Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGirl View Post
    Right now I'm not in the market for a new Spyder (maybe in the next 18 - 24 months). With that said, I love the look and styling of the F3 and I see a F3-S in my future. Some points it has against it for me is:

1. PRICE. Loaded this baby will cost you more than a RT-S with far less features and storage. Then you all might say "just get a RT." No. The hubby has a RT and I am not comfortable on it and I do not really enjoy riding it as much as my 2008 GS SM5. I was just hoping with what little this thing has (yes, the U-Fit customization and 1330 triple is nice), that the price would be more closer to that of the RS ($17,000 - $20,000).

2. STORAGE SPACE. Less storage space that a RS?? REALLY??? I travel and tour a lot on my Spyder and I need more space than that. I don't like having to load the thing up with strapped on luggage.

Other than these two things (so far), I really do love it! I love styling, I love how it doesn't look like a snowmobile on wheels anymore, I love the fuel door on the tank, and I love the open nekkidness to the body. This will be easier to work on than my GS I'm sure. And I love the low maintenance and longer range of the 1330 motor and am very happy that BRP put that motor in something more RS-like.

With all that said.... I will be sitting back and waiting. See what issues arise, see what aftermarket accessories come to fruitition. I am excited to see this next chapter in the Can-Am Spyder and am glad I am along for the ride.

Keep calm and RIDE A SPYDER!!
    I also like some of the things about the F3, like the riding style, less body-covering, etc. But I like touring. It would be great if you could put a hitch on it.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ask Lamont; I hear that he's got one to tinker with...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I also like some of the things about the F3, like the riding style, less body-covering, etc. But I like touring. It would be great if you could put a hitch on it.
    So, Am I going to get to see the new F3 when you and Murphybrown come to Alaska next summer. They do have a pretty snazzy looking touring package. Hitch: Where there is a will, there is a way.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    So, Am I going to get to see the new F3 when you and Murphybrown come to Alaska next summer. They do have a pretty snazzy looking touring package. Hitch: Where there is a will, there is a way.

No. I just bought my '14 RTS at SpyderFest, so it'll be a few years before I'm ready to trade. That will give us time to see how they pan out, improve, accessorize, etc.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

D,
    Are you trying to fill your dance card for next Summer already???

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    D,
    Are you trying to fill your dance card for next Summer already???
    Well...Heck Yes!!! Acres and acres of beautiful ladies on 's. It just can't get much better.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-25-2014 at 02:58 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's my boy!!

Spyder Garage

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh! The 2015 F3 proves not all of the Aztek design team were executed afterwards. Looks like at least a couple made it over to BRP, to help out with this abortion.......................oops; .........................I meant "styling tour de force"!

2018 F3 S, BRP SS Grill, Spoiler, Attitude Bars, #1 linkage kit, Chopped R Fender, TBR S1R slip On exhaust, Elka Stage 2 R Shock, Shad saddlebags

Spyder Garage

I would like to see a 2-tone Cognac/ with silver in the future in a an RT-SE?

With a 1330 Ace engine, like they have in the 14's.
    Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like the idea of the RTS-SS also!
    I'd like to see it as an optional appearance package, that could be added to any RTS color scheme.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rick H. View Post
    Non Spyder owner here......Hasn't anyone told BRP that orange and black have already been used by a somewhat famous two name motorcycle company? All kidding aside , I have been thinking about buying a new Cam Am and I was waiting to see what the 2015 release would bring. Unfortunately, there really isn't much to be excited about. Okay so the new F-3 can smoke the rear tire, big deal. Not only did the Can Am designers pick a Harley color scheme for the F-3 they also used a Ducati style design with the contrasting color frame parts. Looking at the front end of the F-3 reminds me of a Chrysler 300 or Dodge pickup truck....big, bulky looking nose. Too much nose in fact, making it look very front end heavy and out of proportion to the rest of the vehicle. Sorry all, just my opinion.

The rest of the lineup is pretty much status quo and again many of the color options leave an awful lot to be desired. Guess I will have to wait for the 2016 line up.

Rick H.
    Didn't know HD had a lock on colors, anyway, I think it looks good on the F3. As I see it the F3 can not only smoke the tire but it will smoke about any stock cruiser on the market. Period. (by the way, my 2010 RT will smoke most of them as well. many of my friends ride two wheelers cruiser style and they all have challenged me on speed and have seen just how fast the Spyder can be). Your right about the Nose of the F3, it is growing on me though. (I like the looks of the dodge pickup). I think you are missing out on tremendous thrills the Spyder can give by sitting on the bench and not owning one. I have a bunch of two wheelers in the garage and I will say the spyder is the most fun I have had in years. From the RS, ST, RT to the F3 I can't see why there wouldn't be a model that you would like.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGirl View Post

1. PRICE. Loaded this baby will cost you more than a RT-S with far less features and storage. Then you all might say "just get a RT." No. The hubby has a RT and I am not comfortable on it and I do not really enjoy riding it as much as my 2008 GS SM5. I was just hoping with what little this thing has (yes, the U-Fit customization and 1330 triple is nice), that the price would be more closer to that of the RS ($17,000 - $20,000).

!!
    totally agree with what you say about price. I thought I was the only one who thought this way as I have seen no other post about it. You add windshield and backrest and I think this is about 1500 over priced

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post
    Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh! The 2015 F3 proves not all of the Aztek design team were executed afterwards. Looks like at least a couple made it over to BRP, to help out with this abortion.......................oops; .........................I meant "styling tour de force"!
    Hmmm, so...you're saying you don't like it???

I am warming up to the F3 bit by bit, although I never thought the existing RS or RT were all that handsome to start with. The GS/RS body panels in particular look a bit too much like Chris Bangle's "flame surfacing" BMW cars (a design language that is unforgivably ugly). In then end, however, Spyders are not about looks in the same overpowering way Harleys and Royal Enfields are. I bought mine because of the riding experience, not the appearance.

2013 RS-S SM5 [His] • 2021 RT Base [Hers] • 1977 Bultaco custom roadster • 1974 Harley-Davidson/Aermacchi 350 SS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Dan, the description of your ST sounds interesting. Can you post the picture?
    The GS/RS and ST all have the same tail... Lots of people have the Givi top cases. For me the V46 Givi top case is the perfect size...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=4967d7c0a7
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker View Post
    Don't know if i'd be ripping on anything for it's looks when the pic of the bike in your post looks like it ran into a Goldwing and stole its windshield...Seriously,,,, Is that thing fastened securely????

Spyder Garage

My situation is this / I only want ONE Spyder,, for most of my adult life I've had 4 n 5 bikes at a time and I'm done with that!!!!Having an RT is a great thing untill you want to just cruise around without all that luggage your not using..
    The F3s ability to go from cruising to touring is what appeals to ME most.. It looks like a blast to ride around town n looks like the Wifey n I will be quite comfortable riding it cross country..