Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kpuckett1 View Post
    I am sure glad I bought my ST-S this summer because the new colorations make the 2015s look like 3 wheeled clown cars!
    I like those color combos. But, they would be more appropriate on a Ducati...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I found BRP's inspiration!!

Spyder Garage

HaHaHa I laugh at all you Old Farts(sorry had to say it). As I am the ripe young age of 48 I love the new colors, and the fact that im an artist also allows me to see the whole picture. I trully think the new colors are awesome and if I had the money I would buy one of each of the rss spyders. If you goggle hot rods you will see the color combo's they used all sprayed on the same vehicles, maybe it's white and green paint with an orange pin stripe or vise versa, these colors do work together. I have been called some pretty bad things on the Spyder but as owners when we bash our own kind that's pretty sad in my eyes. I left a pretty nasty reply on BRP facebook page about people bashing the F3, one person calls it a lwanmower and a whole whack of people get on the bandwagon. You know maybe just open your eyes look around at what people are doing in the world of vinyl wraps and paint for that matter and you will see some pretty cool stuff. Like a few others here said it would be boring if all Spyders were black and white.
    Love the 3 wheels way of life

2011 RT Limited

Mods

Custom vinyl wrap
    Two brothers exhaust
    custom glo riders
    carbon fiber dash kit(orange)
    2013 15 inch wheels powder coated orange
    all factory castings powder coated orange
    Elka's
    Baha Ron sway bar(will be powder coated orange next winter)
    Spyder pops (every thing he has for the rt)
    Lamonts hiway pegs

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    The blue STL is really nice. My wife loves the colour. As for the other combinations.....not so much. There are a lot of younger riders that love the colours they are using and I think they will sell. I do have to say that the colours that they use are distinctly French in origin. I work in Gatineau Quebec and I see many of those colours in their artwork and homes. The dark red and black on the RTS-S is awesome. My wife wishes that they would put that on a STL. Who knows, maybe I will be painting her STL sometime.
    Better use a good brush & take your time, or Deb will send you to the Clown Car. Clown Car.gif
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by joshuaberryhill View Post
    To advise any spyder owners that can am is putting your safety at risk and anyone you have as a passenger. There selling old part number tires to us to get rid of what they know is a bad tire, and has been issued an update on new tires but wants it hush hush. Sorry if I interrupted your forum bit thought you owners should know to check your tires before you ride because your lives depend on it. I would absolutely want to know if I was at risk with no knowledge.....
    Isn't this dejavu all over again? This is the Clown Thread, start another one or add to your first one.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderrock View Post
    HaHaHa I laugh at all you Old Farts(sorry had to say it). As I am the ripe young age of 48 I love the new colors, and the fact that im an artist also allows me to see the whole picture. I trully think the new colors are awesome and if I had the money I would buy one of each of the rss spyders. If you goggle hot rods you will see the color combo's they used all sprayed on the same vehicles, maybe it's white and green paint with an orange pin stripe or vise versa, these colors do work together. I have been called some pretty bad things on the Spyder but as owners when we bash our own kind that's pretty sad in my eyes. I left a pretty nasty reply on BRP facebook page about people bashing the F3, one person calls it a lwanmower and a whole whack of people get on the bandwagon. You know maybe just open your eyes look around at what people are doing in the world of vinyl wraps and paint for that matter and you will see some pretty cool stuff. Like a few others here said it would be boring if all Spyders were black and white.
    Very good points. Some of the "bashing" about a the lawnmower thing and the "clown" colors is mostly good natured fun on a sometimes slow day. I have joked about the lawnmower and the clown appeal. Not meant as anti F3 or RS-S at all. I was one who came on early when the actual bashing started and said I liked the F3 a lot.

The F3 looks mean just standing still. I can't buy one because I have two spyders already.

The new colors on the RS-S really stand out. Would I buy a color tricked out version--not really. I am a RT fuddy duddy for sure. Would I buy a tricked out colored version of the RT--maybe--would depend on my mood the day I go in for a purchase--if they were offered that way. I did not like the root beer brown color at first and my mind was changed when I saw one glistening in the sun.

A few comments were genuinely anti--but most were made by people with similar opinions to mine.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-26-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Leasing?

BRP its time for leasing to come into play, F3 today F4 Hurricane tomorrow or was that the F5 model? Slingshot anyone?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Isn't this dejavu all over again? This is the Clown Thread, start another one or add to your first one.
    I think that this clown just felt right at home in here too...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    I see you started a new thread about the subject. That's a better way to go. We have to get through this clown thing.
    ya! Stop clowning around
    2016 RT Ltd. , Pearl White