Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

You are a wise man. "Discretion is the better part of valor".

Quote Originally Posted by ChasCS View Post
    I hope it doesn't leave a negative impact on you.

I have only had friendly encounters with other riders, and would never even consider giving a negative reply back, to someone else's ill will comment about my Spyder...
    Some folks are just negative all the time, so let them be.

Just ignore someone with a simple mind, that has no idea about what a Spyder is, or why we ryde them.
    Because their thoughts don't count, in the bigger picture.

Have a good day... Go for a ryde on the Spyder. ;-)

Chas
    3:16

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Here 's my other ride, tell him...

Some people are never going to give you a compliment.

So they only have negative comments to throw out there, but if no one is listening... Who cares

Pull up next to them riding in this...

Chas
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default Right on Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    While i was en-route to the Owners Event in Colorado, i misjudged the distance to the next fuel stop and ran out of fuel (I had extra fuel in my trailer) and while i was stopped on the side of the road refueling, three Harley riders pulled up to check and see if i needed any help.

It is not what you ride, it's that you ride, i believe that there is a true brotherhood of bikers out there on the road.

Cruzr Joe
    Now, that's what I'm talking about Joe! Thanks!!

2014 RT-S Pearl White - 'Miss Pearl'

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default no problem

quote--------I have had a few HD riders pass me on the highway really close ( 6 inches or less) don’t know what you call it but I think its a form of disrespect.---------

you are on 3 wheels they are on 2.. just stick your foot out an kick them over.. giggle

z-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------z

some of you really need to lighten up.. I've been riding since I was 9... I am 66 now..

I chose 3 wheels.. because my left leg was pulverized and they had to mush it together... and they took off my lower right leg.. 30 plus years ago.. walking is an adventure in learning

I did the 2 wheel thing as long as I could

my wife has been a Harley Rider for over 30 years.. she thought this tread was funny..when I first read it to her..

those that are offended by another's choice of transportation ... well look at your self .. not in the mirror .. because it lies.. rather in a plate glass window when you are walking the streets of Broadway.. and see how old you have become.... don't let that turn you mean.. realize the path less taken and remember you are where you are and we are all different

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    If I was a guy and he said that to me I wouldn't have seen his tail light because I would have left him in the dust. What a jerk.
    Kind of my first thought also. Without a word said, I probably would have shown him the taillight to the next traffic light if possible.

Then again, my last Harley encounter, had the dip**** pass on the right side as we pulled away from a light, in a 35 mph area, using the breakdown lane. Ironically, being kind, I was moving to the right to let him by. What a Jackass, oddly as he went by, it was no big deal but loud as a huge lawnmower and sounded the same. Knowing the area I did not bother pursuit, to easy to get busted there.

PK

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default music here

light up time

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    If I was a guy and he said that to me I wouldn't have seen his tail light because I would have left him in the dust. What a jerk.

That would be what I would do and hope I meet him at the next light and ask what did he say.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Racy2 View Post
    That would be what I would do and hope I meet him at the next light and ask what did he say.
    ...and THAT's when...
    Rock em sock em.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    ...and THAT's when...
    Rock em sock em.jpg
    Not that guy I had pass us...he was a lot larger than my 5'10" self, my throttle and fuel mileage would be the weapon of choice.

Overall though, the Spyder gets a lot of thumbs up from other riders. The snobs are the ones like those in the movie Wild Hogs. You see them coming in their 4 or 5 bike group. Nice machines, they know it and turn their nose up as you pass by.

One of these beach rides we'll hit one of the local biker lunch stops. Might need to get a fake mustache and act like Fletch as Harley or Davidson, I forget.

PK

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In five riding seasons; I don't recall a single face-to-face negative comment.
    Once in a very great while; I'll see the "short stroke" sign from a passing biker as i wave...
    We laugh it off, since we KNOW the fun that they're missing!

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I might have just told him no but i was told yours is or i would have reminded him of the south park episode of the new meaning for the word fag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_F_W...8South_Park%29

Fag (făg) n.
    1. An extremely annoying, inconsiderate person most commonly associated with Harley riders.
    2. A loud and obnoxious person who owns or frequently rides a Harley.
    Last edited by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN; 09-16-2014 at 08:01 AM.

Spyder Garage

In five riding seasons; I don't recall a single face-to-face negative comment.
    Bob,

I did make a negative comment to you, face to face. We were eating and I said look it, he's using baby chop sticks. Does that count?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"I might have just told him no but i was told yours is or i would have reminded him of the south park episode of the new meaning for the word fag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_F_W...8South_Park%29

Fag (făg) n.
    1. An extremely annoying, inconsiderate person most commonly associated with Harley riders.
    2. A loud and obnoxious person who owns or frequently rides a Harley."

Is there any useful point being made; by your tasteless post?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Bob,

I did make a negative comment to you, face to face. We were eating and I said look it, he's using baby chop sticks. Does that count?
    Not when you figure that my skill level with them is beyond bad!

Spyder Garage

I get a wise cracker every so often, but I let them have their fun. I smile and nod back, I will even comment on how nice their bike is. My mother always said "sticks and stones......." and she is was right. In the back of my mind I say something else, but out load I laugh along with them. They are looking for a reaction, if I take that away from them lose, I win.

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Not when you figure that my skill level with them is beyond bad!
    yes there is

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That's funny; I saw it as a friendly, jab among good friends...

Spyder Garage

I've had a few encounters over the past four years as a Spyder ryder. Sometimes i give them back what they give. Sometimes I just ignore them. One time I signed to the guy, he didn't know what to do. When the light changed he stalled his bike in his haste to get away. The last encounter was a few months ago. Guy yells out his window "when you going to get a real bike?". I said "when you get a real truck". He was driving a Honda Ridgeline.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    I've had a few encounters over the past four years as a Spyder ryder. Sometimes i give them back what they give. Sometimes I just ignore them. One time I signed to the guy, he didn't know what to do. When the light changed he stalled his bike in his haste to get away. The last encounter was a few months ago. Guy yells out his window "when you going to get a real bike?". I said "when you get a real truck". He was driving a Honda Ridgeline.
    Agree, Ridgeline is not a truck...
    PK

Spyder Garage

A few weeks ago the hubby (Tobor 9) and I were at Cycle Gear Bike Night. Lots of crotch rockets, H-D's, Triumph, etc. One young black man was riding a pink (or mauve - not sure) crotch rocket. I don't think ANYONE would have the nerve to tell him it was a "girly bike"!!! However, I did call him an idiot when he left. He and most of the other crotch rockets like to try to achieve low orbit when they leave. He started wobbling as he was hauling azz down the road and almost lost it. He did recover but it was close.
    2014 RT Limited SE-6 in Black Currant. Mods so far: Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder Kit, Diamond R Drivers Tour Mug, Tric Led Drink Holder, BRP Hitch, Mini Trailer USA Nomad Trailer. RonBar and links, Spyclops I & II, Lighted Bump Skid, LED head and fog lights. Foam hand grips. A arm lights, both upper and lower

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post