Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

No more yellow/black?? Don't get me wrong, the f3 is nice, but I was disappointed they just slapped on the old style dash cluster. Other than that, I wasn't really all that blown away by the new st/rs/rt color schemes. I believe I'll hang on to my '13 sts for now.

Spyder Garage

Does anyone else think the price is a little high for what you are getting? I love then new look but throw in some accessories that are included with other models and it becomes a high price tag. Think they are about 1,500 high for base model. Was thinking of trading in my 2008 sm5 for this but at that price not worth it to me..too bad, like the riding position and look of front. I think if they also should of lowered the price because I think they might lose some people to the slingshot. Both base models are the same price. Unless there is some rebate going on I can't justify upgrading.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ccol View Post
    The touring package looks good.....
    http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/genuine...e-package.html
    As long as I don't look at the front, this looks good. Still think the 08-10 RS will be quicker unless they reworked the 1330. I do like the red RTL, but then I'm not an RT person. Another year and still nothing there to want me to trade in for something new. When they hit the showrooms I will look, but I will be also looking at the Slingshot.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm embarrassed at this point to be a spyder owner.....wtf was BRP thinking with that green, orange and white color combo for the rs/st.

I also agree that with an F3, it really makes you wonder why someone would choose an ST.

Spyder Garage

like the red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The new Red, sure looks like a beautiful, rich color!
    Time to start finding out when we can actualy see the bikes. (And ride them!)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The red RT is a nice color for sure!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Frunklid Button is Back.jpg We're getting our Frunklid Button Back!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ccol View Post
    The touring package looks good.....
    http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/genuine...e-package.html
    That is one that I have to see in person. Then I can decide if I will be serious about an F-3 or a left over 2014 RT-L!

Spyder Garage

Default Totally agree!!

Quote Originally Posted by StanProff View Post
    I agree, no blue. that's sad. The red could grow on me though. I do like the darker red.
    Dark red would have been nice.

This is my "other ride"..._Steve on Road King 2[1].jpg
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I watched the videos of the various packages. They have nice overviews of the features of the various packages, but they forgot to translate the muscle/attitude one into English! http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/genuine...nd-videos.html

I'll consider the F3 when/if it comes time to replace my '14 RTS if:
    • it will accept a hitch to pull a trailer
    • they offer some different colors
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Thanks for posting this Bro. I've got meetings all week and little time to stop in but I can tell you all more when I get back home. Some very exciting things are in the work.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by iSpyder123 View Post
    2015 Can-Am Spyder RT in that color Red looks nice.
    I do not like it. It is Burgandy or wine color not a true red.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well; I LIKE the new Red!
    Whatever you want to call it!

Spyder Garage

Default 2015 Colors

Non Spyder owner here......Hasn't anyone told BRP that orange and black have already been used by a somewhat famous two name motorcycle company? All kidding aside , I have been thinking about buying a new Cam Am and I was waiting to see what the 2015 release would bring. Unfortunately, there really isn't much to be excited about. Okay so the new F-3 can smoke the rear tire, big deal. Not only did the Can Am designers pick a Harley color scheme for the F-3 they also used a Ducati style design with the contrasting color frame parts. Looking at the front end of the F-3 reminds me of a Chrysler 300 or Dodge pickup truck....big, bulky looking nose. Too much nose in fact, making it look very front end heavy and out of proportion to the rest of the vehicle. Sorry all, just my opinion.

The rest of the lineup is pretty much status quo and again many of the color options leave an awful lot to be desired. Guess I will have to wait for the 2016 line up.

Rick H.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rick H. View Post
    Non Spyder owner here......Hasn't anyone told BRP that orange and black have already been used by a somewhat famous two name motorcycle company?
    They have??? XR-750.jpg

Spyder Garage

Default 2015 F3

In reply to Rick H. I also am a non spyder owner at this time. I also plan on buying a spyder in 2015. I not only like the looks of the F3 but feel it has given me 2 benefits. I want to buy a spyder with the new ace engine. So I can buy a new F3 at around
    $20,000.00 or a 2014 left over at a discount. So its a win win situation for me.

Spyder Garage

Default RS 1330

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Thanks for posting this Bro. I've got meetings all week and little time to stop in but I can tell you all more when I get back home. Some very exciting things are in the work.

Lamonte;
    i hope that one of the things
    'in the works' is an RS with the 1330.... pass that along to the BRP people... a lot of us were hoping '15 would be our year....
    Dan P
    Easley, SC
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Love the red and black RT, but still prefer our Cognac!
    3:16

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    As an owner of 2014 RT-S, I'm somewhat glad that they seem to have kept that Spyder the same - I don't feel like I wish I'd waited a year (although I do like the red, but with the yellow I chose still around, my 2014 is virtually identical from what I can tell to the 2015).

What most surprises me is that a base line ST is $19,200 and the base F3 is $19,500 with the 1330 engine. Once one adds a windshield, I'm not sure I can see much reason to buy an ST over the F3, although perhaps some people won't like the new style (I do - I've love to see the RT with the full passenger backrest and storage eventually restyled on the aesthetic of the F3).

If I've read everything correctly, the F3 is essentially the same specs as the RT in terms of power and performance, although I would think the lower sitting position would help with the ride.

Perhaps Can-Am can only do one big change per year, which is why the RT and ST are unchanged. I wouldn't be surprised if they are looking at RS and ST sales to decide on what to bring back next year. If that is a question mark for them then it makes perfect sense that they've left them unchanged.

A lot of you are much deeper into this than I am and I'd be curious to know more about what others are thinking or what others may have caught that I didn't about the new lineup.
    As I look at the F3 I have a hard time envisioning a top case that looks decent unless they offer a mono seat and integrated top case of sorts.... Sorry, but I love me my top case and the ST actually looks good with one.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dguisinger View Post
    Not too impressed....
    I was hoping for a new RS with bigger engine....

Those "custom" color themes are pretty ugly, I'm assuming the different pieces are mix-and-match panels you can have the dealer put on... kind of like the Spark's customization.
    I don't know that people were clamoring for that

what about an ACE engine for better fuel efficiency?
    what about a more reliable transmission since my 2012 has been in the shop non stop for 2 years

this doesn't look innovative at all, i was on the fence whether or not to ditch my 2012 by upgrading to a 2015 or going to a Slingshot. BRP has not upped their game, and unless I find the F3 to be a good replacement for the RSS I have, I doubt I'll be buying a new Spyder anytime soon...
    The F3 may capture a bit more market for Can-am, and I hope it does, but I still prefer the look of the RT. As for the rest of the new line-up, nothing much else has really changed at all. I like the darker red color, but the rest of the 2015 colors don't do anything for me.

Actually, this year's new models make me appreciate my 2013 RTL even more - especially since it has the unique Lava Bronze color and tan seat that they no longer make. Looks like I'll be keeping mine for a while and putting my money into making it even better. I've already made good strides toward resolving the heat, and yesterday I ordered Lamont's Cat Bypass, which I'm hoping will make it cooler yet, while improving the torque and deepening the exhaust sound.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WackyDan View Post
    As I look at the F3 I have a hard time envisioning a top case that looks decent unless they offer a mono seat and integrated top case of sorts.... Sorry, but I love me my top case and the ST actually looks good with one.
    There is a mono seat cowl with 1 gal storage.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    There is a mono seat cowl with 1 gal storage.
    Would have to see it... But 1 gallon is small when I have a 46 liter top case currently.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WackyDan View Post
    Dan, the description of your ST sounds interesting. Can you post the picture?
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Right now I'm not in the market for a new Spyder (maybe in the next 18 - 24 months). With that said, I love the look and styling of the F3 and I see a F3-S in my future. Some points it has against it for me is:

1. PRICE. Loaded this baby will cost you more than a RT-S with far less features and storage. Then you all might say "just get a RT." No. The hubby has a RT and I am not comfortable on it and I do not really enjoy riding it as much as my 2008 GS SM5. I was just hoping with what little this thing has (yes, the U-Fit customization and 1330 triple is nice), that the price would be more closer to that of the RS ($17,000 - $20,000).

2. STORAGE SPACE. Less storage space that a RS?? REALLY??? I travel and tour a lot on my Spyder and I need more space than that. I don't like having to load the thing up with strapped on luggage.

Other than these two things (so far), I really do love it! I love styling, I love how it doesn't look like a snowmobile on wheels anymore, I love the fuel door on the tank, and I love the open nekkidness to the body. This will be easier to work on than my GS I'm sure. And I love the low maintenance and longer range of the 1330 motor and am very happy that BRP put that motor in something more RS-like.

With all that said.... I will be sitting back and waiting. See what issues arise, see what aftermarket accessories come to fruitition. I am excited to see this next chapter in the Can-Am Spyder and am glad I am along for the ride.

Keep calm and RIDE A SPYDER!!
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue