Spyder Garage

Default Ride-on tire sealant

I am new to the Spyder community. I saw a video about the Ride-on product. I have two questions, does it really work as a sealant, and does it really serve to balance my tires? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbeau View Post
    I am new to the Spyder community. I saw a video about the Ride-on product. I have two questions, does it really work as a sealant, and does it really serve to balance my tires? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
    I like it / it works

Spyder Garage

Default Ride On

I put it in all three tires and am very happy with it. If it saves me having a flat it is worth every penny. I still carry my tire plug kit and 12v compressor in case someone else has a flat.

Spyder Garage

I have used ride on for years. I have found objects embedded in tires when they finally wore out that would have caused flats without the ride on.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Default Tire Mess

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    I have used ride on for years. I have found objects embedded in tires when they finally wore out that would have caused flats without the ride on.
    What kind of mess is caused when changing tires ?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dgjason View Post
    No mess. Totally washes away with soap & water. And no worries of corrosion on the wheel either. Great product. Get some for peace of mind, and you won't be sorry.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Ghost View Post
    Do you use the motorcycle or car ride on?
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dgjason View Post
    The tech that changed out my last tires said that the gel pretty much stayed in the tire. I did give him a heads up that it was there, but I haven't always done that in the past but no shop has ever voiced any displeasure because of that.

I have ridden out having a rear tire go flat suddenly a couple of times. It is not a fun ride so anything I will use anything that will keep me from going through that again. Cleaning up gel from a tire change is a lot easier than healing up from injuries caused by the bike going down.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i expect it dries into a gooey gel like conti seal tires do. it sounds interesting to me

Spyder Garage

I used the MC version misty recently because that was what was really available. I wouldn't have a problem with using the auto stuff in the Spyder.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

I believe a few have contacted the company and they rep had stated that the automotive version should be used but I would call them and make sure.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    I believe a few have contacted the company and they rep had stated that the automotive version should be used but I would call them and make sure.
    Thank you. I am placing my order now.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I use the conticomfortkit, it has flat fix stuff & mini compressor

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    that is what the company tech told me to use. The only side effect that I have is that when the Spyder is not used for a few days the sealant settles to the bottom of the tire. It then takes a few miles for it to rebalance. Overall I like it and if it keeps me from having a flat that is a big plus.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I Use it and I like it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    I Use it and I like it!
    Are there any downsides to using this product?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Motorcycle shop near me will install the rear tire for me but can't balance it for 1 reason or another. Can i add this stuff through the valve stem to balance the tire? cheaper alternative?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbeau View Post
    Are there any downsides to using this product?
    The only downside I found is when you take it out to get the gel distributed it feels like you are riding with bricks. But the gel gets distributed fairly soon and I've had only smooth riding after that.

Quote Originally Posted by 12RT View Post
    Motorcycle shop near me will install the rear tire for me but can't balance it for 1 reason or another. Can i add this stuff through the valve stem to balance the tire? cheaper alternative?
    It is added through the valve stem. Some use it as the only means of balancing, and if you go to the website I believe that they claim it balances your tires. Ride On is not necessarily cheap, but if you search the forum you may find a discount code if ordered online.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

If your tires are already balanced do you pull the weights off when you add the Ride-On?? I just had new tires put on my Victory and the front tire has a little vibration in it. The rear tire is good and the tires on the Spyder ride smooth as well but I want to add Ride for the sealing ability.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post
    If your tires are already balanced do you pull the weights off when you add the Ride-On?? I just had new tires put on my Victory and the front tire has a little vibration in it. The rear tire is good and the tires on the Spyder ride smooth as well but I want to add Ride for the sealing ability.
    No... you do not pull the existing weights off.

Ride-On balanced my tires when the Service Dept. couldn't. I highly recommend it.

2014 RT-Limited--------------2013 RT-S---------------------2011 RT--------------------

Spyder Garage

Default Ride on

Can anyone explain the process of how to install it in the tire,ie: do the tires need to be flat with no air in them , do they need to be off the bike,do any existing weights need to be removed ?
    thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Ride on

My original tires never were correctly balanced. Bought ride-on and it got worse. Ended taking weights off and ride on did the job in 10 miles. The front tires had 12 weights on one tire and 4 on the other. Bought set of black wheels that were new take-offs. Ride on worked ok for bal because tires were ok to begin with. I've got 50,000 miles and have yet to buy new set of front tires. 6,000+ miles on my 4th rear tire. About 98% of ride on is in the tire itself and when switching fronts at 12000 or so, you don't have to add or re-do the ride on, just put the tires on ther opposite wheels and "ride-on!" Use it and you'll be a happy camper. Both OEM tires got about12,500 miles, Khumos get about about 18,000 miles for $80 each, about 1/2 price of a Kenda. Ride on folks had a special before Christmas last year, lots of savings.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Genet View Post
    Can anyone explain the process of how to install it in the tire,ie: do the tires need to be flat with no air in them , do they need to be off the bike,do any existing weights need to be removed ?
    thanks
    It comes with instructions, however, the following are the steps off the top of my head:

Set the valve at 12 o'clock
    Remove the valve stem
    Squeeze the appropriate amount of Ride-on into the tire
    Shoot some air into the valve to clear the Ride-On
    Replace the valve stem
    Air the tire up to the proper PSI
    Go for a short ride to distribute the gel around the tire.

You can go to the ride on website to get the recommended amount or do a search on SL.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture