Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation Yikes! CALM DOWN PEOPLE!

After all; we don't want to have to call on "The Sisters"...
    :Tongue_in_cheek_ON. Ahem! Bob, you should know by now .... it is "SYSTERS!" :Tongue_in_cheek_OFF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    HEY GUYS!!!!
    Go to your rooms;
    sit there for a while...and just cool down...

Personally speaking; everybody is starting to get just a wee-bit thin-skinned...
    Let's pu-LEEEZE dial it back a bit, and let our diastolic numbers drop back down below redline!

I don't really ARE who got called a jerk, or who it was tht said it!! I'll stop this car, and turn us right back around for home!

NO ice cream for any of you...

I'm glad this thread was started .... but, the very point of the thread has been PROVEN .... just look how things have gone down hill! And for what reason? What is the point of personal attacks (or even perceived personal attacks) when it causes long time and RESPECTED members such as Roger to consider leaving. I don't post a great deal, but I read A LOT of threads and find myself, more and more lately, dropping a read because it has turned nasty AND FOR NO GOOD REASON! Somewhere in this thread is a sentiment that some "regulars" are missed .... now I think I know why -- they, in part at least, got tired of this . One that comes to immediate mind is Scotty (aka Nancy'sToy). Apologies to Scotty for dragging his good name and reputation into this; but it serves to further prove the point of this thread.

Soooo .... folks, as Bob said, DIAL IT BACK A BIT!!!!!!!, or no amount of administrative effort on our collective part or on Lamont's part will help "rescue" this forum -- yes, I'm that worried about it.

Best Regards ..... Ann
    Last edited by Spyder_Cowgirl; 09-26-2014 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Corrected joke icon
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Let's not be pointing fingers; let's be apologizing...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

i say being roger has been here longer than me that i should leave. someone pm him and let him know, i hate misunderstandings but i will leave so every one will be all happy happy happy, so later people. i will continue to read but i will not post anymore
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

John,
    We're not accepting your resignation...
    Families squabble, but they don't leave.
    You're family; just as much as Roger.
    Dont' go anywhere, or I SWEAR that I'll tell your father what you've been up to!!
    (Scared you; didn't it?? )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Jeez you miss a lot of "stuff" when you actually go out and ride that thing in the driveway. Took a day off and went to the mountains and look what happens

Spyder Garage

I saw this patch today on a Patriot Ride.

"Who lit the fuse on your tampon?" It cracked me up.

Hey Chas, keep your French Canuk thoughts north of the border. We'll protect you from down here. And take back Bieber with the rest of the wierdos from up there.

John, stay boy stay.
    Roger, you too.

Now I need to go get my Jack Daniels Honey Bourbon, my Makers Mark infused cigar and go to my room and ponder the meaning of life.

Good night David...

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Huntley Brinkley Report

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Good night David...
    :HighJack_ON. Good night Chet ...... :HighJackOFF.

Thanks bruiser, had not thought about that newscast in YEARS! Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Ashley View Post
    I'm sorry.

I am too. ...and I haven't even posted anything in this thread.
    Last edited by robmorg; 09-26-2014 at 08:45 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default One flew over the cuckoos border fence

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    I saw this patch today on a Patriot Ride.

"Who lit the fuse on your tampon?" It cracked me up.

Hey Chas, keep your French Canuk thoughts north of the border. We'll protect you from down here. And take back Bieber with the rest of the wierdos from up there.

John, stay boy stay.
    Roger, you too.

Now I need to go get my Jack Daniels Honey Bourbon, my Makers Mark infused cigar and go to my room and ponder the meaning of life.

Good night David...
    Alberta born and bred here, & no known French in my blood, only Czech.

Our weirdoes, you don't say? Gosh ahahaha, why do you think we send them South, of the border? Hahaha

We aren't greedy, so we will sell you all the Spyder's you can afford,
    but keep our weirdo on his Spyder there ok... Thanks.

But we love you!! ;-)

Good night David, good night cuzJohn Boy, good night Pa, Gran Pa, Gran Ma, Ma...
    Good night Ann, good night Bob, and good night to all.

Chas
    Last edited by ChasCS; 09-26-2014 at 08:42 PM.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    I'M SO HAPPY JUST TO BE ALIVE....... REMOVE ALL THOSE FROM YOUR LIVES THAT ARE NEGATIVE....

REMEMBER, AGE HAS A WAY OF KILLING YOU...... SO ENJOY EVERY MOMENT YOU HAVE.....
    DAN P
    EASLEY, SC
    SPYD3R
    That puts everything in proper perspective. Well said. I try to live that way. Fail sometimes, but still keep trying....

Spyder Garage

My GOD.
    I'm just picking up on this thread now.
    Is this why Roger is leaving ?
    This thread started out essentially asking "Why can't we be friends"
    And then it ends in a fight where two heavy posters leave ?

Geez, this is like one of those commercials for the anti-depressant medicines where the side effects are "possible thoughts of suicide"
    The cure is worse than the disease.

If I were the OP, I'd delete this entire thread, but that's just my humble opinion.
    When it comes to online arguments, my philosophy has always been:
    Who's the bigger fool, the fool, or the one who argues with him.

I've also got a few people on my ignore list.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong, and given the tone of this thread, I'm sure someone will let me know about it.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Default This Tread is confusing.

I am soooooooo lost.

Very Happy '08 Spyder RS Owner

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billrob71 View Post

I think this thread started out good and everyone seemed to a agree and couple pages in it went the same direction as a lot of threads here
    I agree and this was defenitely not my intention at all. I apologize to all. Was hoping it would have went in a totally different direction. I will definitely delete this post if people think I should, just figured it would make people think and be constructive, but I think I may have been wrong. Pipe up if you think I should, and I will. Just hoping it can get back to its original intention or just stop, leaving it around might remind us of how we react, but that's JMO.
    Last edited by Netminder; 09-27-2014 at 12:05 AM.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by iSpyder123 View Post
    In regards to Political and Religious topics? OMG..That sure is going to be one huge hot button topic with anyone.
    You really need thick skin to participate in those kinds of forums.
    Everyone has strong beliefs and convictions, some try to push them on to you and you can debate on it forever and ever.
    Things get ugly real fast and the best solution is to agree to disagree, move on and let it become water under the bridge.
    Maybe even stay away from those kinds of conversations.

...just my thoughts and observations.
    Very true...but censorship is not the answer. I know you are not suggesting that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    i get a lot of flak from some of my posts, i pull the post if i find it getting nasty with a lot of people. but to be honest with you, i have been on many forums and i do find this one more sensitive than others. it might be because of our ages and we tend to speak our minds more as we get older than others, but i really don't understand why people can't disagree with the post with out attacking the poster.

religion is something i would never touch because i believe we all have the right to enjoy our faiths no matter what it is. but politics is something i feel that we can discuss with out getting nasty with each other. well i just thought i would put my 2 cents in...
    I agree.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
    I agree and this was defenitely not my intention at all. I apologize to all. Was hoping it would have went in a totally different direction. I will definitely delete this post if people think I should, just figured it would make people think and be constructive, but I think I may have been wrong. Pipe up if you think I should, and I will. Just hoping it can get back to its original intention or just stop, leaving it around might remind us of how we react, but that's JMO.
    My suggestion: Delete the thread. This one caused a lot of rancor and ire, and caused at least four of our family to threaten to leave the site.

I do not think this was a very constructive exercise and I am also sure that we have learned from this experience.

My final solution. Delete the post. Let bygones be bygones. Lets regroup and move on from here.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-27-2014 at 12:35 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dgjason View Post
    I'm sorry, I could not disagree more. I have also been on sites that dwindle to nothing when it is restricted to just tech issues. I enjoy the posts from people like Bob and Mike and many more who keep it light but also add their technical knowledge. If you are down, I think you should let us know so we can pick you up. We might even come over for a ride. Yes, tech is the main purpose but come on guys and gals. Yup..a newbie's 2 1/2 cents (inflation)

Dennis
    Exactly!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default S, D, + R & R!!

My three favorite things, that I Used to live and love for... Broke free, still running.
    I was addicted to uncommitted relationships. Short term lust.

I guess my love for playing and listening to good music is the only one that is ok to discuss here.

So, what are You listening to, tonight? ;-) Frank Zappa here. "Orchestral Favorites"

Good Eats, cooking and doing the dishes... Who likes a greasy mess?
    Had a whole roasted chicken for dinner tonight.
    White on Rice with unsalted butter, mixed frozen Green Giant veggies.
    Enjoyed the hour eating, while I watched "Gotham". For the second time too, it was repeat of last weeks season opener show. The first show of a new exciting program.
    If you like fantasy of this sort. The new series may interest some of you too.

Talked on the phone to an ex girl friend. Did some self talk. Internal cleansing of the soul.
    Feeling a bit down. There were plenty of discussions here tonight. Too bad some feelings were hurt, and I know some of that was my own fault. I even sent a disturbed pm to one lucky member here. That was not proper netiquette. Poor performance. Sad to admit, but true.
    Saying sorry is difficult at times. For some it shows a weakness, but in reality it's actually a great strength.
    I'm sure that in time things will get back to what ever normal is. My time is short here, but it was, with most forums I have ever enjoyed participating in.
    Someone always screwed it up, and made it uncomfortable. No one appreciates being persecuted and then publicly humiliated, unless you are a masochist.

The Sun will shine another day. Smile, it looks good on you.
    Oh by the way, Not interested in discussing religion, politics, or the weather. ;-)

Chas

Spyder Garage

It would be nice if certain topics were not touched upon here. Many times I have wanted to say things but then I don't want to stir the pot. But being a devote Muslim and also a proud American I feel almost second class on this board. The hatred and generalizations that is manifested in many posts towards Muslims nowadays is racist but somehow acceptable. The actions of some misguided knucklehead Muslims is just as much my fault as the actions Hitler did is representative of some everyday German. Geo politics are rampant. But these generalizations are not only acceptable on this forum but seem to be encouraged. Some of these posts literally brings me to tears cuz I am overwhelmed by how I can be categorized with such evil, when that's not me, at least I think it's not me (its always hard to make self assessments of yourself lol)
    At the end of the day people have their beliefs and feelings. And I suppose I can ignore these points and not be so melodramatic. But it would be nice to keep certain topics away from a board that doesn't have much to do with what we all love to do here, RIDE!

My post is not meant to flame. I don't want to be categorized as the terrorist poster also lol.

Faisal

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by iSpyder123 View Post
    After a few members police things and ask the out of line member to 'check' themselves there's still a lot of people that can't tolerate open forum arguments and will just tell the individuals to take it to PM.
    That's usually where it should go (It's private between them) so that the rest of us don't have to see it or read it and watch it continue to disrupt the thread. Once it's taken to PM, you can even report PM messages if it gets that bad. When all else fails ignore the person in your settings.

Sure we all like a bit of drama to read in open forum but it's disruptive and gives the impression that it's tolerated.
    Report the thread if you really want to police things.

Hey, I'm not trying to change the way things are in here or try to make this a super strict forum. I'd like to know the Spyder community aren't hostile and can live in peace and harmony and share and enjoy each others company.
    Sorry (I say politely) I disagree if I am reading you correctly. What you suggest smacks of censorship and that is worse than bickering.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I tire of his spinning wheel posts, and me thinks he's been beaned by a tyre or two.

I know I'll be criticized on this because I'm not a sugar and spice type of person.
    Good - I don't care much for "sugar and spice" type of people. They come across as phony although I know they may not be. Beyond that I agree with your observations.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChasCS View Post
    Oh cheer up, the sun will be back soon, and you will ryde again...

A little salt in my wounds, and I feel normal. ;-) it's only a strangers opinion,,,

WTF do I care?

Or Outch, I felt that... Sorry my thoughts are not up to your high standards, my liege... ;-)

Have a nice day...
    Edit, yes, you are a bad bad person, go to your room, and as 'Bobby' said:

No soup for you...

Hahaha heheh hoho, uh uh...

Chas
    Tell us again because I think I missed it - exactly how old are you?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Well Said!!! Politics , Religion, and controversy DO NOT Belong here!! This was a Great Informative group when I came and Much Information was shared!!! More and More People with Much More knowledge than myself NO LONGER post here and the content is less and less and less? I refuse to participate in a Forum where more and more and more BS is spread rather than the Topic of knowledge.
    Take a Look around ? I post in several Forums where knowledge is giving and taken But I refuse to Post here any longer. I only post this because I believe in what Roger said ABOVE!!!
    Do you think that your threat to not post here any longer bothers anyone?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    I'M SO HAPPY JUST TO BE ALIVE....... REMOVE ALL THOSE FROM YOUR LIVES THAT ARE NEGATIVE....

REMEMBER, AGE HAS A WAY OF KILLING YOU...... SO ENJOY EVERY MOMENT YOU HAVE.....
    DAN P
    EASLEY, SC
    SPYD3R
    As has been said by someone funnier than me "don't worry about old age - it doesn't last that long."

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    My suggestion: Delete the thread. This one caused a lot of rancor and ire, and caused at least four of our family to threaten to leave the site.

I do not think this was a very constructive exercise and I am also sure that we have learned from this experience.

My final solution. Delete the post. Let bygones be bygones. Lets regroup and move on from here.
    I disagree. For this forum to be credible it must be viewed for what it is and that means warts and all. Censorship is not and has never been the answer. As the old saying goes "if you can't stand the heat - get out of the kitchen."