Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default My Poor Brother!

It's hard not to at my 8 years younger brother, but in the interest of family harmony I'll refrain! He bought a 2014 HD Tri-Glide late last year after considering a Spyder. He has never missed an opportunity to brag about great a bike it is. Yesterday, when I stopped to see him to tell him I would not be making the trip to north Idaho & western Montana today because of the DPS problem on my bike, he said, "I don't ever want to hear another comment about Harley's breaking down. Your Spyder has been in the shop for problems a lot more than my Harley." I reminded him that other than the ECM upgrade, and now the DPS, I've had no problem with it.

So, he headed off on the trip by himself today, going to MT first because of predicted snow in Glacier Park later this week. He rode from McCall, ID to Seeley Lake, MT, 313 miles in 6 hours, part of it on US Hwy 12. Now, Hwy 12 is one of the favorites for bikers because it's 2 lane, not a lot traffic, beautiful scenery, and lots of curves. When I talked to him a little bit ago he said he'll never do Hwy 12 again! All those curves. It was hard riding them, especially where the pavement was rough. The front wheel of his Tri-Glide liked to bounce around and steering was hard! And after 6 hours his butt was SORE! He was tempted to quit in Missoula after 5 hours but it was only one more hour to his buddy's place in Seeley Lake.

Ah yes, those Harley's are just absolutely the best bike ever made for touring, aren't they? I will just have to report how well I feel after 6 or so hours and 300 to 400 miles on my RT, won't I? If things work out I'll be heading east in a week to see our son and family in east Iowa. Think my brother will want to come with me?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer..!!

Sorry you couldn't be there. But if he goes with you next trip he will get more disillusioned when he can't keep up with you.. or will you be the good brother and stay with him..??
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Brag about your sweet Ryde, I would.
    Ryde as if your life depends on it,
    because it does !! Ryde Safe!
    Vietnam 67-69

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No doubt; the Tr-G's will try to push the front wheel in the twisties...
    They are VERY comfortable bikes; within the limited scope of their capabilities!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm, again, glad I chose to stay with Spyder instead of getting a TG this spring. I was really close to becoming a HOG. Thanks for the story.

And I would also rub it in a little.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default MY RT JOURNEY

.....Better not tell Him this either, I bought my RT and then drove it Home about 1500 miles in two days Mikeguyver