Thread: Dash Pouch

Spyder Garage

Default Dash Pouch

Wanted a place to put my registration/insurance card and garage door opener and found the below pouch. Anybody try this? Seems it will serve my needs well.
    Found a dash pouch for the RS on Ebay

Look up: Hopnel H41-156BK Dash Pouch for Can-Am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvbduqZI52Q

Last edited by mudcruiserman; 09-18-2014 at 11:23 PM.

Spyder Garage

I got the set of 3, 1 large in the middle and 2 small that fit on either side. Have them mounted on top of the dashboard, under the windshield. Also got the single large pouch for the hubby (Tobor 9). Great to keep misc. and overflow malarkey that won't fit in the glove box. Got them from Value Accesories, a site sponsor
    2014 RT Limited SE-6 in Black Currant. Mods so far: Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder Kit, Diamond R Drivers Tour Mug, Tric Led Drink Holder, BRP Hitch, Mini Trailer USA Nomad Trailer. RonBar and links, Spyclops I & II, Lighted Bump Skid, LED head and fog lights. Foam hand grips. A arm lights, both upper and lower

Spyder Garage

interesting idea
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

I have the 3 pouch and it is lifted 3/4 inch in the center to scoop air for the driver.
    Ryde as if your life depends on it,
    because it does !! Ryde Safe!
    Vietnam 67-69

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. Just ordered one for my ST.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mudcruiserman View Post
    Wanted a place to put my registration/insurance card and garage door opener and found the below pouch. Anybody try this? Seems it will serve my needs well.
    Found a dash pouch for the RS on Ebay

Look up: Hopnel H41-156BK Dash Pouch for Can-Am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvbduqZI52Q

I have this one H41154BK.jpgand it's from a site sponsor. I like it real well.
    http://store.valueaccessories.net/Wi...hCan-AmRT.aspx

Current: 2018 F3 Limited
    Previous: 2011 RT with 622 Trailer

Mods:
    F4 Customs 25" Windshield
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    Spyderpops Top Case/Seat Extender
    TackForm Phone Mount
    Lamonster Ram Ball Handlebar Mount
    Show Chrome Passenger Armrests

Spyder Garage

I ordered the 3 pouch one last year and tried installing it on my 2012 RTS and it never stayed on - tried using heavy velcro, etc, but it would always eventually blow off

am going to try cutting the 3 pouch one down to just the center large pouch and use a combination of heavy velcro plus mounting a couple of grommets into it and then 'screw' onto the dash using the 2 mounting brackets on the top dash
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

I believe that others have posted that there were problems with some, with the pouch blowing off its mounting. If you can get them to stay put, its a good idea. I would like a little more room than the glove box provides.

My Utopia back rest came with an attached rear pouch though.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I installed this between the risers of my 2008 GS. Although it looks to block the view of the dash display, it doesn't.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default With Monster Fanny Pack here

Check out the high caliber hunting packs over at www.badlandspacks.com.

They didn't name it Monster just for kicks, it's huge...
    http://www.badlandspacks.com/monster-hunting-pack.html
    (A plug out, for my buds, with fall hunting forever in our veins, I can smell it. Hahaha)

This will Not blow off, that's fo sho. ;-)
    Order the water bladder for the shoulder straps and you are off to the races...

Chas

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lookerjdc View Post
    I ordered the 3 pouch one last year and tried installing it on my 2012 RTS and it never stayed on - tried using heavy velcro, etc, but it would always eventually blow off

am going to try cutting the 3 pouch one down to just the center large pouch and use a combination of heavy velcro plus mounting a couple of grommets into it and then 'screw' onto the dash using the 2 mounting brackets on the top dash
    The first batch of pouches that were made were all one piece. We put one on our own RT to try and immediately blew off in Teresa's face at about 45 mph.
    We talked to Big Bike Parts that day about the issue, they were all pulled and re-designed. We had a few go out before we installed the first one on ours, but sent the rest back.
    If anyone has one from the first batch, just cut them so they are 3 separate pouches and use 3M tape with the Velcro. The Velcro is good, but the tape that was used on the first batch is not good enough either. We suggested 3M automotive tape for that surface, and that is what they are using now.

The pouches after the first batch are perfectly fine, we sell a lot of them and have one on our own RT.
    Rick
    Spyder Lovers Vendor
    Value-Accessories

Spyder Garage

Default Be careful

I have the 3 pouch on my 2012 Rt S and really like it. Got caught in some rain one day and a few days later went to get something out of pouch and realized that it was totally soaked in the pouches. Does anyone think that using a water repellant would work? Have not tried it yet myself.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wonder if one of JT's dashtop brackets, would give you something solid to hook it to; without having to screw it to the top of the dash?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lookerjdc View Post

You could fasten it to my Dash Mount and it would never come off and you would not have to make new holes in the dash.

JT