Spyder Garage

Default Lynnwood Motoplex down for the count

Just paid Lynnwood Motoplex $3K to extend my maintenance contract, and got a letter in the mail today that they have dropped all BRP products. They have apparently switched to Polaris. While they say they will honor maintenance contracts, I sure don't want a Polaris tech trying to figure out my Spyder.

Not a happy camper. Guess I'll be hiking down to Larsons in Fife or up to Mt. Vernon...

More Sci Fi & Fantasy Artwork by me: http://www.CynthiaRadthorne.com

Spyder Garage

I would not let them work on anything I own __ BRP probably dropped them

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default LIFESTYLES

I have to say lifestyles has the best mechanic in the area Mark is a platinum certified master mechanic for all three BRP lines SEA-DOO, SKI-DOO AND CAN-AM and Justin is a great service manager well worth a short ryde to Mount Vernon for quality service work

Spyder Garage

Wow I have not heard about this and I still have a maintenance package with them. I guess I will be calling tomorrow to make sure they will honor my maintenance plan and find out who the mechanic is if any..... this will really suck if I have to look for someone else. Damn

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lil rabbit View Post
    Wow I have not heard about this and I still have a maintenance package with them. I guess I will be calling tomorrow to make sure they will honor my maintenance plan and find out who the mechanic is if any..... this will really suck if I have to look for someone else. Damn
    Same here, I think we need to find out if Glen is still there or if he has moved on. If he is still there, then he won't forget how a Spyder is screwed together (at least for a while); but I somehow doubt they will be checking BUDS or anything else. About all we get for our bucks is the actual oil change. If Glen is gone or leaves soon, then they won't have any Spyder techs, as I think he was it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

never got a good vibe from them up there. Nothing bad but just nothing "WOW!"

Vancouver, WA ....that's another story. they did me right with a very good deal. Then a small incident happened but they made it right by giving me a deep discount on accessories.

It's a drive but so is Lifestyles......and it seems Polaris's Slingshot is picking up some steam so dealers might be trying to get something niche and new. I have to be honest, I love my RTL but if i hadn't picked it up when I did, i'd be in Auburn next week picking up a Slingshot

Spyder Garage

North is good from all I have heard.
    2015 RTSE, Red Pearl, Shorty Antenna, Chrome Rear Rack, Deer Whistles, BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Default Lifestyles:

Quote Originally Posted by chuck gross View Post
    I have to say lifestyles has the best mechanic in the area Mark is a platinum certified master mechanic for all three BRP lines SEA-DOO, SKI-DOO AND CAN-AM and Justin is a great service manager well worth a short ryde to Mount Vernon for quality service work
    I totally agree with you on lifestyle, nothing but excellent service from them.
    Joseph

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Oy. That's not good (and I have a maintenance contract with them as well.)
    2012 RT-S5, Quantum Blue, "Bitsy". Just starting out.

Spyder Garage

Why would you spend $3k to extend your warranty coverage. I know Rob's Performance had a thread here with some very inexpensive pricing on the BRP extended warranty....and would be done at any BRP authorized dealer.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder-dude View Post
    Why would you spend $3k to extend your warranty coverage. I know Rob's Performance had a thread here with some very inexpensive pricing on the BRP extended warranty....and would be done at any BRP authorized dealer.
    It was not warranty coverage, it was for maintenance (oil changes, etc.)

Spyder Garage

They also sell the maintenance plans...and still isn't $3k. They discount the BRP plans as much as 70%.
    ** Loving my 5th Can-Am Spyder since 2007! **

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Great time to learn how to do an oil change... its on YouTube for free!
    (A saving of $2950 already!! ($50for the kit!!)).

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder-dude View Post
    Because I actually could get it as part of my financing AND get a lower interest rate as a result.
    2012 RT-S5, Quantum Blue, "Bitsy". Just starting out.

Spyder Garage

Update, for those locals who are interested:

My wife and I stopped by Lynnwood Motoplex yesterday for a chat about this situation. They were very friendly and forthcoming and did not treat us "yesterday's customers, see you later". They put together a signed letter for me with assurances about their continued maintenance support of my Spyder using trained techs and access to all OEM parts, use of the BUDS hookup, etc. While I would certainly prefer that they had stayed as an official BRP dealer, I am satisfied that for the routine maintenance that I paid for under the plan they will be able to properly comply. They are only 10 miles from me and the alternative dealers are all at least an hour away, so that was also a factor in my decision to accept their letter and assurances. I know that if I have anything major that needs doing outside the maintenance I will probably have to go further afield, but I will deal with that when it happens.

They have been pretty good to me in my dealing with them during the time we have had the Spyder, so I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they will continue to step up here, until proven otherwise.

Spyder Garage

Kevin,

That's good that they wrote a letter, I also called the other day and said that Glen was still there as the BRP Tech mechanic. They also informed me that my current maintenance plan has expired and what a surprise. No notification from them at all. Any way glad you are satisified with them.

Spyder Garage

I will second this. Mark knows these machines inside and out and Justin really looks after you in the parts division. The owner (Greg) just hired a new general manager that was a rep for BRP so they have a complete team now. I am aware of riders coming from all four corners of the state to see Lifestyles for purchasing and servicing their Spyders.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck gross View Post

Spyder Garage

If they are severing the relationship with BRP , how can they honor maintenance contracts without BUDS computer hook up
    ?
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ?????????

Quote Originally Posted by Radguy View Post

Just paid Lynnwood Motoplex $3K to extend my maintenance contract, and got a letter in the mail today that they have dropped all BRP products. They have apparently switched to Polaris. While they say they will honor maintenance contracts, I sure don't want a Polaris tech trying to figure out my Spyder.

Not a happy camper. Guess I'll be hiking down to Larsons in Fife or up to Mt. Vernon...
    .......................................Just a thought here, you say " just paid Lynwood etc ".......How much time between just paid ,and them telling you they are NO longer with BRP ??????..........I doubt if the BRP thing happened overnight..................If they accepted your Money knowing they were parting company with BRP ........that could constitute " FRAUD "..........................good luck .......Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default dealers

Quote Originally Posted by Radguy View Post
    Update, for those locals who are interested:

My wife and I stopped by Lynnwood Motoplex yesterday for a chat about this situation. They were very friendly and forthcoming and did not treat us "yesterday's customers, see you later". They put together a signed letter for me with assurances about their continued maintenance support of my Spyder using trained techs and access to all OEM parts, use of the BUDS hookup, etc. While I would certainly prefer that they had stayed as an official BRP dealer, I am satisfied that for the routine maintenance that I paid for under the plan they will be able to properly comply. They are only 10 miles from me and the alternative dealers are all at least an hour away, so that was also a factor in my decision to accept their letter and assurances. I know that if I have anything major that needs doing outside the maintenance I will probably have to go further afield, but I will deal with that when it happens.

They have been pretty good to me in my dealing with them during the time we have had the Spyder, so I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they will continue to step up here, until proven otherwise.

Glad to hear they are taking care of you and your Rad Spyder sad to see a dealer drop the BRP line.
    I wonder if they are gonna regret their decision with the unveiling of the new F3 ?