Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well; I'm blaming the golfcart!
    We all know that golfers lie anyway!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 09-28-2014 at 08:30 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Well; I'm blaiming the golfcart!
    We all know that golfers lie anyway!
    All I can say is that when Bush was President... we didn't have Spyder fires and garages blowing up. Thanks *****!!

Edit: It's funnier after I read it... because it bleep out our President's name.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was gonna blame Roosevelt... (Franklin; not Teddy!)

My Grampa Matzinger always did!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jrs4220 View Post
    Has anyone heard of a 2010 RT blowing up. The last time I rode it was Friday and today Wednesday the garage burned to the ground. Fire Marshall said it was the spyder that did it.
    IMG_767563393537.jpeg
    Bike is to the right of vw

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Egads!!
    If there's a bright side to any of this nightmare; you don't have to fight with anybody over the question of this being a total loss, or not...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    I must say, that I read this topic last night and was kind of stunned at the brand loyalty and insinuations towards the fire marshall.

Even if the Spyder sat for a week, why is it so difficult to believe it could catch fire and burn? A car, a boat, a computer or even a cell phone can ignite with poor situations. May not be common but it is possible.

If the OP is messing with people that is one thing, but myself, I would be a bit irritated to learn about my loss of garage, vehicles and items and then have this place preach to me it could not be the Spyder, when their burn to the ground history is documented. Granted the situation of heat is different.

You guys are pretty tough, I expected next you would just come out and accuse the op of setting fire to his place.

I have not been on SL too long. Posts like this on any forum prove how cruel or even wrong the keyboard is.

I hope this is not a joke post, and would suggest some go ack and re read their replies, then consider walking in the OP's shoes for the trip to see a burned garage.

Sheesshh, tough crowd.

PK
    Your kidding, right? I am suggesting that you go back and read the comments. Be careful sitting at your desk though, your chair and computer might spontaneously combust.

No one ran down the OP. No one preached to him. We did question the ruling of the fire marshal. Who wouldn't?

The possibilities have been discussed based on the information given.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Your kidding, right? I am suggesting that you go back and read the comments. Be careful sitting at your desk though, your chair and computer might spontaneously combust.

No one ran down the OP. No one preached to him. We did question the ruling of the fire marshal. Who wouldn't?

The possibilities have been discussed based on the information given.

Yeah, sort of.

The guy asked if we had heard of Spyders blowing up. Without doubt there was a fire. Reading about the Fire Marshall smokin dope and such seemed a bit much.

As for my computer and chair, I hope not, I really like them.

After seeing the photo, I would be pretty bummed out. Hopefully it gets resolved fair and quick for the OP.

PK

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They might actually be able to learn something from the char patterns on the VW...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    They might actually be able to learn something from the char patterns on the VW...
    Honestly, I do not know. Certainly seemed intense.

I would be going nuts without the garage and toys...especially losing all sorts of tools.

PK

Spyder Garage

Yeah, sort of.

The guy asked if we had heard of Spyders blowing up. Without doubt there was a fire. Reading about the Fire Marshall smokin dope and such seemed a bit much.

As for my computer and chair, I hope not, I really like them.

After seeing the photo, I would be pretty bummed out. Hopefully it gets resolved fair and quick for the OP.

PK
    Hopefully, the insurance settlement comes through fair, square, and fast. That is a lot of stuff to go up in smoke.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've kind of learned a little bit about this over the years...
    There looks to be enough of it left, to make it worth a REAL close look...
    They might be able to tell from which direction the fire hit it...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Just Sayin,' Let's Look On the Brite Side

Thank God it was a detached garage. The OP has lost a lot of property. It will be months before the insurance settles. Too many questions as to the true cause of the fire have to be answered, regardless of what the FM said. As someone said "the burn pattern will reveal all".
    Let me join those who have already said "sorry for your loss" Personally, I would be beside myself if I were in your shoes.
    Best of luck to you

Spyder Garage

Wow..... sometimes I cannot believe what goes on in posts here.... Is there any post that stays on topic or doesn't get stuffed full of banter?

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I've never heard of a 2010 catching fire. We all have seen the pictures of Spyders burning or the remains of those that have burned. There is nothing left. That's because most of the Spyder is plastic resulting in a very intense, fast moving fire. In that respect, and looking from an investigators standpoint, I can see where the fire marshal might get his findings. However, I would have an independent investigation done by a forensic fire investigator. There are a number of fire reports under review now due to investigators using old procedures.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I had a friend who was burning a pile of brush behind his shed and after it was out, the shed burnt three days later! It was determined that a smoking root from a tree had caught the shed on fire! So I would not discount anything, fire is a weird phenomenon! I just wish the OP a quick and satisfactory solution, speaking from experience it is not fun losing stuff in a fire as something's are unreplaceable!
    2012 RT , stock Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Wow..... sometimes I cannot believe what goes on in posts here.... Is there any post that stays on topic or doesn't get stuffed full of banter?

Bob
    Nobody is immune to this phenomenon...
    "Banterosis", is inevitable!

Spyder Garage

Default insurance

looks like the insurance will about $18,000 for the bike.

Spyder Garage

So is that a fair value in your opinion? What maters most is that you are satisfied with the settlement and can get on with your life. I had a similar problem with a burglary. Took over a week to figure out a list for the insurance company. was discovering things for over two years. "Oh yeah, I had a special tool for ..." never really got all stuff replaced, but I had to move on.
    Good luck.
    2014 Pearl white RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you have any idea how the Homeowner's policy is going to chip in yet?

Spyder Garage

That's average retail for an SM5. You don't say what your's is. So that's in the ball park per NADA and KBB.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Default Just got a replacement

Will I just got a replacement for the burnt 2010 RT. I got a 2014 Cognac RT-S SE6 with Tri Axis Handlebars. A great ride home.

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you ended up with new wheels. Your going to like the 2014 a whole lot.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Will I just got a replacement for the burnt 2010 RT. I got a 2014 Cognac RT-S SE6 with Tri Axis Handlebars. A great ride home.

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

on your new toy

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Spyder Garage

I must say, that I read this topic last night and was kind of stunned at the brand loyalty and insinuations towards the fire marshall.

Even if the Spyder sat for a week, why is it so difficult to believe it could catch fire and burn? A car, a boat, a computer or even a cell phone can ignite with poor situations. May not be common but it is possible.

If the OP is messing with people that is one thing, but myself, I would be a bit irritated to learn about my loss of garage, vehicles and items and then have this place preach to me it could not be the Spyder, when their burn to the ground history is documented. Granted the situation of heat is different.

You guys are pretty tough, I expected next you would just come out and accuse the op of setting fire to his place.

I have not been on SL too long. Posts like this on any forum prove how cruel or even wrong the keyboard is.

I hope this is not a joke post, and would suggest some go ack and re read their replies, then consider walking in the OP's shoes for the trip to see a burned garage.

Sheesshh, tough crowd.

PK