Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Towing Spyder RT

I have a new RT that I wish to tow from Canada to Arizona in December. I have looked at the Ultimate Trailer website. Has anyone had experience with their trailers. Any other suggestions?

Spyder Garage

The UT are terrific trailers. We have towed our bike back and forth between FL and NC without any problems. They are easy to handle and a breeze to get the bike on and off. I highly recommend.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It'd be more fun to RIDE it South!!
    You can always ship your snowmobiling suit back North to a relatvie for safekeeping!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have a DropTail trailer and it works perfectly. DropTail has a website. Make sure you look at the one specificly for the Can Am Spyder. It also stands up to store which is a great benefit for me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haralda View Post
    I have a new RT that I wish to tow from Canada to Arizona in December. I have looked at the Ultimate Trailer website. Has anyone had experience with their trailers. Any other suggestions?
    I have had their trailer for over a year. It has been a great investment. No problems at all. I tow it with my Honda Accord, and can hardly tell it is there. Getting the Spyder RT on and off takes 3 or 4 minutes. After 10,000 or more miles, it still looks good.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Meanmoe View Post
    If you don't mind my asking, but what was the cost if the trailer and which dealer did you buy from?

Go to the UT website and talk directly with them. I believe it is www. ultimate-trailer.com. UT is in Colorado. They do not have a dealer network to my knowledge. Cost depends on what options you want.

Spyder Garage

Lots of folks use UTs and have good things to say, but as an alternative to consider I use a utility trailer for my rt. You can get by with a 6x10, but the 6x12 I have was only $30.00 more. I have a triple crown and it was about $1,300 with a mounted spare and a tongue wheel.

good luck!
    ​Jeff

2012 RT Limited Lava Bronze (aka "The Bronze Beauty")
    Ultimate faux crocodile seat, backrest , and armrests in cognac-/black, Luggage nets, luggage, drink holders, top mirror, shorty antenna, SENA SMH10 headsets and SMR10 dongle, Garmin 665lm, Tri-pouch, Trunk mount flag poles, Custom Dynamics vent covers, Show Crome Luggage Rack, custom mud flap, Full Size Brake Pedal, Tricled mirror turn signals, LED strips on rear of front fenders, custom highway pegs, BakerBuilt Air Wings w/ Uppers
    2012 RT Limited , Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

http://the-ultimate-trailers.com/ is working addy

Quote Originally Posted by maliamd View Post
    Go to the UT website and talk directly with them. I believe it is www. ultimate-trailer.com. UT is in Colorado. They do not have a dealer network to my knowledge. Cost depends on what options you want.