Thread: Higher Seat

Spyder Garage

Default Higher Seat

First time owner/ride of 2013 RT and my wife and I love it, First time ever owning a bike. I was wondering if they make a taller king/queen seat for these bikes. As much as my wife likes riding she is short and has the pleasure of only looking at the back of my helmet and out to the sides. It would be great if i could get her higher up behind me so she can see what I am seeing. Any ideas? Thanks

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TALLER SEAT

Hi Dave here,
    Before you go out and spend a bunch of money on a different seat....
    go in the bedroom and get one or 2 of your pillows of the bed and put them
    on the back and have her sit on the seat with the pillows under her then go
    ride down the road for about 5 or 6 miles.... chances are she will be unhappy
    with the higher seat because she will most likely get the wind blast in her face
    and the wind will buffet her helmet all over. Remove one pillow and do it again
    with just the one and see how it is.
    This will tell you real fast id you want to raise that seat enough to get her head above yours.
    Good Luck
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by blowndisk View Post
    First time owner/ride of 2013 RT and my wife and I love it, First time ever owning a bike. I was wondering if they make a taller king/queen seat for these bikes. As much as my wife likes riding she is short and has the pleasure of only looking at the back of my helmet and out to the sides. It would be great if i could get her higher up behind me so she can see what I am seeing. Any ideas? Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Sure..!!

there are a variety of seats..check sponsors here and online. Comfort by brp does raise the passenger (which we have). Corbin and others also change seating position but notfamiliar with them...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black