Spyder Garage

Default Fraud Everywhere.

Ever since I put an ad in SpyderLovers, Craigslist and Cycle Trader to sell my Spyder what I am getting is people (crooks) supposedly wanting to pay using PayPal but first they would like me to send them money via Western Union or MoneyGram to cover the shipper’s cost and then they would include the shipper fee in the PayPal account. Watch out – these guys are slicker than a timeshare salesman.

Spyder Garage

Yes Sir its getting scary to use online venues for selling.. It seems like everyone gets the same set of weirdo scammer calls
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

But wait....did you get the one where the person is serving on a ship on some ocean and they want to buy your bike? It is usually a woman of the country you live in.

Spyder Garage

Default Scary..!!

best sell cash in hand pick up only... if those folks work as hard at a good job as they do trying to steal they would be rich...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fred-WA View Post
    Ever since I put an ad in SpyderLovers, Craigslist and Cycle Trader to sell my Spyder what I am getting is people (crooks) supposedly wanting to pay using PayPal but first they would like me to send them money via Western Union or MoneyGram to cover the shipper’s cost and then they would include the shipper fee in the PayPal account. Watch out – these guys are slicker than a timeshare salesman.

Thanks for the info. Also be careful of the paypal Scam...If someone pays you with paypal and you get a email saying money was received it might be spoofed & not real. So check your paypal account before shipping item.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Yes, I listed 2 bikes on Craig's list and was getting the same e-mails on both bikes,

Quote Originally Posted by happyspyder2039 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Also be careful of the paypal Scam...If someone pays you with paypal and you get a email saying money was received it might be spoofed & not real. So check your paypal account before shipping item.

I added cash only and in person only, did not get anymore e-mails. Pull up PayPal scams there are 1,000s. Beware!!!!

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i get 3 or 4 nigerian scams every day in my emails but they are so stupid you can always tell when they say god bless or spell because 'cos & a lot of time they have 2 first names to sound american.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Same scams here in Canada.
    Last year a guy had his truck listed on internet flea market site the would be buyers took him for a ride and killed him over a truck. Thank goodness they caught them.
    That happened 1hour away from where I live Scary stuff. So beware and be safe

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Fortunately they use the same stupid tricks all the time and most are easy to weed out.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    i get 3 or 4 nigerian scams every day in my emails but they are so stupid you can always tell when they say god bless or spell because 'cos & a lot of time they have 2 first names to sound american.
    I always tell the scammers, that as soon as I get that 2.5 million from the Nigerian Prince; I'll be happy to deal with them...
    ...But i need them to send me $10,000 so that I can get the money from the Prince!

Spyder Garage

are you the new King of Nigeria?
    1. it is what it is - 2014 Black RT-S - Baja Ron Anti-Sway bar, lots of LEDs, Spyderpops Skid Plate, Twisted Sister HID Driving Lights, Tricled 2nd, 3rd & 4th brake lights, F4 Customs vented windshield, Lamonster highway pegs, Ultimate Tall Boy seat, Utopia backrest

Registered Users 3 Wheel Addict's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Be careful because they can come to your house and scam you as well. My brother had a very expensive tandem bike almost stolen that way. Man and wife showed up to test ride the bike but the husband wanted to follow the wife riding the bike to make sure it "tracked straight" he said. You know they was going to ride it around the corner and toss it in the truck and be gone! My brother was smarter than that and said HE would drive him to follow it and they backed out, close call.
    Sold my 14 RTS went back to 2 wheels.
    2014 Kawasaki Vaquero SE

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lookerjdc View Post
    are you the new King of Nigeria?

Spyder Garage

Seller beware seems to be the way it goes these days. Have not used the internet to try to sell vehicles, but ran into it when I put one of my steel guitars up for sale. I pulled the ad and still have the steel.

A shame because I want to sell 10 of my guitars.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Send me the guitars, and I'll have the Prince forward the money to you...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Send me the guitars, and I'll have the Prince forward the money to you...
    Were you one of the steel guitar potential buyers? I actually had that same request.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Seller beware seems to be the way it goes these days. Have not used the internet to try to sell vehicles, but ran into it when I put one of my steel guitars up for sale. I pulled the ad and still have the steel.

A shame because I want to sell 10 of my guitars.
    If I've got something to sell, I'll often use eBay and PayPal. That puts a reputable third party between you and the scammer, and also adds a rating system for you to assess the integrity of the other party. If you're the seller, basically all you've got to do to protect yourself is make sure you have the money in your PayPal account before you release the item.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat