Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Murphybrown 622 tire eating trailer update...

Good Morning All you wonderful folks:
    Well, I was sooooo hoping that the next post I put on SL in regards to my tire eating trailer was going to be one of "It's fixed. It's replaced. It's never going to eat another tire or cause another problem in the tire department." Well here I am and that is not what you are going to read. I have reached that point of BRP are you kidding me. Just a recap..purchased the trailer brand new...took possession on May 3 when I left Spyderfest and headed on a trip to New Orleans, etc. So fast forward and this will become a WAG on miles (if you want exact I have those records)..but at about 4000k I have the 3rd set of tires on needing the 4th soon. I am headed back from Colorado and BRP is insisting I have to take into a Certified Spyder dealership...they were a little scarce in area of Colorado I was touring so I had to put on a couple sets of HiRuns. Now folks these tires are scrubbing off and the right one usually blows. So Pitbull gets me in with a CERTIFIED Dealer in Logan, Utah. Great dealership (Renegade Powersports) and he opens case file (Pitbull had already started this for me)..pulls a 622 off his showroom floor...shortly he is saying think I've found it. I stand by counter when he calls BRP and says right hub is toed in 5mm (now he didn't guess he measured). I listened to his side of conversation and he says 'you saying you don't have a fix for that?'...then he says 'well I've got something I'm going to try' [note that he also typed on repair order that went into BRP]..so he shims it to 1.5 mm and BRP authorized set #4 tires be installed. So off I go headed back home...purchases me one of those official tread measuring tools and start becoming paranoid/obsessive about my right trailer tire. (Now remember if I am not on a multi-day trip the trailer is in my garage.). So all this time I am corresponding with Carlo at BRP..nice guy and he assures me that 1.5mm has been given the blessing and definitely will work. I asked about the not having a fix and he totally denied that BRP ever said such a thing...and says we aren't going to get into the he said/she said scenario.
    Head on a trip into California and low and behold right tire has entered the shrinking tread mode. Try to contact Carlo...no response (not like him as he has always gotten right back to my emails or calls)..finally call Pitbull and Vanessa discovers that Carlo is on vacation. I said to her than find me someone as I need another set of tires. I am in Windsor CA and a Jasmin of BRP (Carlo's supervisor) gets ahold of me and is bending over backwards to get me another set of tires. Even to the point of having the Saramento dealer come and pick up both the Spyder and trailer...because they have to make sure the problem isn't with the Spyder (exact quote). I said how long will they have...no time limit. I say that is not going to work as I don't want to become a resident of Sacramento. So I will change my travel plans and head back north. find me a dealer on that route. Jasmin does...dealer in Redding, CA...he is willing to put new tires on trailer, but does not stock them. So Jasmin airships/next day tires to Redding. Of course I have been handing out for a couple extra days (not my choice folks)..because of weekend. Tires in and installed. I head north..get to Bend, OR to spend the night..measure tread...I left dealership (this is a CERTIFIED dealer)...with 5. mm on both right/left tires. Tread holding at Bend...my original plan was to travel thru the John Day country..but when I calculated mileage could see that I would need a 6th set of tires to get home...so because of trailer tire issues I decided to beat my butt home..get this POS trailer to the CERTIFIED dealer in Moses Lake. Because Jasmin had assured me that after the CERTIFIED dealer did all the tests and measurements they would accept his findings. Again Jasmin is very concerned and determined to do what is right...this time he even states..if it requires replacing the trailer we will. But we have to have all those measurements and maybe even check the Spyder. OK all good by me I am willing and want this SETTLED. Cutting my travel plans on the Studley Spyder because of a factory defect does not make for a happy Murphybrown. So I get home 623 miles later I am at Moses Lake CERTIFIED dealership (great folks by the way Experience Powersports). I sit in service mgr office while he talks to Jasmin. Jasmin wants a 3rd case file opened on the same issue. and tells Randy he will send him exactly what measurements/test he wants done. And make arrangements if the Spyder is needed to check that the dealership will drive and pick-up. So on Tuesday I call Randy and ask if he has had a chance to do what BRP requested. He said yep had that trailer totally apart. (he had seen what the CERTIFIED dealer in Logan UT had done to get toe in to 1.5) Did everything BRP requested and besides the right hub still being toes in they found that the hitch was not mounted true. Said he had forwarded all info to Jasmin. On Thurs I call dealer and he says BRP had gotten back to him and now they wanted PICTURES. What the crap? Yep folks Murphybrown does have a limit to her patience. BRP insists it has to be to a Certified dealer (OK started with Logan, UT...they attempted a fix: then to Redding, CA for new tires and that tech says yea I can visually see where LOgan tried their fix, then to CERTIFIED dealer in Moses Lake...who sends verfication, as per BRP request and now they want more.
    I have one more multi day fall trip and trust me I won't be using the trailer...back to traveling the way I did pre trailer.
    So there you go folks. MB has reached her limit and frustration is oozzing out all over...I don't understand when I am clearly told it must go to Certified dealer...no worries...it has been at 3 and still BRP won't accept what the dealer found. The trailer was assembled INCORRECTLY. Not my fault, not a CERTIFIED dealers fault...it was a bad hair day for some on the assembly line and QC missed it also. So BRP/Jasmin I have complied, the CERTIFIED dealer has complied and now the trailer has 2 identified issues. Right hub toe in and tongue not true. It is time to give this customer some satisfaction or take the trailer back and refund my $. I traveled 70k+ miles without a trailer I can sure do it again. Altho I did love having that trailer and besides that it makes a sharp looking set up. But looks ain't everything!!! Oh yea and if anyone asks if I recommend a 622 trailer..do you want to know what my answer is? Didn't think so.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Timely post, I was just looking at one for next years Alaska trip. Now - not so interested.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Glad I didn't buy the 622. Looks are nothing when it comes to functionality. That is a lot of money to lay out on a trailer that is not trued when it is built. Im guessing nothing can be done about it, either. I am going to check the alignment of my trailer as soon as possible. Should be able to measure from same location on each wheel to the tongue, then measure as high up as possible front and back of the tires. Can't think of another way to do it.

Spyder Garage

Default Off thread

Quote Originally Posted by sddinnh View Post
    Timely post, I was just looking at one for next years Alaska trip. Now - not so interested.

Reading a great journal for fellow who rode motorcycle to Alaska...will recap soon. Soooo stay tuned. Yep I sure would have like to have a 622 to take to Alaska. But not that one for sure.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Karyl,

I just can't believe that BRP won't replace the LEMON trailer. We all know the 622 is a good trailer and many like myself have thousands of miles on ours with the same tires.

http://www.lemon-law-advisor.com/was...lemon-law.html

Next time your in Swamp East Missouri bring it by, I have a few pounds of tannerite and a high power rifle I'll loan you...

JT

Spyder Garage

Unhappy The RT 622 is a GREAT trailer.

This, is just one more instance of foot dragging by BRP.

Hope you get a NEW trailer Murphy B.

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post

Reading a great journal for fellow who rode motorcycle to Alaska...will recap soon. Soooo stay tuned. Yep I sure would have like to have a 622 to take to Alaska. But not that one for sure.
    I've been looking at one that's a combination cargo / camping trailer, which would cut down on costs, but I'm still in the decision stages on that one. I may just have a hitch put on for now and let it go until spring.

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I was looking at those combo camping trailers, too, but the wife won't cause of the "bugs". New to motorcycling, I had to laugh a couple of months ago when she caught a glancing blow from a junebug. God Bless her, She hollered out, "Somebody just shot me!" haha!
    Hey, Murphy Brown, not sure how the hub assy bolts up to the suspension, but if it's 4 bolt a couple of washer shims in between in either the front or back should true up the wheel some. On the tongue issue, not much you can do, but it should track straighter with the hub truer.
    Last edited by Roadster Renovations; 09-07-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Spyder Garage

BRP needs to step up and do the right thing. ASAP!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Default No trailer for me...........

I've been following your trailer troubles and it was a big reason I decided against buying a 622. I just purchased a large Cycle Gear Explorer Dry Bag that fits on the passenger seat and will hold a ton of stuff. Was on sale for $70, 1/2 off the normal price. Good luck in dealing with BRP

2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post
    Why would they. They will keep denying, asking for more information. and stalling until the trailer is out of warranty. They are doing the same thing with the 2013 RT's. It's their corporate mind set. I am very well acquainted with Carlo, who has been less than a joy to deal with. My dealer has problems with him as well. Murphybrown, I sure do hope you get this worked out. Keep us posted.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Thank you for your great summary of "hell".

I sure hope it finally, finally gets sorted to your satisfaction.

This has been an essay in how not to treat a loyal customer!

BTW: Is Jasmin really a 'him' & not a 'her'
    Last edited by oldgoat; 09-07-2014 at 04:20 PM.
    2008 GS SM5, Full Moon Silver
    2007 Piaggio MP3 - 250cc

Spyder Garage

Amen! Guess I won't be buying one
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Spyder Garage

Well, I haven't had any problems with my 622 since I got it in early 2012. I think it's a great trailer.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Spyder Garage

Default I hope they're good trailers!

I just signed the paperwork on a new, pearl white, 2013 RT-622 trailer and am picking it up later this week. We're on vacation in Florida and it's right on the way home. Life is good!
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

My 2010 RT622 has about 6k miles on it and other than the carpet falling down (hot glue fixed) and replacing the lid gaskets with better ones I've not had any issues. I just crawled under mine to look and I'd have to guess when they welded the frame up in the fixture the guy/gal just didn't get it in right. The tongue is a separate piece from the frame and if it ain't straight the frame is the fault.

JT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Good Morning All you wonderful folks:
    Well, I was sooooo hoping that the next post I put on SL in regards to my tire eating trailer was going to be one of "It's fixed. It's replaced. It's never going to eat another tire or cause another problem in the tire department." Well here I am and that is not what you are going to read. I have reached that point of BRP are you kidding me. Just a recap..purchased the trailer brand new...took possession on May 3 when I left Spyderfest and headed on a trip to New Orleans, etc. So fast forward and this will become a WAG on miles (if you want exact I have those records)..but at about 4000k I have the 3rd set of tires on needing the 4th soon. I am headed back from Colorado and BRP is insisting I have to take into a Certified Spyder dealership...they were a little scarce in area of Colorado I was touring so I had to put on a couple sets of HiRuns. Now folks these tires are scrubbing off and the right one usually blows. So Pitbull gets me in with a CERTIFIED Dealer in Logan, Utah. Great dealership (Renegade Powersports) and he opens case file (Pitbull had already started this for me)..pulls a 622 off his showroom floor...shortly he is saying think I've found it. I stand by counter when he calls BRP and says right hub is toed in 5mm (now he didn't guess he measured). I listened to his side of conversation and he says 'you saying you don't have a fix for that?'...then he says 'well I've got something I'm going to try' [note that he also typed on repair order that went into BRP]..so he shims it to 1.5 mm and BRP authorized set #4 tires be installed. So off I go headed back home...purchases me one of those official tread measuring tools and start becoming paranoid/obsessive about my right trailer tire. (Now remember if I am not on a multi-day trip the trailer is in my garage.). So all this time I am corresponding with Carlo at BRP..nice guy and he assures me that 1.5mm has been given the blessing and definitely will work. I asked about the not having a fix and he totally denied that BRP ever said such a thing...and says we aren't going to get into the he said/she said scenario.
    Head on a trip into California and low and behold right tire has entered the shrinking tread mode. Try to contact Carlo...no response (not like him as he has always gotten right back to my emails or calls)..finally call Pitbull and Vanessa discovers that Carlo is on vacation. I said to her than find me someone as I need another set of tires. I am in Windsor CA and a Jasmin of BRP (Carlo's supervisor) gets ahold of me and is bending over backwards to get me another set of tires. Even to the point of having the Saramento dealer come and pick up both the Spyder and trailer...because they have to make sure the problem isn't with the Spyder (exact quote). I said how long will they have...no time limit. I say that is not going to work as I don't want to become a resident of Sacramento. So I will change my travel plans and head back north. find me a dealer on that route. Jasmin does...dealer in Redding, CA...he is willing to put new tires on trailer, but does not stock them. So Jasmin airships/next day tires to Redding. Of course I have been handing out for a couple extra days (not my choice folks)..because of weekend. Tires in and installed. I head north..get to Bend, OR to spend the night..measure tread...I left dealership (this is a CERTIFIED dealer)...with 5. mm on both right/left tires. Tread holding at Bend...my original plan was to travel thru the John Day country..but when I calculated mileage could see that I would need a 6th set of tires to get home...so because of trailer tire issues I decided to beat my butt home..get this POS trailer to the CERTIFIED dealer in Moses Lake. Because Jasmin had assured me that after the CERTIFIED dealer did all the tests and measurements they would accept his findings. Again Jasmin is very concerned and determined to do what is right...this time he even states..if it requires replacing the trailer we will. But we have to have all those measurements and maybe even check the Spyder. OK all good by me I am willing and want this SETTLED. Cutting my travel plans on the Studley Spyder because of a factory defect does not make for a happy Murphybrown. So I get home 623 miles later I am at Moses Lake CERTIFIED dealership (great folks by the way Experience Powersports). I sit in service mgr office while he talks to Jasmin. Jasmin wants a 3rd case file opened on the same issue. and tells Randy he will send him exactly what measurements/test he wants done. And make arrangements if the Spyder is needed to check that the dealership will drive and pick-up. So on Tuesday I call Randy and ask if he has had a chance to do what BRP requested. He said yep had that trailer totally apart. (he had seen what the CERTIFIED dealer in Logan UT had done to get toe in to 1.5) Did everything BRP requested and besides the right hub still being toes in they found that the hitch was not mounted true. Said he had forwarded all info to Jasmin. On Thurs I call dealer and he says BRP had gotten back to him and now they wanted PICTURES. What the crap? Yep folks Murphybrown does have a limit to her patience. BRP insists it has to be to a Certified dealer (OK started with Logan, UT...they attempted a fix: then to Redding, CA for new tires and that tech says yea I can visually see where LOgan tried their fix, then to CERTIFIED dealer in Moses Lake...who sends verfication, as per BRP request and now they want more.
    I have one more multi day fall trip and trust me I won't be using the trailer...back to traveling the way I did pre trailer.
    So there you go folks. MB has reached her limit and frustration is oozzing out all over...I don't understand when I am clearly told it must go to Certified dealer...no worries...it has been at 3 and still BRP won't accept what the dealer found. The trailer was assembled INCORRECTLY. Not my fault, not a CERTIFIED dealers fault...it was a bad hair day for some on the assembly line and QC missed it also. So BRP/Jasmin I have complied, the CERTIFIED dealer has complied and now the trailer has 2 identified issues. Right hub toe in and tongue not true. It is time to give this customer some satisfaction or take the trailer back and refund my $. I traveled 70k+ miles without a trailer I can sure do it again. Altho I did love having that trailer and besides that it makes a sharp looking set up. But looks ain't everything!!! Oh yea and if anyone asks if I recommend a 622 trailer..do you want to know what my answer is? Didn't think so.
    Holy Cow! etc. etc.

What is so hard about having you send the trailer back to an approved testing center, replacing an obviously bad unit, or just giving you a refund? Every time they change up the rules, it is costing them more money. I bet they have dollars in the thousands in this complaint to date. They need to have your unit for R & D to find the problem and make sure it does not happen on other units.

BRP can be very good or very bad.

Here, it is very obvious. They have enough free advertising off this one that the "I am not going to buy a 622 trailer" promos are coming in. Here, they are even messing around with a very well known and respected member of the site. Many are thinking, if they do this to her, what can others expect?

Time for the corporate boys and girls to wake up and smell the flowers. This will not go away until it is solved.

Well, no test rides for me I guess.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by flaggerphil View Post
    Well, I haven't had any problems with my 622 since I got it in early 2012. I think it's a great trailer.
    Same for me. I have a 2010 RT-622 and no problem to report.

Spyder Garage

Default Wow..!!

just unbelievable...this could have been handled in oh so many way...this is not one of them...this willcost them so much more in the long run... Chin up hope your trip will still be as great as the others...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Karyl:

i believe it is time for Pit Bull to step up and replace this trailer. If the factory won't stand behind the product.... The dealer should. So it costs them a few grand..... They owe it to you and their reputation.

let them put the heat on BRP from now on.

They even ought to deliver it to you.

You are to BRP what Hazel Kolb was to Harley Davidson!
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Murphy Brown is correct - there was a production hiccup and BRP should just swap it out, take it home & refurbish it. Alternatively, BRP should return it to the factory for proper repairs, and ship it back to MB. I suspect just giving her a new one would be cheaper. People DO read this forum, and the BRP trailer is 2X more money than the ones many of us have owned. You should expect something for all that money.
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

............hang in their Murphy, thing will get better. You're in our prayers . We probably have somewhere between 12K & 14K miles on our RT622 and the original tires still look new.

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yazz View Post

Spyder Garage

Default I am one of the lucky ones, patience is thin

I got the 622 trailer with my 2010 RTS and have put over 10,000 on it to date( on the trailer, 25,000 on the spyder). Never a single issue. Would buy again.
    I know this doesn't help but this is the only 622 I have heard about being bad. OF COURSE BRP should simply get on with it and replace it. Period. Pit Bull should chime in, Lamonster should also throw his leverage in to BRP and get some action done. This just isn't right the way MB is being treated, or anyone for that matter , by a company. If you read very many of my post or comments on this forum you know that I am a strong supporter of the Spyder. I hardly ever get negative about BRP, This situation has GOT to be taken care of asap. BRP?? Get it done!!
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sddinnh View Post
    I have one on order---will pick up next week. I am also planning on the Alaska trip next year. Would be nice if we could meet up and travel together.