Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nikki.ullis View Post
    My other half is a twos biker and had been hem hawing on buying a new harley for the last few weeks. His 06 road glide custom had started becoming an issue and with him being a mechanic, every little tweaking chrome rattle was driving him crazy.
    So, we go down to the smoky mountain harley davidson dealership in maryville, TN and he goes and looks at new bikes while I sit outside watching the numerous bikers inspect my "atrocious" and "fake bike".
    (I have a 2014 RSS SE5 with...a...few...pieces of farkle )
    My favorite one was the guy with head to toe brand new barely worn HD gear with the sons of anarchy helmet that got off his brand new harley and talking about how my bike was an overpriced princess bike.

So as I am listening to the spyder bashing, some of the sales guys come out and started asking me about my bike, how I like it, checking out the JL audio sound, listening to the two bros exhaust and asking about LEDs and we were talking about custom paint jobs. I go back to sitting on my chair and chilling out and all the sudden....the sons of anarchy helmet wearing guy starts talking about how awesome the spyder sounded and how fast does it go and how does it handle etc etc.

My other half ended up buying a new road glide with a ton of custom work the dealership had already done to it, and I walked out of the dealership with a free lunch (paid by some bikers who wanted to apologize for doubting my bike), a few free drinks (again, paid by some blushing HD bikers), some new farkle ideas, some new HD friends, and a smile on my face.

I catch hell all the time about my bike (especially since im a 27yr old girl riding an "old person fake bike"). Once people really start seeing the cool stuff I got with it, everyone's mind changes =)
    I ride my bike because it makes me happy, not anyone else.
    I find a lot of people seem to forget that on twos or threes or fours, we are all sharing the same road and it doesn't matter what you ride or drive or what it looks like but that you enjoy the journey.
    Nice post! I just traded my 2011 Harley Ultra Classic on a 2013 RT Limited (pictures to come, just got it Saturday). Frankly, I was getting tired of wresting that bike, and the Spyder is superior to the Harley Tri-Glide, so I decided to try it. I'm enjoying it so far, although I must say I'd like to find a way to reduce the heat.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billrob71 View Post
    Great story and if they persist just pull up next to them at a light and blow there fenders off as you fly ahead. Nothing against Harley's just the great then you attitude by some.
    That's it exactly. I have both a spyder and a harley and I'm all about the ride! I really don't care what it is.

The only thing that annoys me is when someone shows up to a ride with a poorly maintained POS....cause then we got to worry about someone else's junk breaking down.

Spyder Garage

Both of my bikes are pretty unique and I get a lot of comments, my 2013 RT-S is Viper red and has see through graphics on the windshield, as does my 2008 VTX which has a sidecar rig. I rarely go anywhere that someone doesn't have a comment about the bikes, no matter which one I'm riding, I hurt my back in Korea and got to where I wasn't able to pick my GL1800 up after it fell with my wife and I on it. It is almost impossible to be in a parking lot where someone doesn't wind up asking about the bikes, but they will always hear about being able to ride even with a chronic debilitating condition, and they will usually develop an appreciation of a desire to ride, even when others tell you it can't be done.
    Ride on, and you don't have to make any excuses for your Can-Am, ever.

Doc

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nikki.ullis View Post
    Richards biggest complaint about the spyder is that no matter where we go everyone asks about the spyder, wants to talk to me, and doesn't look at his custom harley or custom built racing CBR. =)
    I keep telling him its probably because its a girl on a bike more than the spyder itself. I hardly ever see other women on twos or threes around here.
    My wife belongs to a ladies riding group, and one of the girls is overly proud of her HD Softtail. It really frosts her onions when a group of them are out for a ride and all the attention at the stops goes to my wife's Spyder and not even a glance at her beloved HD. No one pays attention to me when I'm on my Concours with her, but that's fine with me.