Spyder Garage

Default North Shore Ride Sat 27th

Hey Everyone !!!
    The North Shore ride thats coming up soon, there is a few of us that are riding that Saturday 27th. We are staying at the Superior Inn, Superior, WI., that Saturday night. Were meeting at 9AM Saturday morning (27th), Hwy 35 and Hwy 95 (North Branch exit off of 35) at the McDonalds. I am leading (don't laugh) and have a really nice backroad route planned, which will end at the Superior Inn. The next morning we will ride to Two Harbors, to meet everyone else for breakfast. If your staying somewhere Saturday night, come join us for the ride. I'm sure your not that far from Superior, WI.
    Tommy J.
    Last edited by fireplug98; 09-18-2014 at 11:28 AM.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

You are picking up a good time to head up the North Shore for the annual color show.

A suggestion: North of Tofte is the Oberg Mountain Trail. I used to go there each fall, walk the mountain trail, and view the show from the top of the mountain. It affords 50 miles of 360 viewing of all the colors. One side overlooks Lake Superior, the other three sides The North Shore and the BWCAW wilderness area.

The road is paved to the mountain, and the parking lot is big. I believe it is about 5 miles off of HWY 61.

This picture is looking North from the mountain.

Below is looking South if I remember right.

Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-18-2014 at 03:01 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

"You are picking up a good time to head up the North Shore for the annual color show.

A suggestion: North of Tofte is the Oberg Mountain Trail. I used to go there each fall, walk the mountain trail, and view the show from the top of the mountain. It affords 50 miles of 360 viewing of all the colors. One side overlooks Lake Superior, the other three sides The North Shore and the BWCAW wilderness area.

The road is paved to the mountain, and the parking lot is big. I believe it is about 5 miles off of HWY 61."

Sounds like a REAL nice ride !! I'll suggest it to Les (lead rider that day) !!!

Thanks !!!

Tommy J.
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

From the desk of Rick Morrison !! :-)

For those of you who are riding with Tommy on Saturday Sept.27th,2014. We will be staying at the Superior Bay front Inn, in Superior, WI.
    Address 110 East 2nd Street Superior, Wi.
    See you guys on Saturday if all works out well.
    2019 F3L , Black