Thread: Home at last...

Spyder Garage

Default Home at last...

Well, it's been an unexpectedly long week. And we finally made it home from Spyderquest. Both Spyders behaved themselves on the long trip back. Most of you know what we went through on the trip so won't rehash that. We picked up Kris' new RTS Wednesday afternoon from Progressive. Now I have to give a special shout out and a big THANK YOU to Karen and her folks. They bent over backwards to help us, not only with Kris' broken Spyder but fitting mine in for an oil change and BUDS check. Karen stayed on BRP to resolve issues key to trading in the 2010. She gave us more than fair trade in value against the new 2014 RTS. Also, she could have just given us a showroom Spyder but instead we got a fresh "crate" model. She even had items from the old bike installed on the new one at no charge. I have to give kudos to Dave, her Spyder tech. He was right there Saturday morning waiting on me as I nursed the sick Spyder to the dealer. I drove it right in to the service bay and within minutes Dave had it on BUDS and diagnosed. And I also want to pass on our thanks to BRP for getting back to Karen as quick as they did. Otherwise we may still be sitting there.

We want to give a big THANK YOU to the folks at the Comfort Inn. After listening to our dilemma they gave us the group rate for our entire stay. George and Mike Stark, owners, went beyond nice. The housekeeping crew, the breakfast crew and Mom as we called their mother were like family. I will say that this is the nicest and cleanest hotel we have ever stayed in. And I've stayed in some high profile hotels when I was active duty and in my civilian career. You can bet that if SQ is in the same place next year, we'll be at the Comfort Suites. By the way, these folks also own the Mohican.

And last but surely not least, from the bottom of our hearts, we want to thank everyone of you for your concern and prayers. Spyderlovers are truly a family.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear that you made it!!
    We Really enjoyed your visit on Wednesday!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Good to hear it all worked out for you and your "CFO".
    I'll pass the news on to Bridget.
    Congratulations to you and Kris on the new Spyder.
    Hopefully, by next year this will all be a dim memory.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad everything worked out for you and Kris. It was good to meet you both while we were at the Battle of the Bennington Monument in Vermont (SpyderQuest ryde). I agree, the Comfort Inn/Suites in Lake George NY is top notch. Take care.
    2016 F3-L Special Series? Mods: Lamonster IPS end caps w/ Gripper 3rd pegs, GPS mount, Power Plate, Perf. Muffler; Backoff Brake Light Strobe; CD Front (amber/red) Brightsides & Tip Kit; ISCI Flag Holder w/Long Poles; BRP Signature Light, Aux Lights, Saddlebag Liners, Garmin 590 GPS; TricLED foam Grips, LEDs (Aux/headlights); Pitbull Driving Lights; RDL seat; Ultimate backrest

Previous ryde: 2012 RT-L, 26,636 miles on it when traded; 2014 RT-L, 34,147 miles on it when traded

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm glad you made it home OK. to BB on her new Spyder! I was happy to meet you two at the closing party.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Bob, it was fun even for a short visit. The short cut to 84 worked great. Tell Kathy not to worry about lunch. Steve, glad to finally meet you and Bridget and thanks for the link for the new bracket. John, it was a pleasure to meet you. Any friend of Dan's is considered a friend of ours. Patti, wish we could have had more time to talk. Obviously you got your trailer "issue" ironed out Saturday night .

We miss the cool weather already.
    Last edited by bruiser; 09-18-2014 at 06:39 PM.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards