SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default NEW INFO from SENA

Spyder Garage

Can't read this . Is it posted clearly somewhere?
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BikerDoc View Post
    Can't read this . Is it posted clearly somewhere?
    Did you click on the thumbnail? It's a 657x600 jpg when you do.

Baja Ron - Dimple - Ultimate - Lamonster Garage - K&N - Smoothspyder - Amsoil - Hiflo - FOBO - Spyderpops

Sena - Dynaplug - Shoei - Tourmaster - Garmin

Spyder Garage

For some of us with old eye, even being enlarged the image is fuzzy.
    2014 Pearl white RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Cruysyn View Post
    Did you click on the thumbnail? It's a 657x600 jpg when you do.
    thank you... clearly slow on this tech stuff
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

I updated software. Hope this helps because so far the connectivity on the 20S has been much slower than on my SMH 10

Spyder Garage

Default May Need to Reset

The new firmware update works good but watch out. Our two units worked very good when we got them but after I updated our units and we went on a group ryde last week we found the intercoms were on all the time with the microphones live and loud. I heard every sound her microphone picked up and she heard mine and it was very fatiguing on our ears, plus my battery died after about 4 hours, 2/3 of the way through our ryde.

I left the results on a Sena web page for feedback and got an email from them instructing me to 1) to do a Fault Reset, then 2) do a Reset To Factory Default Settings. This cleared up the problem and they worked great on our ryde today. Instructions are on page 46 of the manual.

Charles

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WA5VHU View Post
    The new firmware update works good but watch out. Our two units worked very good when we got them but after I updated our units and we went on a group ryde last week we found the intercoms were on all the time with the microphones live and loud. I heard every sound her microphone picked up and she heard mine and it was very fatiguing on our ears, plus my battery died after about 4 hours, 2/3 of the way through our ryde.

I left the results on a Sena web page for feedback and got an email from them instructing me to 1) to do a Fault Reset, then 2) do a Reset To Factory Default Settings. This cleared up the problem and they worked great on our ryde today. Instructions are on page 46 of the manual.

Charles
    i have the same issue since upgrading, guess i will follow the same instructions.

Thanks,

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Sena from Motorcycle Dave?

Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WA5VHU View Post

Charles
    Thank you. I will test mine later today to get it ready for some long Rydes this week

Spyder Garage

Spanky and I took a test ride tonight after the firmware update. We noticed faster connection and improved sound quality but nothing of the problems others have mentioned.. what a relief.. I have several trips coming up and didn't want the comm to be a hassle.

Spyder Garage

Default Glad to see you are happy

Hi Dave here
    I am happy that new SENA fix worked for you, Enjoy your trips
    send me some pictures I will put them up on my website
    Ride Safe
    Dave

Spanky and I took a test ride tonight after the firmware update. We noticed faster connection and improved sound quality but nothing of the problems others have mentioned.. what a relief.. I have several trips coming up and didn't want the comm to be a hassle.

Spyder Garage

Default Glad to see you are happy

Hi Dave here
    I am happy that new SENA fix worked for you, Enjoy your trips
    send me some pictures I will put them up on my website
    Ride Safe
    Dave

Spyder Garage

I haven't used mine but my friend who went in with me to buy the 2 pack has issues with his after doing upgrade that support told him to do. When you plug in to charge the light turns red and when done it is suppose to turn blue but his never does. As well he has several issues with bluetooth pairing to his iphone/gps. I haven't tried mine yet but was planning to this weekend.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

We purchased the SMH10 prior to our Spyderquest trip. They work way better than our Scala G10s. On the way up we had three way comm. Going back we'll only have two way. The only complaint is the constant open mic. We'll try a reset when we get home.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Default open mike

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    We purchased the SMH10 prior to our Spyderquest trip. They work way better than our Scala G10s. On the way up we had three way comm. Going back we'll only have two way. The only complaint is the constant open mic. We'll try a reset when we get home.
    the open mike is a setting you can change when you hook them up to the Sena synch software. I need to repair ours cause iv'e noticed the symptoms folks are describing after updating firm ware on our smh10s.
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White