Spyder Garage

Default F3 premiere: info release time Sept 23rd?

2 years ago when waiting and watching for initial info on the (then new) ST, we didn't start seeing any info or pictures until around 7:30 pm CST. At one point, some spyderlovers members briefly had access to a new BRP web site but then as others browsed to the new site they discovered the site had been taken down. A few screen shots did manage to get posted. So based on past experience I'm not expecting to find anything new about the F3 until the evening hours. The Club BRP event is in Connecticut which is EST, so here in Nashville I won't start looking until after 6:30.

By the way, has anyone else noticed the SpyderF3 website from central FL Powersports is gone? It now takes you to a web domain sales site. Wonder if BRP made them remove it?

1 more day to go. Aside from the new F3, curious as to what changes might be coming to the existing models?

ViperWolf (work ryde & play ryde)
    2014 ST-S SE5 Cognac

Spyder Garage

Just thought of this:
    How many Viet Nam vets on here had/have a "shorttimers calender" on this event.? Many version, some not suitable on a public forum.
    They estimated time before leaving that @#$%^& place.
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When is the "Offical Release", supposed to occur?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default SEPT. 24

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    When is the "Offical Release", supposed to occur?
    SEPTEMBER 24.... this Wednesday....

Spyder Garage

Default Short Timer

Back in the day I was a computer programmer. I wrote a program that printed out how many days one had left in the army. When you got to 0 it said some funny (I thought) things...I got into some trouble over that but there is a funny story involved....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    SEPTEMBER 24.... this Wednesday....
    Not to split hairs, but it's actually September 23rd...

http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=lwrydr;877587]Back in the day I was a computer programmer. I wrote a program that printed out how many days one had left in the army. When you got to 0 it said some funny (I thought) things...I got into some trouble over that but there is a funny story involved....[/QUOTE]

And...?????

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lwrydr View Post
    Back in the day I was a computer programmer. I wrote a program that printed out how many days one had left in the army. When you got to 0 it said some funny (I thought) things...I got into some trouble over that but there is a funny story involved....
    Do tell!!!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Funny Story

An E8 sarge took offence to what the program printed out and I (lowly E4) did not have time to change it so the computer room guys quit running it. About a month later a full bird called me into his office and wanted to know why the program was not running since this is what he used to order up replacement troops. I tried not to laugh when I told him Sargent so-and-so said to not run it any more. About 15 min later Sargent so-and-so came to see me and begged me to fix the program so it could run again. I fixed it but I think the Sargent got his rear end chewed on.

Spyder Garage

my dealer has some coming in but i am waiting for them to get the sling shot, they promised me a demo ride and help getting in and out of it w/o laughing
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lwrydr View Post
    An E8 sarge took offence to what the program printed out and I (lowly E4) did not have time to change it so the computer room guys quit running it. About a month later a full bird called me into his office and wanted to know why the program was not running since this is what he used to order up replacement troops. I tried not to laugh when I told him Sargent so-and-so said to not run it any more. About 15 min later Sargent so-and-so came to see me and begged me to fix the program so it could run again. I fixed it but I think the Sargent got his rear end chewed on.
    I'll bet that the Sargent would really have LOVED to get his hands on you...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cuznjohn View Post
    my dealer has some coming in but i am waiting for them to get the sling shot, they promised me a demo ride and help getting in and out of it w/o laughing
    I'm still being told 10/7 for the delivery of "my" Slingshot.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Just So You Know...

BRP's webiste is acting pretty "Wonky"... and it started this afternoon!

Spyder Garage

I am just in the wait and see mode concerning the 2015 announcements.

I make the following statement. I am not buying a 2015 anything.

Am really interested in all the information about the product line, etc., etc., etc.

Reality: There will be no 2015 products to view, kick tires, etc. until March/April 2015 here. I am sure I could pre-order a something if I wanted. But...like I said in my statement

I did drive by a "brand new" Polaris dealer just outside of Wasilla yesterday. Its bigger than a lot of car dealers. They are not open yet, but I saw stacks and stacks of "unopened" crates in their storage area. Slingshot????????? Indian?????????? Who knows.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Well it is 8.50am Wednesday 23rd September here, unfortunately it will almost be the 24th before we find anything out.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How can you guys be the last to know; when you're the first to make it to the 23rd??
    You really should speak to somebody about this horrendous inequity!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    How can you guys be the last to know; when you're the first to make it to the 23rd??
    You really should speak to somebody about this horrendous inequity!
    Maybe get them to have Club BRP in New Zealand next year? Only problem with that is, we would see the new releases and
    not be able to buy them till March/April the following year lolol

The downside of being so far away is the wait, and if the previous models allocated to sell here don't sell, we can wait even longer for current models.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders.
    Current Spyder, 2015 F3 Steel Black, Passenger Backrest, Blue Ridge Screen with Xcreen Extention, Akrapovic Muffler, Attitude Handlebars, Blades front rims, RT Swaybar,
    Her Spyder 2011 Magnesium RSS Sportrack and Backrest, Comfort Seat, Grip Puppies, 3.5 inch Riser Bars, Wespyd Signature Swaybar. Hindle Muffler, Godiva Screen, Hiway Pegs Can Am Panniers

Previous Spyders
    2013 ST SM5
    2011 RSS
    2010 RS
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics