Spyder Garage

Default Value of 2014 RT Extended Warantees

SpyderLovers has been a very valuable resource in learning all I can about the 2014 RT models before pulling the trigger. I'm getting down to the small details on a 2014 RT-S buy and have a good end of model year price proposal from a large dealer. Would any 2014 RT owners care to share their views on the advisability/value of an extended warranty (suggested by the salesman, naturally). It appears to me to be a method of dealer getting back some of the margin cut in parts & labor particularly since there's no dealer financing involved. Thank you.

Spyder Garage

Most new purchase deals have an extended Best Warranty for at least one year. Check the BRP web page.

Those extended warranties that you pay extra for? That is a call you must make. Does it work at ANY dealer, or do you have to have the service at the dealer you purchase it from? If it is limited to the purchasing dealer, don't waste your money.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

It's an insurance policy, plain and simple. Both kinds give me some piece of mind, and I really hope I never need either....
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

2014 give you a 3 year WARR AT NO COST. The dealer will give you the standard 2 year and you will get the 3rd year from the mfg in the mail on the warr card they mail to you

Spyder Garage

Default Warranty

If it is the warranty which is free you should take it and you may want to extend depending on how long you plan on keeping the vehicle. If it is service contact you must decide how you plan on using the vehicle and how many miles you plan on putting on it each year. Please remember that there are numerous computers on the vehicle and if any of them go Out it is a major expense. I did not take the service even though I put many miles on since the vehicle spends 50 per cent of the time in 2 states each and it needs to be taken to the same dealer for the service contract to work. In addition, you need to know how good their service dept. is.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default EXTENDED WARRANTY

​...mY 1 1/2 CENTS....I think the 2014 is going to prove to be bullet-proof in the long run.......And You don't have to purchase any extensions on what you now have until JUST BEFORE IT EXPIRES ...this is for the BRP, BEST warranty ....the only one I would consider ...JMHO Mikeguyver

Spyder Garage

FYI - I have the BEST, unlimited milage warranty that expires in 2021....
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    I thought the longest was 5 years? Standard 2 + Best 3. In 2013 that was what was offered as the longest Best had.
    I now have 4 years the standard 2 + 2 Best that was free with purchase of the bike.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    SpyderLovers has been a very valuable resource in learning all I can about the 2014 RT models before pulling the trigger. I'm getting down to the small details on a 2014 RT-S buy and have a good end of model year price proposal from a large dealer. Would any 2014 RT owners care to share their views on the advisability/value of an extended warranty (suggested by the salesman, naturally). It appears to me to be a method of dealer getting back some of the margin cut in parts & labor particularly since there's no dealer financing involved. Thank you.
    Extended warranty is priceless if needed and worthless if not. It's a lot like gambling - which dice do you want to roll?

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Registered Users Top End Unlimited's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default EXTENDED WARRANTY

I am buying mine from Pitbull. I looked everywhere and found they are hundreds of dollars cheaper than anyone else. Call them and ask for Jessica Wheeler.

Spyder Garage

It's an insurance policy, plain and simple. Both kinds give me some piece of mind, and I really hope I never need either....
    Exactly . . . and it can pay for itself in one incident . . . remember, happens . . .

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

I'LL likely expire before then!
    3:16

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mtdoragary View Post
    I'LL likely expire before then!
    No worries as the longest will only cover you untill 2019.

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Mine was written for 3+4 - not going to rattle any cages.....
    2014 RT SE6 Rider
    X - Honda Rider
    X - RT S driver
    X - RS driver
    Lifetime VFW Member

Spyder Garage

I'm batting about .500 in terms of getting my money back on extended warranties on bikes, and I bought two years in addition to the two plus one included in the deal on our 2014 Spyder RT. For my part, I like not having to worry about some whopping repair bill coming at the worst possible time.
    MEP
    ​2019 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Big Thanks

Thank you all, or maybe I should say y'all given where I live. I had forgotten about the B.E.S.T. extended warranty and researched it as much as BRP's web site provides. The single most interesting point I found was that the mullet the salesman trolled by me, expensive repair if one of the computer modules goes paws up, appears absolutely nowhere in the BRP list of items that the B.E.S.T. covers. That said and as some of you have pointed out, I've the length of the factory to make the decision on the B.E.S.T. Bravo Zulu!

Spyder Garage

Mine was written for 3+4 - not going to rattle any cages.....

Not to argue with you .................. But .......................... BRP warranties only extend for an additional three years ................. 2 original + 3 Extended (BRP) = 5 years.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

For the 2010 I bought used, the warranty paid for itself several times over. To me, the gamble is not getting one.

If I can extend mine on my 2014 past the four years it came with I certainly will. I had a Western Service warranty on the 2010 and it allowed it to be serviced by a qualified non-dealer, and also seemed to help when the BRP warranty may not have.