Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StanProff View Post
    I didn't see anything on the ST, where is it?
    Check out Lamonster Garage Gallery

http://lamonstergarage.com/my15st/

Spyder Garage

Where is the st info?
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRx View Post
    Where is the st info?
    Check out Lamonster Garage Gallery

http://lamonstergarage.com/my15st/

Spyder Garage

Default Answers the storage/backrest question

We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post

That F3 looks so much nicer with the storage and backrest.

Spyder Garage

Not too impressed....
    I was hoping for a new RS with bigger engine....

Those "custom" color themes are pretty ugly, I'm assuming the different pieces are mix-and-match panels you can have the dealer put on... kind of like the Spark's customization.
    I don't know that people were clamoring for that

what about an ACE engine for better fuel efficiency?
    what about a more reliable transmission since my 2012 has been in the shop non stop for 2 years

this doesn't look innovative at all, i was on the fence whether or not to ditch my 2012 by upgrading to a 2015 or going to a Slingshot. BRP has not upped their game, and unless I find the F3 to be a good replacement for the RSS I have, I doubt I'll be buying a new Spyder anytime soon...

Current Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2015 Spyder F3-S with Heated Handle Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Fog Lights, 12V port, Akrapovic Exhaust, Driver and Passenger Backrests

Previous Spyder:
    "Can-Am Red"/Black 2012 Spyder RS-S with Can-Am Comfort Seat, Comfort Grips, Rigid Saddle Bags, HID lights, Fog Lghts, 12V Accessory port, Trunk Liner, Hindle exhaust, Flash2Pass, SpyderPops BumpSkid, Side Grilles, Missing Air Dam, Air Management System, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Default 2015 Can-Am Freedom Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default 2015 Can-Am Spyder Accessories and Riding Gear

Spyder Garage

Sorry to rain on the parade but the colour combos on the rs and rt are making me ill ! Keeping my 09 Phantom and by the looks of the 015's, for quite awhile.

Spyder Garage

As well as windshield
    2014 Silver Platinum ST Limited: Mods so far: fog lights, passenger backrest, ultimate seat w/driver backrest, rivco drink holder bracket with ram x-grip cell phone holder

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Accessories

Thanks for finding this picture. Couldn't find anything on the F3 accessories and was extremely disappointed to not see the ST getting the 1330. The F3 on the left appears to have the major things I would want to tour on the F3 - small windscreen, saddlebags, and a trailer hitch. Looks like I'll be good to go! Well, guess I can quite tell if the trailer hitch is there- fingers crossed.
    Last edited by SpyderGTL; 09-23-2014 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Updated comment regarding trailer hitch.
    - Carl

2017 Can Am F3-L (current ryde)
    2015 Can Am F3-S (previous ryde)
    2012 BMW K1600 (previous ride)
    2016 Can Am F3-T (wife's)

Spyder Garage

To me the F3 is an oversized RS, finally with reasonable comfort, but none of the RTs utility, and priced way above my RT for similar features. However, for many, it will be an interesting toy, and will probably supplant the RSS - IF the accessories are on a par.

I do like the new RTs red color, but it looks like its only available on the LTD... and the RS is maintained as a 990 and as the "entry level" machine... All in all, I'm happy I bought my '14...
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 09-23-2014 at 10:50 PM.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    To me the F3 is an oversized RS, finally with reasonable comfort, but none of the RTs utility. However, for many, it will be an interesting toy, and will probably supplant the RSS - IF the accessories are on a par.

I do like the new RTs red color, but it looks like its only available on the LTD... and the RS is maintained as a 990 and as the "entry level" machine... All in all, I'm happy I bought my '14...
    There is a touring version of the F3 which is pretty much what everyone who wants to tour after buying an RS turns it into. Bags, Floorboards, Backrest, and windshield. Infact it would probably replace the ST as well.

Spyder Garage

As an owner of 2014 RT-S, I'm somewhat glad that they seem to have kept that Spyder the same - I don't feel like I wish I'd waited a year (although I do like the red, but with the yellow I chose still around, my 2014 is virtually identical from what I can tell to the 2015).

What most surprises me is that a base line ST is $19,200 and the base F3 is $19,500 with the 1330 engine. Once one adds a windshield, I'm not sure I can see much reason to buy an ST over the F3, although perhaps some people won't like the new style (I do - I've love to see the RT with the full passenger backrest and storage eventually restyled on the aesthetic of the F3).

If I've read everything correctly, the F3 is essentially the same specs as the RT in terms of power and performance, although I would think the lower sitting position would help with the ride.

Perhaps Can-Am can only do one big change per year, which is why the RT and ST are unchanged. I wouldn't be surprised if they are looking at RS and ST sales to decide on what to bring back next year. If that is a question mark for them then it makes perfect sense that they've left them unchanged.

A lot of you are much deeper into this than I am and I'd be curious to know more about what others are thinking or what others may have caught that I didn't about the new lineup.
    Last edited by MRH; 09-23-2014 at 11:03 PM. Reason: typos and clarity

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What they changed the trailer but didn't change the wiring harness! Could it be that the trailer will actually be compatible with the 2014 wiring harness? Amazing.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I guess the Cognac is gone for the 2015 RT Limited with the addition of the Red and Yellow in its place.
    I really want to see the red in person.

Spyder Garage

Love the ST limited in the light blue and the black and red RT.

Im a RSS guy but gotta say NOT liking the orange with the other colors. No RS engine up-grade just ugly color combos

The F3 looks good in the all orange and black.
    Last edited by billrob71; 09-23-2014 at 11:34 PM.

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billrob71 View Post
    Love the ST limited in the light blue and the black and red RT.

Im a RSS guy but gotta say NOT liking the orange with the other colors. No RS engine up-grade just ugly color combos

The F3 looks good in the all orange and black.
    I think the RSS color combos are not very appealing and wonder who their target market is.
    They could have offered a blue in the RT line up.
    I thought for sure The ST would get the 1330 ACE engine but than again that would be cutting into their new cruiser territory.

I'm not sure if they did it or do it but they really need to get more involved with the Spyder crowd on all social platforms and start polling and asking what we would like to see. I think more people will think this was more hype and less wow. (F3 = Wow)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by iSpyder123 View Post
    I think the RSS color combos are not very appealing and wonder who their target market is.
    They could have offered a blue in the RT line up.
    I thought for sure The ST would get the 1330 ACE engine but than again that would be cutting into their new cruiser territory.

I'm not sure if they did it or do it but they really need to get more involved with the Spyder crowd on all social platforms and start polling and asking what we would like to see. I think more people will think this was more hype and less wow. (F3 = Wow)
    I agree the RSS color combos, not diggin ,(TARGET CROWD COLORED BLIND)?
    Still lovin my green and not having any second thoughts about changing, but if that blue and black was by it'self with out the orange it would be a better looking bike. RSS and the ST should of had some powerplant up-grade.

F3 well not a bad bike but more coin and 50 plus more in weight. New sport cruiser PASS

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Spyder Garage

Default All I can say..!!

Is Ho Hum...outside of the F3 being a new model a splash of color and done.....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default 2015 Can-Am Spyder Line Up

I am impressed with the new stuff, but I am stayin' with my '14 RT L
    2014 RT L Lightin' LeeRoy
    1980 CM 400A
    1982 CM 450A
    [/SIGPIC]Lightnin' LeeRoy

Registered Users Top End Unlimited's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Left side controls

I would like to know what the left side control that raises and lowers the windshield on my RT is doing on the F3 ? Does it operate something else or is it an nitro boost button. Just saying...

Spyder Garage

Default The f3 touring package...

The touring package looks good.....
    http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/genuine...e-package.html

Spyder Garage

I have remained open minded about the F3, but have no intentions to purchase one. With the release and now many different angles and videos, I personally am not on board with the front styling or exposed frame tubes. Sorry but it's not the colors just the overall style.

Based on the riders in the video, the clothing and the girls, a target group is shown.

I did sort out the RTs SS thing. The idea is sound, but not sure if short windshield and black bodywork is it either. If anything, they seemed to learn the RTs was popular and maybe trying to capture some of the mods in house rather than let the aftermarket cash in.

The comments about colors and such, well some are nice, some combos not so nice. Some almost appear to be wanting to appeal to the younger market as some suggested.

I did not find the popular Cognac color. Honestly, while neat, BRP was a few years late to the party when they released it. Most automakers had already been using it for several years.

Many of the 2015 combinations are not typical of wha consumers of road vehicles typically see, more a following towards the ATV line and color choices there.

If BRP is trying for a younger market, they may need to lower the price.

Also, FWIW, the IT, web design guys and girls, or marketing people need to do better proof reading of what they send out. Found some schoolboy mistakes that bleeds poor quality and inexperience.

PK

Spyder Garage

I commend Can-Am for testing the waters with the F3. It would seem this model caters to those focused on aesthetics and customization and if it's a popular design it could become the norm.
    One of the big pluses in the older design for me is the storage space which the F3 has cut in place of a redesigned aggressive body design.
    Oh, and what's up with the dash cluster? There is a new computer display. I wonder if there are any new features included in regards to that?

Well nothing earth shattering for me. I'm gonna go finalize purchasing a 2014 RT now that I know what's ahead.