Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2011 rt limited no power when key is turned help

my 2011 rt limited will not start. is parked on road. no light or movement of gagues or program display. checked fuses but they look good. put battery jump on with no change. can anyone help? 300 mi from home. in indiana

Spyder Garage

Default Hard to say..!!

Not much to go on...your not getting any power to the system. You need a good battery like a car or big bike to hookup to the system (with jumpers) If you get no lights dash running (fenders) flashers, horn etc then your ground cable or main fuse is out. If you do you should be able to start it. Which means the battery is gone. You should be able to get to a shop anyway and have the battery load tested and charged/replaced. If still can't get her going you will have to have her towed to a shop. If you have the spyder codes app for android or my spyder for apple they are free you will find dealers listed and spyders to the rescue as well. Not much help but a start...good luck..!!
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default If I understand

You said you jumped battery with no change? if you connected directly to battery. my vote would be for loose ground from battery to frame. as mentioned.
    2014 Pearl white RTS

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

ok will try to go to frame with neg cable. How can the parking brake be removed? is there a way to jumper it so I can push the bike to a trailer?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Not much to go on...your not getting any power to the system. You need a good battery like a car or big bike to hookup to the system (with jumpers) If you get no lights dash running (fenders) flashers, horn etc then your ground cable or main fuse is out. If you do you should be able to start it. Which means the battery is gone. You should be able to get to a shop anyway and have the battery load tested and charged/replaced. If still can't get her going you will have to have her towed to a shop. If you have the spyder codes app for android or my spyder for apple they are free you will find dealers listed and spyders to the rescue as well. Not much help but a start...good luck..!!
    thank u it was the pos terminal!!! took 1/4 turn. found maine fuse under lt side panle. why do we need so many things hidden?