guys and gals. Yup..a newbie's 2 1/2 cents (inflation)

Dennis
    I couldn't agree more! Families will fight and bicker amongst themselves; that's normal. But if somebody needs a lift; they''ll be the ones are are there first.
    I came over here from an ATV forum. It was just about like a rolling house party; all the time! Folks would challenge one another about whose bike could handle the most mud, or whose bike was fastest... There was always somebody healing-up from a bit of "too much" fun on the weekends.
    Yet when the friendly jabs turned sour... folks would not hesitate to jump and calm things down. The moderators had a real easy time of it; everybody was already doing their dead-level best to keep it all friendly.
    We had Political and religious discussions... we kicked around the elections, choices of oils, tires, helmets (sound familiar?) We even had an absolutely bawdy "Just three words" game going on for years... nobody got upset; they just revelled in the shared experiences.
    We helped our friends get through divorces, the loss of loved-ones, economic hard times, and even just busted bikes...
    We shared the joys of marriages, births, new bikes, new homes, GREAT hunting trophies...

When I first joined up in here; it was pretty sterile. Folks talked about technical stuff, but nobody gave too much of themselves to the discussions...
    Warts and alll; I like it in here now, a WHOLE lot more!!

Spyder Garage

I don't know how other forum-type sites are but websites where people can just post comments are totally out of control. I was on a recipe website recently and the comments started out with "I have to try this" and quick devolved to "You can just go back to your own country!" I was totally shocked how people behave when online. I especially see this when people comment on news articles. I now stay away from reading general comments as they are all just too negative for me.
    Tony
    2014 RT

Mods: Adjustable side wind deflectors; Adjustable vented windshield; Rear and front trunk lights; Replaced the foot pegs with Web Boards; Gerbing heater controls; Garmin Zumo 390LM GPS; Fog lights; Front headlamp accent lights; Replaced the standard fender light bulbs with LEDs; BumpSkid; Frunk insert and stripes from WrapMySPyder; BajaRon Swaybar; Laser alignment.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Thanks for your input Bob. The whole scenario kind of bummed me out and revved up the PC warnings, etc. You said most of what I could not put into words. Thanks Again."

You came on board here about a helf a year ahead of me... Remember what it was like?
    Folks were pleasant, as they talked about DPS issues and overheating GS models. The new RTs were already getting dissed for their weak knees, and Fred was crossing the country for aobut the nine-hundredth time on them...

Look at how how far we've come!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tony8472 View Post
    I don't know how other forum-type sites are but websites where people can just post comments are totally out of control. I was on a recipe website recently and the comments started out with "I have to try this" and quick devolved to "You can just go back to your own country!" I was totally shocked how people behave when online. I especially see this when people comment on news articles. I now stay away from reading general comments as they are all just too negative for me.
    The anonymity afforded by the 'net; allows for ill-mannered folks to think that it's perfectly okay to insult somebody for a belief, and belittle somebody for their convictions...
    If we moderate the board ourselves; by reminding those who step over the boundaries, that their behavior isn't appreciated much, then Lamont will have a MUCH easier time with this place.

That's NOT to say, that you unload with all barrels at the HINT of something that offends; you sort of start out with a gentle reminder, and see if the hint is taken...

Spyder Garage

Default A couple more pennies from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony8472 View Post

You can't stop everyone from posting but you can only hope that people will be mature in their replies and read and adhere to the forum rules and try to keep it on topic as much as possible. We all know threads can be derailed into a ditch but all it takes is a few to steer it back on course.

A lot of people can really ruin a good thing by abusing it. Some people who hide behind their monitors while online feel they are invincible and can say mean things they normally wouldn't say and get away with it. In most well established and moderated forums, the members themselves help police these people to help make it a better community. Some just feel the need to hijack a thread with useless irritating banter almost like a pet feeling the need to mark their territory. It's very weird.

Good thing with some forums, especially vBulletin is the ignore feature and the report icon. You can just plug in the username(s) and block them to make it a more peaceful experience and/or report an offensive thread/reply. It would be up to the admin or moderator to close or delete any issue reported.
    So basically you will never find the perfect public forum...it's not out there at all, you have to trust that people will only do the right thing, the mean spirited ones don't last very long on a forum and that's a good thing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    HEY EVERYONE!! GROUP HUG TIME...

it! Denman! You beat me to it!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by iSpyder123 View Post
    +100 Unfortunately it happens on a lot of forums but it doesn't have to happen here.
    It really feels like a family atmosphere until one negative post slips through and everyone starts jumping in. Especially the ones who you think wouldn't or shouldn't jump in. It's just like bullying or adding fuel to the fire.
    I just hope the negativeness doesn't continue on here and people encourage one another to contribute and make this place grow bigger than it already is with lots of information. This place is awesome. I hate to see any members, especially newer ones, that might be great contributors leave.

I agree, if there have to be attacks take it off line and leave the rest on the forums to address that were intended.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Uh-Oh...
    I have to respectively disagree with that method of dealing with conflicts... kind of!
    If you have one person who is being "cranky"; it's often best to let the "weight of the forum", convince them of their transgression. Otherwise; you'll have a couple of folks locked-up in an endless hatchet fight; out of sight from the forum...
    Now; if it is just an honest difference of opinion between two good folks; those are the ones that can be best handled out of sight...

Spyder Garage

After a few members police things and ask the out of line member to 'check' themselves there's still a lot of people that can't tolerate open forum arguments and will just tell the individuals to take it to PM.
    That's usually where it should go (It's private between them) so that the rest of us don't have to see it or read it and watch it continue to disrupt the thread. Once it's taken to PM, you can even report PM messages if it gets that bad. When all else fails ignore the person in your settings.

Sure we all like a bit of drama to read in open forum but it's disruptive and gives the impression that it's tolerated.
    Report the thread if you really want to police things.

Hey, I'm not trying to change the way things are in here or try to make this a super strict forum. I'd like to know the Spyder community aren't hostile and can live in peace and harmony and share and enjoy each others company.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice people with good intetions

I read every word of every post in this thread. And only wanted to reply to the OP in Quebec.

About your mention of our position that Canada doesn't want to get deeply " invoiced" to participate with the American fight against this so called terrorism.

I think we have already learned a lot about the real truth of it, and don't wish to send our young men and women to die into the fire fights over there any more for it.

Please watch this vid? I don't want it to be a direct link
    wwwyoutube.com/watch?v=ju_jWWIS_hE

I am Not interested in discussion over this topic here either, so don't offer me any.
    War is large business, & not a big game, we wish to be involved with, sorry. Get it?

Find a legitimate cause and you know we will support you, but playing thee war game, no.

Chas
    Last edited by ChasCS; 09-26-2014 at 01:50 PM.

Spyder Garage

we do have a delete post button and i have used it a couple of times when things get rough, some people think i post this on here to stir the around here, but i don't. i try to post funny things and really talented people i have seen on youtube for all your enjoyment but if i post something about a subject that people don't like i post it because it really bothered me or i feel people need to know what is going on. i watch the news most of the day and i follow most news headlines by looking them up on the web to see what is really going on.

today my head wants to explode over something going on right now and will affect the future but i am keeping quiet.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

I see someone has their spinning wheel out again. cuznjohn, it's not you.

Spyder Garage

Hi to all of you out there,

I'm new here; but I have been on a number of other forums for quite a few years.

Re: Zero Tolerance- NO Political Post. Keep it clean and no personal attacks. Any profanity, sexual content or personal attacks or threats will be removed and the user may lose their privilege to use this site.

I would add one more if it was up to me: Zero Tolerance- NO Religious Posts. Keep it clean and no personal attacks. Any profanity, sexual content or personal attacks or threats will be removed and the user may lose their privilege to use this site.

I am a 100% athiest. I am completely OK with anyone who professes a religion. It is only the business of the individual.

I did, recently, make a reply to a thread about something to do with a religious thought; and that thread got pulled ASAP.

Thanks for bringing this issue up, it helps all of us to discuss it.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

If you can "agree to disagree" and "attack the post not the poster" than everything will be fine.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderrock View Post
    Great thread great topic. Personally I have been attacked on here twice, I did get an apology from one in a private message. I wonder why there are what over 40000 members and its always the same 2 or 300 people who post. When I got hammered on for a comment I made I left this site and didn't visit for quite a while. I have completely change the look of my 2011 rt and have never posted any farkles I have done. I do post to FaceBook but I didn't put any photo's here. I didn't go to Lamont with what happened, were all adults here we can sort it out. Maybe all the new people are afraid a bit to post when there is a lot of negativity floating around, you know the saying There are no Stupid Questions, I myself dont reply all that often but I do read the post's on here. I own 2 spyders now 2011 rt 2013 sts and soon 2015 f3. I need to keep up with all the Good Information lol. We should try to keep this site as professional as possible, keep it to Spyder topics only. There are other forums for all the Other Stuff that comes up here once in a while. From this site alone I have gained enough knowledge to tare my Spyder apart to do all the work I have done to it, there really is great info here and there are really great people here to, lets keep it that way.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChasCS View Post
    I read every word of every post in this thread. And only wanted to reply to the OP in Quebec.

About your mention of our position that Canada doesn't want to get deeply " invoiced" to participate with the American fight against this so called terrorism.

I think we have already learned a lot about the real truth of it, and don't wish to send our young men and women to die into the fire fights over there any more for it.

Please watch this vid? I don't want it to be a direct link
    wwwyoutube.com/watch?v=ju_jWWIS_hE

I am Not interested in discussion over this topic here either, so don't offer me any.
    War is large business, & not a big game, we wish to be involved with, sorry. Get it?

Find a legitimate cause and you know we will support you, but playing thee war game, no.

Chas
    Wow! Was not intended in the way you took it, but that just proves my original post! It was referring to a past thread, which would have to be read to understand my comment! Sorry did not stress that! Really nice to see peoples comments on this thread and glad I started it! Good weekend all!By the way ChasCS my name is Wayne and it is great to be discussing things with you. Never meant this to become part of this thread!
    Last edited by Netminder; 09-26-2014 at 03:36 PM.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Mine is s small lonely gripe

I wish some of you would learn proper English Spelling and Grammar.
    Please turn on your SPELL check if you have one... ASAP. Or if, use Voice Dictation.

Some posts/threads are extremely difficult to decipher?
    Using "than" for 'then' and "there" for 'they're' and who doesn't understand "your" instead of using the correct 'you're' in its correct context?

I always check the location and states of the major "misspellers", as that can often expose some of the language problems. Being the local custom, down at the feed store, me guesses.

Hahaha me kids, I love real down home folks. Like the famous Bevery Hillbillies... Chuckles-OL

YEE HAW!! Hee Haw, and Ya Hoo to you too!! Weeee
    the os8 update would often freeze my keyboard, and I'm deliberately trying to make it freeze but no way, it's fixed, everything is 'are' right now... Hehehe

ok carry on... This is just a test. If a real warning was in progress an alarming ringing incessantly, would be heard. It works yay.,.,.,. update fixed it.
    Now I wonder if I can post a pic?

edit, thanks Apple... iOS 8.0.1 is all good.

Chas
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ChasCS; 09-26-2014 at 03:40 PM.