Spyder Garage

Default lovers web sight

The spyder sight seems to be off line a lot lately. Is it the site or my computer?

Spyder Garage

May want to check your 'puter ... I'm on practically daily, even while at work.

Spyder Garage

I am on it every day , if it is at work , they are bocking it

Spyder Garage

Default Looks like..!!

it's at your end. Site has been working fine...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Easy sailing in Hinterland

Nothing but cool breezes and blue sky's right here.
    Clear your computer cookies and memory cache.

But did you know, about those amazing Sun flares today?
    Ah, well let's just say there are going to be big Aurora Borealis this evening, for many.

Enjoy the free light show in the sky, all who get to enjoy its brilliance...

Chas

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Might be related to the RT issue!!

Spyder Garage

been working fine here everyday
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Working fine here also.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdsd1 View Post
    The spyder sight seems to be off line a lot lately. Is it the site or my computer?
    I think it might be some of the internet system between you and SL. The other night I had trouble accessing not only SL, but other distant sites as well. But a local TV station site came in OK on Chrome, but not on Firefox which I use most all the time. When I finally got reconnected to SL there were comments that had been posted while I couldn't connect, so obviously it was not SL that was the problem. At least not 100%.

I don't know, but I kind of think if one of the communication links your local ISP is using half way across the country goes bad, it might take the internet backbone servers awhile to establish an alternate route.

When you have trouble connecting to SL what about other sites? Are they all unreachable? If so, then your local ISP may be the problem. Try pinging SL. Sometimes the connection exists but the browser communication fails. Also, if you have wired cable internet you might be seeing saturation of the local cable link. In other words there is a high possibility that your problem is not your computer nor SL, but the system in between.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm sorry...

I don't get on here very often; the NEXT time that I'm able to visit the site, I'll let you know if I have any troubles...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Everything is under control, control, control....

Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you can get to other websites, but not to Spyderlovers, check your DNS settings. I was using the DNS servers provided by Time Warner Cable, and had some problems. I changed all my settings to use Google DNS servers, and haven't had an issue since.

Spyder Garage

Default lovers web site

This may help when you're not sure if the problem is at your end or down in general.

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

I've wondered sometimes and this set my mind at ease. Hope this helps. Have a good one.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Seriously...
    I wonder if the Solar Flare eruptions, that will be kicking the snot ouf of our Planet's Magnetic Field; might have a hand in this?

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default That's It

Quote Originally Posted by DLewis View Post
    May want to check your 'puter ... I'm on practically daily, even while at work.
    You're FIRED!!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Uh-Oh...
    That's why I'm never actually here...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Seriously...
    I wonder if the Solar Flare eruptions, that will be kicking the snot ouf of our Planet's Magnetic Field; might have a hand in this?
    Wondered the same thing last night when I was reading about the flares!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So if we DO all blink-out ; at least we know that we can blame them!

See ya on the other side!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default All's well that ends well

Still sailing on smooth water here. Even if the Sun does wave hello.

No Aurora Borealis was witnessed at all, checking throughout the darkest part of the day-night.

Clear your cache and cookies, turn off, turn on and get happy...

Chas

Spyder Garage

Default do you use FireFox?

Firefox_Windows_Problem.jpg
    2014 Pearl white RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    I think it might be some of the internet system between you and SL. The other night I had trouble accessing not only SL, but other distant sites as well. But a local TV station site came in OK on Chrome, but not on Firefox which I use most all the time. When I finally got reconnected to SL there were comments that had been posted while I couldn't connect, so obviously it was not SL that was the problem. At least not 100%.

I don't know, but I kind of think if one of the communication links your local ISP is using half way across the country goes bad, it might take the internet backbone servers awhile to establish an alternate route.

When you have trouble connecting to SL what about other sites? Are they all unreachable? If so, then your local ISP may be the problem. Try pinging SL. Sometimes the connection exists but the browser communication fails. Also, if you have wired cable internet you might be seeing saturation of the local cable link. In other words there is a high possibility that your problem is not your computer nor SL, but the system in between.

This seems the most probable. I can get other sites. I tried at 8:30 am my time no luck and kept trying
    through out the day, no luck. Then around 4:30 pm it showed up. Oh well thanks for all the input

Spyder Garage

This seems the most probable. I can get other sites. I tried at 8:30 am my time no luck and kept trying
    through out the day, no luck. Then around 4:30 pm it showed up. Oh well thanks for all the input
    If you have a smartphone try accessing SL with it when you can't with your PC. Or go to a coffee shop with a laptop and try. They undoubtedly use entirely different routing to get to SL. If you can get on it w/ the phone or at a different location, but not the PC then maybe it's time to try the DNS change noted above.

2014 Copper RTS