Spyder Garage

Default ...I'm embarassed..

...hello I'm Bob from Cascade, CO, a new member and new '10 RS owner. I picked up my new Spyder a week ago (1-owner 6k miles) and put about 200 miles on it the first week. My first impressions were mostly great, but I was having a hard time getting used to the handling. At first I thought the leaning was typical and it was my newness that was to blame. There seemed (to me) to be more leaning than I expected in sharper turns (more so if they were off-camber). The bike has a Ron's Sway Bar and a lot of very nice mods the original owner (an ex-engineer, who was 85) installed. The more I read about these bikes, the more I thought something had to be out of whack. Yesterday, I thought I'd try putting a little extra air in the tires (22 lbs.) and when I checked the fronts, one was down to 10 lbs. and the other 12 lbs. When I picked it up from my dealer (it had been there on consignment), I never thought to check the tire pressure before I left. I put about 100 miles on today and am happy to say, 90% of the leaning disappeared. I'm embarrassed to say I could have eliminated a week's worth of less than stellar first impressions, had I checked the tire pressure before leaving the dealer. I just returned from there today after having a set of 2-Brothers dual carbon fiber mufflers installed. Prior to putting them on, all I could hear at 60 mph was the Air intake (K&N), wanted a throaty exhaust note, and words cannot describe the sound now. It sounds like a cross between a big-block Chevy and a top-fuel dragster. I know it sounds sac-religious but it might just be a tad bit too loud. When I drove in the driveway, Judy came out telling me the windows were rattling, and that she had heard me coming about 2-3 minutes before arriving. I think I might need to invest in a pair of power cones, anyone have any experience with which level I should get? I'm waiting for it to get dark so I can see if flames shoot out the back...hehe.. Since joining, I've enjoyed this forum more than any of the one's I've joined in the past, and am happy to see there's very little negative banter here...

Spyder Garage

Welcome and congrats on your new Spyder.
    2016 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you are getting it figured out!
    His - 2013 RSS SM5
    Hers - 2013 RS SE5

Proud Army Veterans!!

Spyder Garage

Congrats on the bike the two brothers pipes are a lot louder then most the cones and maybe the tips they have will help.

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links

Spyder Garage

Welcome from a transplanted New Yorker (Watertown) who now lives in Texas. Being retired I look forward to getting out on my spyder each day. Most fun you can have on 3 wheels.

Spyder Garage

A dealer who selles a Spyder and lets it leave the lot with low tire pressure is an

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

, low tire pressure and uneven pressure between the front tires can make you think a lot of things are wrong.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome..!! Welcome..!!

to the roadster world and this awesome site. Congrats on the new ryde.. glad you are getting aquainted so quickly..enjoy and we are here to help. Remember the GTO..?? Applies here well. Check gas tures and oil before ryding...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

TRY 20 psi in front 28psi in back works good

Spyder Garage

Default Two Brothers

Congrats on your new RS. I have a set of the Two Brothers Dual Carbon Fiber Pipes. I use the P1X tips that are advertised to lower the sound output by 7-8 db without any loss in performance, and they still sound great. Good luck with it and enjoy.
    Bakerman

2011 RSS

Spyder Garage

I chuckled when I read your comments about the exhaust. Awesome! I also have the TBR dual carbon fiber pipes. They really are badass. Not only the volume but also the pure bass!! Beast mode. I absolutely love them!

If you need to reduce volume, I've read the PX1 power tips help.
    2012 Neutron Green RSS SE5 | Two Brothers Dual Carbon Fiber exhaust | BRP Xenon HID kit! | CalSci Tinted Shorty windshield| Throttlemeister CC | Baja Ron sway bar | TricLED halo ground effects kit | Sena SMH10's |

The wifey on Tessa the day we brought her home!

Spyder Garage

on your new ride. Glad to see you have taken measures to "figure it out." Many times, we see a rant about how "badly" the drives and it gets worse from there.

The RS is a great machine. I put 23,500 miles on mine before I went to the RT models.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default ...Grew up near Watertown..

Quote Originally Posted by Dgjason View Post
    Welcome from a transplanted New Yorker (Watertown) who now lives in Texas. Being retired I look forward to getting out on my spyder each day. Most fun you can have on 3 wheels.
    Hi DGJason,

I spent a few youth years near Watertown (Goveneur) before moving near Lake George. I miss those summers and the plethora of great riding roads..Bob..

Spyder Garage

Default ...Dealer/air-pressure..

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    A dealer who selles a Spyder and lets it leave the lot with low tire pressure is an
    ...had they not been so great about everything else, I'd be more upset. They did a great job on the Two-Brothers/Juice-box install this week. I'm gonna take part blame as I did not check the pressures myself for nearly a week, but that should have been the first thing I looked into. Bob..

Spyder Garage

Default ...P1x..

Quote Originally Posted by The Bakerman View Post
    Congrats on your new RS. I have a set of the Two Brothers Dual Carbon Fiber Pipes. I use the P1X tips that are advertised to lower the sound output by 7-8 db without any loss in performance, and they still sound great. Good luck with it and enjoy.
    ...have a pair coming ($27 each, incl. shipping) found on eBay..Don't want to tone it down too much, but when I first pulled into the Drive, the windows shook and spooked Havoc the Wonder Cat off his perch on a window-sill. He's about 20# (of solid muscle) and it takes a lot to displace him from that perch, when he's working on a 20-hour nap. I've still got to fire it up after dark to see if flames shoot out. I really love it's "attitude" now. When I get a minute, I'll post a video. Sadly, I'm sure it won't do justice to how they really sound..Bob.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the PARTEEE!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

welcome aboard!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default WELCOME to SPYDERLAND

you sound very positive, on your thinking,,,,,hope to see a video or some pics

Very Active Member Silvervette05's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome have fun and ride safely

Spyder Garage

Default ...video..

...as soon as the power tips come in, I'll do a before/after with them. Once my hangers get here, I''ll take pics of the whole application. Bob..

Quote Originally Posted by jimclarkf1 View Post
    you sound very positive, on your thinking,,,,,hope to see a video or some pics

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Enjoy that Spyder

Eh, congrats on your new ryde, and a big welcome to the forum...

Spending time wisely, time is well spent in here.
    Please post some pics, when you can.

Have a remarkable fall.

Chas