Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Corrupt Cops

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's a real easy fix to this...

DON'T put yourself in the position of being suspected drug dealer...

After all; Necromongers get to keep, what they kill!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have heard about this before. Cops sieze stuff and you have to fight to get it back. Just idea you might be dealing drugs or have some money could get you in the "boat". I suport LEO's, but this "outfit" is getting out of hand. they use your tax dollars to fight you in Court.
    I was told one time that I fit a drug runners profile. A common vehicle making a run every two weeks up the interstate. A trip to a town 100 miles away on Fridy, then back home. the same on Sunday A dark blue Dodge Dakota pick up. I was never stopped however. Why Child custody case, taking Grandkids to meet Mother for week end.
    Mostly great LEO's, but some bad apples
    Oldamnzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default lying

cops in my day were good people... cared about others and the law...
    no longer... sad.

Spyder Garage

This was part of the War on Drugs laws passed a few years back. The cops are doing what our elected representatives have told them to do.
    Last edited by Dan_Ashley; 09-08-2014 at 08:25 PM.
    Dan

2012 Viper Red Rt
    upgrades:
    Baja Ron's Anti-Sway
    Diamond-R Arm Rests
    Gloriders
    High mount brake light
    chrome front fender garnish
    Bad Boy Horn
    Chrome Deflector Rack
    Chrome Scuff Nose Accent
    Handlebar Grip Fringe
    Gremlin Bells

Spyder Garage

Come on guys. I don't know anything about "The Verge", but that particular story smacks of sensationalism at it's worst. It reads like it's right out of the pages of the National Enquirer. Just ask yourself, how long a cop would be able to keep his job, in just about any state in the nation, if he routinely absconded money from motorists without finding a shred of hard evidence of drug trafficking.

Read the story in the Washington Post that this writer quotes as his "source". "Source" is far too strong a word in this instance. It's like trying to claim that the recent movie "Noah", with Russel Crowe, that came out early this year accurately depicts the biblical story of Noah from the Old Testament.
    Last edited by robmorg; 09-08-2014 at 11:43 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Come on guys. I don't know anything about "The Verge", but that particular story smacks of sensationalism at it's worst. It reads like it's right out of the pages of the National Enquirer. Just ask yourself, how long a cop would be able to keep his job, in just about any state in the nation, if he routinely absconded money from drivers without finding a shred of hard evidence of drug trafficking.

Read the story in the Washington Post that this writer quotes as his "source". "Source" is far too strong a word in this instance. It's like trying to claim that the recent movie "Noah", with Russel Crowe, that came out early this year accurately depicts the biblical story of Noah from the Old Testament.
    Amen!
    Sempyder out,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Come on guys. I don't know anything about "The Verge", but that particular story smacks of sensationalism at it's worst. It reads like it's right out of the pages of the National Enquirer. Just ask yourself, how long a cop would be able to keep his job, in just about any state in the nation, if he routinely absconded money from motorists without finding a shred of hard evidence of drug trafficking.

Exactly. I can't believe anyone would afford any sort of credibility to junk like this. More importantly, This is a SPYDER website. It's supposed to be about Spyder related topics. This is a political post and it doesn't belong here.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

This is not the first story about this phenomenon. I have seen several in reputable news sources. The scary thing about these seizures is that there is nothing you can do to stop them and YOU have to prove your innocence to get the money back. No innocent until proven guilty.

Last summer I sold my Harley Road Glide to a fellow from out of state. Since I did not know him and there are numerous examples of cashier check fraud, I demanded cold, hard cash. $12,000 dollars. He brought it as 120 $100 dollar bills. Had he been stopped, the cops could have claimed that was drug money and confiscated it. by the way, I used that money to buy my Spyder.

Those of you who want to dismiss this story because it is from The Verge apparently failed to note that the first sentence clearly notes that their information comes from the Washington Post. Here is the article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/inv...-targets-cash/
    Last edited by OldCowboy; 09-09-2014 at 01:13 AM.

Silver Shadow
    2013 RT-S Lamonster Edition (vented windshield,
    NBV highway pegs, Two Brothers exhaust)
    Additional Mods: SpyderPops BumpSkid, Elka 1+ shocks, BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America,” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Has anybody actually checked to see if this "secret and encrypted" forum is actually real?

Perhaps Bigfoot is the moderator!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

What has this to do with Spyders or motorcycles? Any moderators on this site or anything goes?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It could be moved to "Off-Topic"...
    But it's still a point that is free to be discussed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OldCowboy View Post
    Those of you who want to dismiss this story because it is from The Verge apparently failed to note that the first sentence clearly notes that their information comes from the Washington Post. Here is the article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/inv...-targets-cash/
    My point was that two stories are very different. The Washington Post story is journalistic expose' of the Desert Snow and the related Black Asphalt operations. While the journalist obviously takes exceptions to these operations, when you read his story with an open mind you get a very different perspective than you do from the piece in the Verge, which is purely sensationalistic and written for entertainment purposes.

Redflasher is correct, of course. If the OP felt inclined to bring this to our attention at all, he should have done so in the "Off Topic Board", which is designated here for these sorts of discussions.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It could be moved to "Off-Topic"...
    But it's still a point that is free to be discussed.
    It should be moved to Off Topic, so we can discuss more; I find it interesting.

I going to check if someone I know is a member of Black Asphalt or if he knows someone that is.
    Last edited by wyliec; 09-09-2014 at 11:17 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Please let us know what you find out!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Ashley View Post
    This was part of the War on Drugs laws passed a few years back. The cops are doing what our elected representatives have told them to do.
    The "I was just following orders" thingy didn't work out too well for Nazi concentration guards did it? Makes no difference what your elected representatives tell them to do - it it's wrong you don't have to do it. If you are a good moral person you will refuse to do wrong. What does this say about this bunch who laugh and brag about what they did?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by C3517C View Post
    Exactly. I can't believe anyone would afford any sort of credibility to junk like this. More importantly, This is a SPYDER website. It's supposed to be about Spyder related topics. This is a political post and it doesn't belong here.
    Wrong. As Spyder riders we come into contact with law enforcement types daily. This piece is a warning that all police are to be viewed with suspicion, especially on traffic stops.

Spyder Garage

On first go around, just mentioning the names, he knows nothing. So, I linked the Washington Post article for him to read.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sometimes; it's a lot of fun having, "sources"...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    On first go around, just mentioning the names, he knows nothing. So, I linked the Washington Post article for him to read.
    He's on duty today, and my daughter sent him the article. He'll probably show it to his buddies too.

Spyder Garage

I have heard about this happening in the US a couple of years ago. One poor guy got stopped in Texas with cash that he was going to use to buy a car and a gravestone car for his dying aunt. The cops seized $10000 from him and he had to get a lawyer to get it back. He did get the money back and sued them for more I believe.
    This is nothing new and I think has been getting worst because the cops get to keep a large portion of it if the money is not claimed. With their budgets getting slashed more and more they see this as an income stream for them.

Spyder Garage

Default bingo

Quote Originally Posted by dndfindley View Post
    Wrong. As Spyder riders we come into contact with law enforcement types daily. This piece is a warning that all police are to be viewed with suspicion, especially on traffic stops.
    BINGO....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't care much for the, "presumption of guilt"...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dndfindley View Post
    The "I was just following orders" thingy didn't work out too well for Nazi concentration guards did it? Makes no difference what your elected representatives tell them to do - it it's wrong you don't have to do it. If you are a good moral person you will refuse to do wrong. What does this say about this bunch who laugh and brag about what they did?

...As Spyder riders we come into contact with law enforcement types daily. This piece is a warning that all police are to be viewed with suspicion, especially on traffic stops.
    Wow!! You really think that all law enforcement offices are to be viewed with suspicion??? What an extraordinary point of view.

Police officers, by nature, are not usually humble people. And I will admit that there may be a few who operate at the outer fringes of the law, as the Washington Post story claims. There always have been and there probably always will be. But I surely wouldn't want to live in a place that didn't have them around. Nor would I want to live in a society that considers folks who risk their lives to stop drug traffickers from hurting children by putting drugs on the street to satisfy their own greed, as "immoral". Seems to me that point of view is a bit backwards. And if some cops want to brag a little on a restricted police web site about how much contraband and drug money they took off the street, well it may not seem like the "gentlemanly" thing to do, but I'm just not going to get all that upset about it.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It takes a particular type of personality, to be able to jump into a situation, and take charge in about two seconds...