Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Mac is the ONLY to go. Easy to use, no need for virus protection, no disk to load, no long boot up process, no restarting all the times.

Cedrick
    Sent using Tapatalk

Very Active Member MidLifeCrisis's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cedrick View Post
    Mac is the ONLY to go. Easy to use, no need for virus protection, no disk to load, no long boot up process, no restarting all the times.

Cedrick
    Sent using Tapatalk
    You'd better believe you need virus protection! Hackers are looking to get information regardless of your platform and since Macs are becoming more prevalent, more viruses are written for them every day. I use Trend Internet Security. There isn't a day that goes by it doesn't block a questionable cookie. That may not be a virus, but most of the personal data lost these days are from cookies. There are temporary cookies and permanent ones. The questionable cookies try to extract information from both, but they are really interested in the temporary ones, since they tend to hold financial info.
    Best to be safe.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Same reason iphones are not allowed on many large corporate networks. Security Risk.
    Exactly why my company dropped Android, as have most of our competitors and subs. Can't control them or lock them down. There's this brand and that brand, this model with a twist or that model. Check a box and you can download "nice" apps from anywhere in the world. No one can stop you. We can control iPhones and iPads. If they are jailbroken, they can't get on the network. We know what version they are running and can test mobile apps on one platform, so it hugely reduces our cost and support.

I hear about iOS insecurity on the web all the time, but when I'm at a tech conference, most everyone is on iOS devices.

Don't get me wrong, I was a major android hold-out, but was forced onto iPhone. Now that I'm there, I find myself using it, instead of wondering what went worng and why it stopped doing this or that. Still like the flexibility of Android. It is however nice to have your updates come from the manufacturer, instead of the bloatware pushed by the carrier....a year after you already ditched your phone. Does not apply to Nexus phones, since all updates come directly from Google.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stillriding View Post
    Thanks again everyone. I now have an iMac. All I have to do now is figure out how to transfer info from my old computer and magnify the screen (not size of screen, but what's on it).
    I used "Migration Assistant" (Launchpad/Other/Migration Assistant) to transfer info from a Windows 7 PC to my iMac. "View" at top left of screen to adjust/increase items on screen. (command+)
    Phil
    2014 RTS / SE6 Yellow

YouTube Channel
    MotoVlog

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by roddenby51 View Post
    I used "Migration Assistant" (Launchpad/Other/Migration Assistant) to transfer info from a Windows 7 PC to my iMac. "View" at top left of screen to adjust/increase items on screen. (command+)
    Rod, I saw the Migration Assistant but wouldn't I need an additional "cord" since both computers have to be plugged into the modem/router?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stillriding View Post
    Rod, I saw the Migration Assistant but wouldn't I need an additional "cord" since both computers have to be plugged into the modem/router?
    Correct!
    Phil
    2014 RTS / SE6 Yellow

YouTube Channel
    MotoVlog

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPY View Post
    He owns 40+ car dealerships, I work at 12 of them...just not on any computers.
    I want your job.

Spyder Garage