Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default I have been noticing lately.....................

I have been noticing that a lot of threads turn bad quickly lately??? I really like reading up on Spyder news and seeing people get help for their issues, but man lately it is like listening to people hurle abuse at each other. A lot of times I feel like weighing in on the subject but after reading through the posts, just find that it is not worth getting in the middle of it.
    I know we all have our different personalities, but we are all grown ups , and should be able to discuss things without getting pissed off or insulting people. I like to speak my mind as much as anyone, but I also always try to respect other people's opinions as will,,and try to be open minded. I don't know but I guess going through treatments for cancer a couple of years ago made me look at things different. Life is just too short to for petty things like these, I would much rather spend time making friends , riding ,then arguing or name calling. I have heard people put down the French (due to them building the Spyder)on here, say things about Canadians not taking the war on terror serious as will as personal attacks on other members. I sometimes say something if I think the comment is really not justified, but usually keep my trap shut, as most time it is just not worth it. Just hoping we can remember what this forum is all about, helping fellow and new riders, making new friends and enjoying what we all have in common, our spyders. It would make Lamont's job easier.Anyway wanted to say this in a couple of threads lately but decided tonight to start a new one due to the length of this post? I'm done! Sorry for the rant. Have a good weekend and ride safe
    Last edited by Netminder; 09-25-2014 at 10:58 PM.
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

The political situation for the last six years has soured a LOT of people, myself included!
    3:16

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I understand, I am not overly thrilled with ours here in Canada either,but we never are!

Spyder Garage

+100 Unfortunately it happens on a lot of forums but it doesn't have to happen here.
    It really feels like a family atmosphere until one negative post slips through and everyone starts jumping in. Especially the ones who you think wouldn't or shouldn't jump in. It's just like bullying or adding fuel to the fire.
    I just hope the negativeness doesn't continue on here and people encourage one another to contribute and make this place grow bigger than it already is with lots of information. This place is awesome. I hate to see any members, especially newer ones, that might be great contributors leave.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by iSpyder123 View Post
    +100 Unfortunately it happens on a lot of forums but it doesn't have to happen here.
    It really feels like a family atmosphere until one negative post slips through and everyone starts jumping in. Especially the ones who you think wouldn't or shouldn't jump in. It's just like bullying or adding fuel to the fire.
    I just hope the negativeness doesn't continue on here and people encourage one another to contribute and make this place grow bigger than it already is with lots of information. This place is awesome. I hate to see any members, especially newer ones, that might be great contributors leave.
    Well said !

Spyder Garage

In regards to Political and Religious topics? OMG..That sure is going to be one huge hot button topic with anyone.
    You really need thick skin to participate in those kinds of forums.
    Everyone has strong beliefs and convictions, some try to push them on to you and you can debate on it forever and ever.
    Things get ugly real fast and the best solution is to agree to disagree, move on and let it become water under the bridge.
    Maybe even stay away from those kinds of conversations.

...just my thoughts and observations.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by iSpyder123 View Post
    In regards to Political and Religious topics? OMG..That sure is going to be one huge hot button topic with anyone.
    You really need thick skin to participate in those kinds of forums.
    Everyone has strong beliefs and convictions, some try to push them on to you and you can debate on it forever and ever.
    Things get ugly real fast and the best solution is to agree to disagree, move on and let it become water under the bridge.
    Maybe even stay away from those kinds of conversations.

...just my thoughts and observations.
    Agreed, but it happens on many threads that are neither political or religious, I just used a couple of examples, a lot are Spyder issues!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
    Agreed, but it happens on many threads that are neither political or religious, I just used a couple of examples, a lot are Spyder issues!

I agree with you and I too have seen them break out in regular topics. It can get nasty.
    I'm glad you took a stand to start a thread on it. I'm sure all of us support you too. I was just mentioning the political and religious topic as a side note. (I should have mentioned that part)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Glad you guys posted! So it is not just me then?

Spyder Garage

i get a lot of flak from some of my posts, i pull the post if i find it getting nasty with a lot of people. but to be honest with you, i have been on many forums and i do find this one more sensitive than others. it might be because of our ages and we tend to speak our minds more as we get older than others, but i really don't understand why people can't disagree with the post with out attacking the poster.

religion is something i would never touch because i believe we all have the right to enjoy our faiths no matter what it is. but politics is something i feel that we can discuss with out getting nasty with each other. well i just thought i would put my 2 cents in...
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default Have to agree..!!

Very well said and I agree. I try to get in early before threads deteriorate or get way off track. I am always positive and have been called on for it but find that the spyder has made life fun and I like helping others get that from theirs whenever I can. Thanks for pointing this out..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well said...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

with all that's been said and you guys already know my feelings on the subject. If it can't be discussed in a friendly way, I just get out of the conversation or avoid it all together. This is a "brotherhood" and we should all be here to help each other.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattigan_Roger View Post
    There are reasons that this forum has this stated rule:

Zero Tolerance- NO Political Post. Keep it clean and no personal attacks. Any profanity, sexual content or personal attacks or threats will be removed and the user may lose their privilege to use this site.
    Roger,

I hate to say this (not really), in my opinion there have been a number of posts that have turned into posts with political overtones, and Lamont has let them go, for whatever reason. To me, any post that hints at relating to someone in public office verges on political, and when it turns negative toward that same official, it's definitely gone political. JMO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

HEY EVERYONE!! GROUP HUG TIME...

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Rattigan_Roger;879994]There are reasons that this forum has this stated rule:

Zero Tolerance- NO Political Post. Keep it clean and no personal attacks. Any profanity, sexual content or personal attacks or threats will be removed and the user may lose their privilege to use this site.

Can't disagree with any of this. I hope that the, tongue in cheek, comments that are made are not being attacked. I for one enjoy that type of banter and think it only make this forum not only informative but also fun. If you all want to eliminate that, I will just bid all a goodby and move on.

Dennis

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Nice to see people's comments! It is not the tongue in cheek comments, it is the personal attacks and nasty comments. I think we are all better then that! Thanks for the hug Bob, brought back my camp days!
    Last edited by Netminder; 09-26-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ????????

Quote Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
    Nice to see people's comments! It is not the tongue in cheek comments, it is the personal attacks and nasty comments. I think we are all better then that!
    ..........I big to differ about " TONGUE IN CHEEK COMMENTS ", I probably make more of those than any one ,two ,or three Spyderlover's combined. The problem as I see it is, People no longer seem to understand what they have just read. Some of my posts are so totally mis-construed it boggles my mind. I have asked repeatedly for people to re-read my post and show me where I Said something " NASTY " to the other person.....To date no one has been able to do so ......Book reading has been on the decline for decades now and I think the reason is .....Books require the reader to conjure a mental picture from what they just read .....I don't think people can do this anymore ............I really don't like being accused of something I haven't done and I also won't tolerate people who " stick their thumb in my eye " so to speak.....I completely agree with you about the conduct of some Spyderlovers on this Forum ( non-members can't post ).....I think there has been a change in who posts regularly and who doesn't ......I personally miss a lot of the Former posters ..............Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 09-26-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    .............I think there has been a change in who posts regularly and who doesn't ......I personally miss a lot of the Former posters ..............Mike
    How about a little more detail Mike ??

Dennis

Spyder Garage

Default when you think about it

how many friends do you have that would argue about a sports team or game. being Italian, how many family dinners have had fights start over really stupid things like momma used to make it this way and not that way some people call it censorship i call it disagreement. we could argue about water, beer, the space race, murder, etc, we all have opinions. to just talk about motorcycles becomes boring some times. i have even seen posts on here about our bikes or products become locked down so no more comments can be added and than they just disappear. so at what point do we just sign on and start a tread about what kind of day it is going to be for us with the beautiful blue sky and someone will say the sky is not blue. we just all need to calm down and disagree peaceably but yet carry on a informative conversation about a subject with out getting personal. you you feel the need to say something bad to a poster than do it in private like i have began doing with some of the attacks that i have been through, and pull the post if you feel it is going too far rather than leave it up just to antagonize the people that don't like it.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

" stick there thumb in my eye "

Spyder Garage

Over 15,000 members, and everyone has a bad day, occasionally . . . but, yeah, sometimes, it seems to be a bit over the top. It would be a shame to see this great site deteriorate like some of the forums I've left, because the trolls took over on them . . . It is Spyderlovers, after all . . .

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We all should be pretty much on the same side...

Spyder Garage

I go to several forums that focus on currant events and religious topics and this country is more divided than ever.
    I like to go here to get away from that and focus on all things Spyder. As long as we stay on topic we will be fine.
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Great thread great topic. Personally I have been attacked on here twice, I did get an apology from one in a private message. I wonder why there are what over 40000 members and its always the same 2 or 300 people who post. When I got hammered on for a comment I made I left this site and didn't visit for quite a while. I have completely change the look of my 2011 rt and have never posted any farkles I have done. I do post to FaceBook but I didn't put any photo's here. I didn't go to Lamont with what happened, were all adults here we can sort it out. Maybe all the new people are afraid a bit to post when there is a lot of negativity floating around, you know the saying There are no Stupid Questions, I myself dont reply all that often but I do read the post's on here. I own 2 spyders now 2011 rt 2013 sts and soon 2015 f3. I need to keep up with all the Good Information lol. We should try to keep this site as professional as possible, keep it to Spyder topics only. There are other forums for all the Other Stuff that comes up here once in a while. From this site alone I have gained enough knowledge to tare my Spyder apart to do all the work I have done to it, there really is great info here and there are really great people here to, lets keep it that way.
    Love the 3 wheels way of life

2011 RT Limited

Mods

Custom vinyl wrap
    Two brothers exhaust
    custom glo riders
    carbon fiber dash kit(orange)
    2013 15 inch wheels powder coated orange
    all factory castings powder coated orange
    Elka's
    Baha Ron sway bar(will be powder coated orange next winter)
    Spyder pops (every thing he has for the rt)
    Lamonts hiway pegs